• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Good movies to watch while stoned.

velmwend

Bluelighter
Just wanna hit the couch, cover myself with a blanket, and spend the night watching movies stoned.

Any good uns? xxx

Clerks, I liked the first one better. If you have Netflix, Trailer Park Boys. (the series)

I'm going with movies that I enjoy to watch stoned-- not necessarily the stereotypical stoner movies revolving solely around drug-related shenanigans. Hope the list doesn't disappoint, and I'll be glad to add more later as I think of them.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (on the off chance you've never seen it)
Green Street Hooligans (follows Elijah Wood getting kicked out of an Ivy League school, moving to England with his sister and falling in with his brother--in-laws group/"gang" of soccer hooligans-- despite it uncharacteristically portraying Elijah Wood as a badass towards the midway point, it actually is one of my favorite movies ever)
No Country For Old Men (slow, quiet movie with a whole lot of WTF moments)
Triangle (2009) -- it's kind of weird but it's a mindfuck of a movie when you're high
anything Kevin Smith-- Dogma, Clerks 1 and 2, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, can't forget MALLRATS-- any Kevin Smith production
Jeff Who Lives at Home
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (again, on the off-chance you've never seen it)
Warrior (MMA fight movie-- SO LEGIT IT'S RIDICULOUS)
City of God (subtitles, set in Brazil, follows two characters from homeless, parentless childhood in the extremely dangerous favelas of Rio di Janeiro as they grow into basically the top guys who run shit in the city. Another absolute favorite of mine, you just have to be good with the subtitles)
Next Day Air -- Funny hood movie co-starring Avon Barksdale from the Wire. Worth a watch.
Snow on tha Bluff - This one's 50.50. It's a hood movie using the whole "found footage" formula. It.... Fuck, man, it's hard to explain. It's for a very specific kind of audience, though, so... here, I'll put up a trailer and let you decide for yourself if it's something that looks retarded to you or something you'd like. Personally? I fuck with it even though I thought a lot of what went on was really, really fucked up.

Trailer:

Last edited:
Snatch
Team America

If you have Netflix...Lost...or Walking Dead..or Twin Peaks

Depends on your mood..

Snatch
Team America

If you have Netflix...Lost...or Walking Dead..or Twin Peaks

Depends on your mood..

SNATCH

ohmyfuckinggod how did I forget Snatch?!?!

I like your taste in movies, kaya. I left my DVD of that movie at a girl's house back in like 2012-2013. Needless to say, I'll never be seeing it again and I'm fuckin' gutted over it. I mean, fuck her, I just want that movie back. I fuckin' loved that one, man.

Trailer Park Boys (older ones...)
Twin Peaks also gets my vote
The Source Family (documentary)
...it's hard to recommend movies for other people.
Another good indie film that's fun is called "In a World"
and the saddest animated movie I've ever seen is called Mary and Max, it's really good! (but really sad)

SNATCH

ohmyfuckinggod how did I forget Snatch?!?!

I like your taste in movies, kaya. I left my DVD of that movie at a girl's house back in like 2012-2013. Needless to say, I'll never be seeing it again and I'm fuckin' gutted over it. I mean, fuck her, I just want that movie back. I fuckin' loved that one, man.

Yeah, the characters get better each time..haha...Also, moves like a comic esp. when youre stoned...and amazing soundtrack...I bought that one...only one I ever bought

...it's hard to recommend movies for other people.

Pretend their interest in movies is identical to your own, and just give 'em a list of movies that you liked to watch stoned (or even sober.... usually movies that are good sober tend to still be pretty good when you're all fucked up).

It's just a recommendation thread, lawyergirl. :) I doubt we'll get mad at you if we don't like your picks.

Yeah, the characters get better each time..haha...Also, moves like a comic esp. when youre stoned...and amazing soundtrack...I bought that one...only one I ever bought

It was one of the few I had ever purchased for myself as well. Usually I would just download a torrent-- nowadays I'm pretty much only streaming, though. Too many warnings from my ISP, lol.

But you're absolutely right about it being almost like watching a live-action comic book.

There was another one with Benicio Del Toro in it that I liked a lot and was similar a bit to Snatch (if I remember correctly).... I think it was called The Way of the Gun.... I can't remember exactly what it's about, I just remember I watched it after I saw Snatch and starting looking online for similar movies or movies featuring the same actors or something....

I remember The Way of the Gun being pretty awesome, though. Sarah Silverman has a quick cameo and gets her face BUSTED, lol, it was pretty amazing.

If you like SNATCH check out "revolver" or this French movie that is bad the fuck ass called mesrine. There's two parts and I've seen the second: public enemy #1 it's awesome. You will not be disappointed. Way of the gun is brilliance.

Enter The Void is one of the craziest movies to watch stoned or tripping. If you're tripping, don't watch it alone unless you want a bad trip :D
Alice in Wonderland (1951) - So weird and colorful... A definite joy.
Yellow Submarine - Like Alice in Wonderland, this movie makes no sense at all but there's a lot of colors and weird stuff going on

^ I almost lost my shit trippin on 4.2 grams cubensis when I was 17 watching the yellow submarine. I didn't know going in it was a cluster fuck of colors and confusion. It was a fantastic trip tho looking back it was irresponsible, I remember having 4.2 on the scale and asking my friend if I should do 5 hes like "I don't want you freaking out huddled in the corner of my room lol". I did 4.2 and it was INTENSE but I didn't freak out but I was there. You know questioning if this will go on foreverrrrrrrr and that good stuff.

2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket, really anything directed by Stanley Kubrick.

Also, The Kids Are Alright-- which is The Who's film... You will not be disappointed.

Also: Red Tails has some great visual stuff and sound effects.

Enemy at the Gates, A Bridge Too Far, Tae Guk GI (which considering the name and what is about is just hilariously perfect), Saving Private Ryan,

Also, the miniseries: John Adams, and The Pacific.

And of course Star Wars.

Just gonna list a few I have seen recently with some older favorites
1. The Thin Red Line. my favorite war movie. It has an incredible cast and is unlike any other war movie made before it. Very cerebral perfect for stoned viewing.
2. Snow piercer- good sci-fi
3. The fault in our stars- saw this last night. A romantic tear jerker about two teenagers with cancer
4. Short Term 12- great little indie movie about kids in the system and the adults trying to help them. Really really good.
5. Trainspotting- a really good coming of age tell about a group of friends caught up in the drug scene.
6. 25th hour- my favorite movie of all time. Spike lee, Edward norton, Rosario Dawson, and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Follows a man for his last 24 hours before starting a 7 year prison sentence for drug possession. Great film highly recommend.

Just gonna list a few I have seen recently with some older favorites
1. The Thin Red Line. my favorite war movie. It has an incredible cast and is unlike any other war movie made before it. Very cerebral perfect for stoned viewing.
2. Snow piercer- good sci-fi
3. The fault in our stars- saw this last night. A romantic tear jerker about two teenagers with cancer
4. Short Term 12- great little indie movie about kids in the system and the adults trying to help them. Really really good.
5. Trainspotting- a really good coming of age tell about a group of friends caught up in the drug scene.
6. 25th hour- my favorite movie of all time. Spike lee, Edward norton, Rosario Dawson, and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Follows a man for his last 24 hours before starting a 7 year prison sentence for drug possession. Great film highly recommend.

the fault in our stars was a cheesy load of horse shit.
and only one teenager has cancer, the other one lost a leg but has a prosthetic that looks and functions exactly like a real leg so that the actor doesn't have to look like an amputee

the fault in our stars was a cheesy load of horse shit.
and only one teenager has cancer, the other one lost a leg but has a prosthetic that looks and functions exactly like a real leg so that the actor doesn't have to look like an amputee

I thought it was good for what it was trying to do.

But you're absolutely right about it being almost like watching a live-action comic book.

There was another one with Benicio Del Toro in it that I liked a lot and was similar a bit to Snatch (if I remember correctly).... I think it was called The Way of the Gun.... I can't remember exactly what it's about, I just remember I watched it after I saw Snatch and starting looking online for similar movies or movies featuring the same actors or something....

BENICIO! One of my favorite actors. It's similar, yes. That movie is tragic...but good all the same..worth watching again for sure..HA..Silverman plays 'Raving Bitch'

If you are looking for a newer movie, Lucy would be a great choice.

Had a great time watching it after eating 3 x 100 mg rice crispie treats.