View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Golden Teacher caps trip?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I figured I should report and ask you guys about tripping on shrooms. I've consumed 4 grams of Golden Teacher shrooms, just chewed on another gram making 5 grams. First time I tried was 1 gram, I got essentially no effect, this time I took 5 grams and we're 2 hours in with some effects for sure but I'm not sure if it's deep enough where I'm trying to get to.

Maybe I should wait it out but potentially waste my only chance to fully experience these shrooms. Or just finish by taking the final gram and I'd be at 6 grams total I think. Should I wait or is it more worthwhile to go full in and just finish off the experience fully

It's dried, I actually took 6mg. I'm definitely feeling fine, fairly clear on things such as personal role and it seems to be helping a lot with getting me a much better direction on life and such. Not too bad for my first trip, I may have to look more into this and see what the environment is like around it. It's pretty chill from what I see so far

I have a long history of many medicines I've tried that I seem to have a very high tolerance to, or you could say I have a high resistance to most medicine. I am fairly opiate naive and I've hardly gotten effects from 120mg Oxycodone (including the APAP) I should have removed but it was a stupid move at the time, total of 3900mg of APAP and 120mg of Oxycodone and was slightly inebriated but little to no other effects, watched my breathing, etc etc. Not smart, I know but it does prove a point

Even though I may currently be nearly 4 hours into a trip with 6mg of cubensis, I still seem fairly functional. I'm not out of my mind, there's some alteration of time for sure but it's not to the point I can't process things normally. I can kind of still switch between letting the shrooms take the or course or I can force it back to reality and get stuff done. Is this typical?

Wow . . . I’d be tripping hard on that much!
If you wait, it may hit you very hard.
I’ve had a delayed onset once that took about 3 hours to come on, due to a huge meal just before.
Smoked a joint at around 3 hrs in and literally had to crawl out of the pool-hall on the floor, seeing little behind the webs of colors and patterns in my entire field of view.
It’s rare, but can happen.
So, since it‘s been an hour, save that gram for a minidose another time. :)

Waves of effects/intensity is common.
Some meds can blunt the effects of psychs.
Try some cannabis, if you’re not “where you wanna be.”
A little at a time.

Wow . . . I’d be tripping hard on that much!
If you wait, it may hit you very hard.
I’ve had a delayed onset once that took about 3 hours to come on, due to a huge meal just before.
Smoked a joint at around 3 hrs in and literally had to crawl out of the pool-hall on the floor, seeing little behind the webs of colors and patterns in my entire field of view.
It’s rare, but can happen.
So, since it‘s been an hour, save that gram for a minidose another time. :)
That sounds sick man!

Yeah, I already consumed all 6mg of it 2 hours ago, I'm definitely in control and not massively tripping. Should I have to take more to trip really intensely? I thought 6 was supposed to be a lot but it's honestly only hitting just a little. No crazy visuals or anything, just some thinking about existential stuff and then snap back to reality

Waves of effects/intensity is common.
Some meds can blunt the effects of psychs.
Try some cannabis, if you’re not “where you wanna be.”
A little at a time.
If I don't have cannabis, can I safely consume alcohol or should I just chill in bed? I have a 6 pack of hard mike's lemonade. I could probably consume them if it would help get me to space and beyond

I had eaten some food, not a whole lot... A half a bowl of mac and cheese. I've taken oxycodone, but not within 24 hours of the shrooms. I've taken DXM but Noth within 72 hours or more of the shrooms.

Either way, I'll give it more time, grow some of my own, and try a fresh batch this time. Even just this one was enough to give me a lot of clarity on life and my goals/direction. I'm now going back to work after being gone for over a month, I'm thinking of ways I can reduce or eliminate meds I'm taking for back pain and instead focus on taking care of my body so I can lose weight and become the person I want to be.

The details of it are... Kind of tough to describe. It's like trying to explain a really good detailed book to a friend, who just won't really understand the full details of how it's changed you. Regardless, I think I can take this and go forward now to work on the things I have been needing to solve. I feel a lot more... At peace and able to cope with what I've been given. And to be honest, I even feel lucky to have the people in my life and be able to be here to support them...

I gotta say, it's almost night and day difference between before taking Mushrooms and after. This was the right move for me.

Dude I'd pee myself rolling on the floor on 6 grams.

Are you on some kind of psych med like SSRI antidepressents that snuff out psychedelic effects?

You should be psychologically seizing out and unable to use the computer on that dose as a drug naive user.

Dude I'd pee myself rolling on the floor on 6 grams.

Are you on some kind of psych med like SSRI antidepressents that snuff out psychedelic effects?

You should be psychologically seizing out and unable to use the computer on that dose as a drug naive user.
Nah, I am prescribed Latuda but I haven't taken it in forever. The only medicines I've taken even semi-recently is Diclofenac (reducing inflammation), pregabalin (within the last 3 days, 450mg a day as prescribed generally) and oxycodone (as well as some hydrocodone) a few days ago. I took 1 gram of shrooms a day ago and felt nearly nothing, so today I ended up taking a total of 6 grams (2 grams, the 1 hour later another 2 grams, then 1 hour after than another 2 grams). I just chewed on the mushroom for a good 5 minutes and tried to let it absorb through the cheeks for faster absorption, then swallowed.

I don't think I've taken any SSRI's recently at all. And I don't think I ate a huge meal or anything either. Perhaps I had a weak batch? But I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact that almost all medicines I take are like this for me, my metabolism is probably just on overdrive. Even if I get Dilaudid IV at the ER, or Ketamine (had that a few times too, it makes me dizzy for 20 minutes then goes away. It's as if my brain finds a way to quickly compensate and bring me back to reality.

Sometimes I wish someone would study me and find out why I am this way, because it definitely doesn't seem normal to me, at least. From what everyone else tells me, I should be effected a lot more than I am when I take this stuff. When I was a kid, I would often play with dangerous insects like snakes and Black Widows, never went to the hospital for a bite, my mom just put some Virginia Snake Root on it and would watch for signs of anything else but I was always be fine. Oh, and I've only been sick like... 4 times in my life, ever. So my guess is that something may be going on with my liver or immune system working overtime or something. I'm O Negative and RH negative, plus I have a really high protein count typically so they can take a double donation of blood and use it for premature babies (since you have to be O negative and RH negative for that, which is fairly rare).

Anyway, lots of extra info, long story short, I think something else must be going on with me cause this is a recurring theme in my life, and feels like it's gotta be connected in some way.

I'm not ready for golden teachers, I'm thinking brown and white mushrooms to go with spitted quail with brandy sauce.

I ate 7 grams of Golden Teachers while I was on Effexor and I tripped really hard, everything that was going on in my life became so real while I was tripping and I had to confront my trauma of my dad's death, it's like I felt his spirit inside of me and I felt his presence like as if my thoughts were his thoughts and I broke out crying. The body high was very intense, and the problem was I had a run in with police a couple days prior and while I was tripping there was a man sitting in his car outside my house and I swore he was looking at me with binoculars and I became convinced he was a cop coming to get me. I went outside and saw it was only two teenagers sitting in the car, but once I went back in the house I became convinced those two kids were gang members coming to kill me and that's when I felt my dad's spirit and I broke down in tears. Everything that was happening in my life at the time, the shrooms made me confront all of it. I was struggling with crack addiction and the shrooms made me take a look at that too I mean I ate 7 grams which I would only recommend to people that want to confront their demons head on

I ate 7 grams of Golden Teachers while I was on Effexor and I tripped really hard, everything that was going on in my life became so real while I was tripping and I had to confront my trauma of my dad's death, it's like I felt his spirit inside of me and I felt his presence like as if my thoughts were his thoughts and I broke out crying. The body high was very intense, and the problem was I had a run in with police a couple days prior and while I was tripping there was a man sitting in his car outside my house and I swore he was looking at me with binoculars and I became convinced he was a cop coming to get me. I went outside and saw it was only two teenagers sitting in the car, but once I went back in the house I became convinced those two kids were gang members coming to kill me and that's when I felt my dad's spirit and I broke down in tears. Everything that was happening in my life at the time, the shrooms made me confront all of it. I was struggling with crack addiction and the shrooms made me take a look at that too I mean I ate 7 grams which I would only recommend to people that want to confront their demons head on
Visually colors were much brighter and my visual acuity was much sharper, and a lot of closed eye visuals, also when I was looking at the two kids in the car , I thought it was only one man looking at me with binoculars, so I assume I was hallucinating and I became delusional thinking he was a cop. I turned off the TV and was hiding in my room