European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Going to give Kratom another go

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
Stopped using kratom after the Psycho-ban, but there are a couple of sources on the continent which apparently ship without issue

This time I'm going to do it differently however.

For one I'm going to be careful not to overdo it, as I think if you take too much you just kill any good effect, as kratom is quite a subtle 'high' (if you can call it that). I think I always used to take too much and miss the so-called 'sweet spot'

Secondly, I'm not going to take my time over consuming it, but rather take it all in a relatively short space of time. I used to spend hours swallowing kratom like one would sip a beer, which probably didn't help

I always used to fill cellulose capsules and usually mixed plain leaf powder with a bit of extract to give it a kick

filled up a lot of capsules and ate them but didn't feel much to be honest.

I've read about a method where you dissolve the kratom in hot water and drink it, so might try that next.

Or there's the old toss 'n' wash method but that tastes pretty disgusting and also fills up your belly with liquid

I heard about a new source for Kratom recently. At first I was very underwhelmed as the kratom from this supplier doesn't have the intense euphoria and amazing boost to musical appreciation, compared to the stuff I was getting from the NL during the legal high era, a few years ago now. I gather that there are prime locations for growing kratom, and I suspect that stock that came via the NL a few years ago was just about the best available. It certainly was so good that I went through several cycles of addiction and quit. When a substance is so good that it's very difficult to not use it, it can create problems.

So with the current stuff, it doesn't have the intense euphoria and amazing boost to musical appreciation. However, it is smashing my self-diagnosed and suspected ADHD and is helping me cope with a very demaniding workload on my job. This job isnt right for me, the workload is too much, considering that (I believe that I) have ADHD, even with self medicating, and there are too many interruptions and social demands and too much stress which is stretching my Autistic limits. THe problem with watching too many things about Autism on Youtube is that they mostly go on about all the limitations and difficulties the condition imposes on people. Sometimes it's better to watch stuff that is about stretching your limits and discovering what you can do, despite the challenges.

I will be finding out tomorrow whether work are going to flat out say this new role is not suitable for me and suggest or force me to take a redundancy. That would give me 5 paid weeks to find a new job, before unemployment starts eating into my funds. If they dont say that, but put me on a bastarding Performance Improvement Plan which has been suggested that it might happen, even though I'm meeting the targets they are telling me about. It's quite likely that my ADHD and Autism is creating something of an image problem, in terms of how others see me. I'm doing the job OK, but actual performance only accounts for about 10% of how you are perceived. Something like 45% each is all about image and exposure (making people aware of the good work you have done.) If I'm not forced out, I will stick at this job as long as I can. It pays pretty well for one thing. And also unemployment is set to increase and peak over the next year or so, so not teh best time to be out of work.

Hopefully in a year or so unemployment will be falling, I'll have had my ADHD assessment and been put on appropriate meds, and will be in a better position to be able to hand in my notice at my current place, and look for something more suitable.

Anyway, back to the kratom. I've found that mixing a couple of the strains does enhance music. It was sounding extra good yesterday. I over indulged and re-dosed too many times yesterday though, and i'm feeling pretty nauseous today and possibly feeling something that feels like the mildest of withdrawls. After 6 days use in a row. It's so mild though that I might be imagining it. I've had a phenergan and a home made ginger and honey hot drink to help with the nauseousness and a modafinil just for good measure, because why not lol.

After a few weeks use I seem to be continually upgrading my estimation of this kratom. It's been a matter of finding the right strains, or mixture of strains, and the right doses.

Last edited:
What strains do you rate now?

I felt nothing from the Sundanese White combined with Benzos, but just got some Cambodian Green and some Thai Maeng Dae and will give them a whirl soon

Red Bali combined with Sumatra green had some good effects yesterday.

The whites are pure stimmy, so might not be the best for combining with benzos, unless you just want to take the edge off but they might just cancel each other out. The reds like Bali Red or Jeruk would probably go best with benzos. I add a bit of the chilled reds to the whites to take the edge off them a bit and round them out.

I find the Thai Maeng Dae to be strongly stimulating and the Cambodian Green should give you an energy and focus boost too.

Red Bali combined with Sumatra green had some good effects yesterday.

The whites are pure stimmy, so might not be the best for combining with benzos, unless you just want to take the edge off but they might just cancel each other out. The reds like Bali Red or Jeruk would probably go best with benzos. I add a bit of the chilled reds to the whites to take the edge off them a bit and round them out.

I find the Thai Maeng Dae to be strongly stimulating and the Cambodian Green should give you an energy and focus boost too.

What's the max amount of grams you would go up to with Thai or Cambodian Green?

3.5g of the Thai is enough for me, it's very strong. I find 4.5g of all the greens is a good dose.

'conventional wisdom' I've read on kratom sites is that lower doses are stimulating and higher doses are sedating *regardless of strain or colours* - some even claim that strain makes no difference whatsoever and that all kratom is the same... I dunno

'conventional wisdom' I've read on kratom sites is that lower doses are stimulating and higher doses are sedating *regardless of strain or colours* - some even claim that strain makes no difference whatsoever and that all kratom is the same... I dunno
I'm pretty sure that's not the case FC. I think all kratom strains have the ability to be stimulating, but the reds contain more mitragynine, so they have more of the opioid effects.
I might be wrong about that, but I definitely preferred the darker strains when I used it, as they seemed to be more euphoric.
the green strains were still pretty nice though.
I've been thinking about experimenting with kratom again, as I've read mixed reports about it working when on methadone. Some say it works fantastic, some say it doesn't. Only one way to find out I suppose!

I'm pretty sure that's not the case FC. I think all kratom strains have the ability to be stimulating, but the reds contain more mitragynine, so they have more of the opioid effects.
I might be wrong about that, but I definitely preferred the darker strains when I used it, as they seemed to be more euphoric.
I've been thinking about experimenting with kratom again, as I've read mixed reports about it working when on methadone. Some say it works fantastic, some say it doesn't. Only one way to find out I suppose!

If you do, I'd advise against importing any from abroad. There's only one UK vendor left

Thanks. I'll do a bit of research and see whether or not it's worth bothering with when on the jollop!

I have been wondering about methadone and kratom also. If you do try it be sure to post your happenings.. 😁

THat comment about all kratom being the same is definitely not true. Only very poor kratom is going to be all the same. Either than or it didnt work very well for that user.

I don't agree with the other parts of what you're calling 'conventional wisdom' so far either. It certainly doesnt work that way for me. Anything over 5g from this new supplier is way too stimulating (it was 10g from the previous supplier) whole body discomfort and tremors etc. The higher the dose, the worse this gets. No way are higher doses more sedating. I guess it depends on the range of dose sizes though whcih im still experimenting with. If we're talking red strains, I'd have to try all the dose ranges between 1-5g from this supllier. THat might make some difference in that case along the lines of your conventional wisdom. But some of the red strains are energising w/e the dose.

THe thing is, individual brain chemistry varies so much.

Sticking to sub 5g doses, and I think the following is the 'conventional wisdom' that I've read and agree with, it's certainly how the different kratoms from this supplier affect me- the whites are the most energising, the greens still are but they are a bit more mellow too. Even the reds are stimulating, but are the most chilled. From this supplier.

From the NL supplier the sense of peace and calm from the reds was phenomenal. The greens were energising and euphoric. THe whites were pretty weak. With the new supplier the reds and greens dont come close on the whole. They do energise though, and mixing strains and finding the sweet spots is proving fruitful. The whites are different on the new site. Less euphoric, but more stimulating. They are stronger.

Last edited:
THis matches my experience too, from all the decent to half decent kratom ive obtained that was active in any way, and not just inactive bunk. THere's a fair bit of that around.

What your talking about is very good kratom. THe reds were awesome, so chilled and they made music sound so warm. The greens were great too though, a powerful mood and energy uplift, and they made music sound so intense. Although individual brain chemistry varies, the kratom from this new supplier lacks euphoria and musical enhancement for me. THe mood lift is very mild and that could be due to having more energy and getting more done. It's all very energising. ON one occasion I have enjoyed musical enhancement by mixing a coule of strains, but the music might have sounded better because I was feeling good. THat sometimes happens too. I will keep on experimenting.

It's all subjective so I know you're right - there's no one-size-fits all Kratom guide, but what do you think about the info on this page?:

They claim that at the 7g mark kratom does a 'flip' from stimulation to sedation, but obviously it will vary with each individual.

There used to be a good forum called thekratomforum.com which I used to post on loads but it appears to have disappeared or got shut down. Those were in the good old days when we were spoiled for choice with vendors

It's all subjective so I know you're right - there's no one-size-fits all Kratom guide, but what do you think about the info on this page?:

They claim that at the 7g mark kratom does a 'flip' from stimulation to sedation, but obviously it will vary with each individual.
That's not how it affects me. I've seen a few guides saying that sort of thing, but that isn't my experience. One of the first guides I saw was along the lines of reds = chilled, whites = stimmy, and greens are usually a nice halfway point, although usually they are on the functional and useful side.

I see that as a much more useful guide. At least in my experience.

LIke you say, it will vary across individuals.

The green Cambodia and Sumatra strains have a really nice mix of energy and chill plus a subtle mood uplift. I might be able to reduce my benzo consumption whilst using those strains which would be a bonus if I could do that.

I just added some pregabalin and red bali into the mix this evening to see how that goes (pretty nice so far) and will top off with wine during my evening meal and whisky afterwards.

Hopefully I'll be able to stay awake long enough to watch the last 2 episodes of Season 4 of Stranger Things.

I've found it the slowest season by far so far. It took ages to get going, with only really the Jim Hopper storyline being of much interest so far until we found out more about 001 in the previous episode and it's all building up nicely now.

Is anyone else watching it?