• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc going to a therapist for medicine.

imajoker

Greenlighter
a lot of people on forums say "i wanted this medicine, but my doctor insisted i take blah blah blah" and it depresses me. i would like to inform everyone, that if you actually have a discussion with your doctor, or switch (i personally signed a legal document stating that if i didnt like my doctor, i could switch, and i did) and you can get ANY medicine you want, if you know what your talking about. i thought id never switch from adderall to dexedrine or to desoxyn, and with the right wording (not tricking or lieing to your doctor, if your reasonable) itll work out. i dont know if people who take ssris or things like that will appreciate this medicine (i cant find one id want..) hope this helps people, doctors are PAID to WORK WITH YOU. if they UNDERMINE what YOU think about YOUR mind, thats not appropriate.

doctors are PAID to WORK WITH YOU. if they UNDERMINE what YOU think about YOUR mind, thats not appropriate.

that may be so, but at the same time doctors are not meant to be a rubber stamp on people's self-diagnoses. That is to say, there's a deeper reason that most doctors aren't "Doctor Feel Good"... just because you feel pissed off because you can't get whatever meds at the drop of a hat, isn't a sign your doctor is evil. He or she may actually be looking out for you down the road.

Drs have a responsibility to treat health problems. I don't think living outside the grasps of permanent euphoria is neccesarily a health issue.

I really want a script for Viloxazine for my depression. Unfortunatelyy gp and psych doctor are unwilling to do so because of not knowing about it.
I really do believe it would benefit me greatly. I used to take roboxetine and that really helped, I had to stop due to bowel issues.
Could anyone give me some advice on how to convince them to at least give it a trial?
I can purchase them myself through a vendor but I couldn't afford to pay for them long term so I need them prescribed on the nhs. (By the way I assure you I'm not after abusing them.)

Most doctors are very "by the book" You can get whatever you want if you study the same literature they do. I didn't lie or anything but I predicted without fail everything my doctors prescribed me. I could use this to my advantage if I had a knack for b.s.ing sadly I am extremely honest, to a fault.

That said it's more trouble than it's worth. You have to invest months if not years into it.

I've been with the same doctor for three years. I think his issue is down to how uncommon it is in England. Also I think my history of response to meds previous factors in. They've either sent me manic (ssri/snri), oversleeping and way over eating (mirtazapine/olanzapine/amitryptaline) or caused horrible bowel issues (roboxetine).
I truly think viloxazine is the answer. It would boost my motivation thus reduce depression and anxiety (via confidence increase etc).

Viloxazine was withdrawn from the European market about 10 years ago... are you sure you don't mean Vilazodone ("Viibryd")? I'm not sure if Viibryd is officially available in the UK - Vortioxetine ("Brintellix") probably is though, and should produce pretty much the same effect.

uh, this may be true, but is this really news to anyone? I have a legit Desoxyn Rx, I didn't have to "fight for it", and my doctors are legit.

Also, everyone has the legal right to switch doctors at their request, you do not need any form of legal documentation to invoke this right...

The second I lose trust in a doctor, they're shitcanned. I'll be damned if I'm going to financially support someone (or the corporation they all work for) if the doctor clearly doesn't understand or respect me.

Viloxazine was withdrawn from the European market about 10 years ago... are you sure you don't mean Vilazodone ("Viibryd")? I'm not sure if Viibryd is officially available in the UK - Vortioxetine ("Brintellix") probably is though, and should produce pretty much the same effect.
Now I didn't know that. The information I read stated it was prescribed in the UK. I believe I briefly touched on Vortioxetine but can't remember much about it. Definitely going to give it a read up on.
Thank you for that bit of information.

Now I didn't know that. The information I read stated it was prescribed in the UK. I believe I briefly touched on Vortioxetine but can't remember much about it. Definitely going to give it a read up on.
Thank you for that bit of information.

If you're looking for a noradrenergic antidepressant, you might also want to check out Milnacipran (sold under the name "Ixel" in several European countries), which is an SNRI that primarily acts on noradrenaline (as opposed to the other SNRIs which are mostly serotonergic) - although it seems to produce side-effects similar to Reboxetine, such as blue balls. Then there's Strattera, another selective NARI that is prescribed for ADHD but could probably be used off-label for depression.

If you're looking for a noradrenergic antidepressant, you might also want to check out Milnacipran (sold under the name "Ixel" in several European countries), which is an SNRI that primarily acts on noradrenaline (as opposed to the other SNRIs which are mostly serotonergic) - although it seems to produce side-effects similar to Reboxetine, such as blue balls. Then there's Strattera, another selective NARI that is prescribed for ADHD but could probably be used off-label for depression.

Thanks a million times again for the help. Hopefully my GP will actually give the list I have compiled of treatment options.

This just simply is not true. My Doc has only been prescribing me 15mg of xanax a month, and overprescribing me Mirtrazapine and Gabapentin, even when I complain of side effects (which are actually happening to me), at the same time praising how well the xanax works for me (not in like a drugged out way like omg i love xannies bro, but just that it stops my panic attacks). And she's saying that she's gonna take me off of it completely, and now in turn she's UPPED the dosage of mirtrazapine even when I complain that it gives me diarhea, makes me too tired and convulsions in the night, and low sex drive....

Also I complain every time about lack of focus and she refuses to Rx me any stimulants and even went as far as to prescribe gabapentin for focus -_-

So don't tell me that any doctor will just hand over whatever you want them to, it just simply isn't true. Your doctor is probably more easy going and sympathetic toward your opinion of how the drugs feel to you, not every doctor is.