• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Going cold turkey off of fentanyl.

Clevus

Greenlighter
So I made this account because I recently started a cold turkey withdrawal from those fentanyl pills the cartels have been selling that look like blues. They even have the 30 and the M. But they are not oxys. I found a dude selling them about 2 yrs ago and he always has them. Was on oxy and morphine for about 5 yrs. Doing like 60mgs of morphine with about 150 to 200mgs of oxy every day. Then I found the fentanyl pills. Idk what strength they are but I was taking about 12 to 15 everyday by the end.

I finally realized I was going to die soon because I was to the point where it was making me sick to just to take enough to kick the withdrawal.

Wanted to quit but couldn't afford rehab plus I wanted to beat it myself.

Came here to find an uplifting story about someone who has quit. Didn't find any. So I decided to be that guy. I quit cold turkey 11am on Wed August 19th 2020. Its been 8 days now. But I beat the hard withdrawals in about 4 days. I didn't sleep 1 hr in all those days. Never took any other drugs except some weed. Finally slept for about 2 hrs on the 4th night and woke up panicking. That was the hardest point. Said fuck it and laid there dying with my body feeling like it was turning itself inside out. That all stopped at about 5 or 6 days. Last two days I can sleep and I feel like 8 dudes kicked the shit out of my whole body. Thats where I am now. 8 days later I am out of withdrawal but still very tired and sore especially my back and legs. But I don't want any pills. I'll update you guys in the future. Good luck guys it is possible, just really really horrible but if you can lock your mind in on the task and just bear through it, it goes away and you just feel normal one morning albeit sore and dehydrated. Only takes a couple of really bad days and its done. I think everyone can do it!

I meant specifically for those fentanyl pills. I could find oxy morphine etc. And I've withdrawn those before and it sucks but it was nothing compared to those fucking things lol.

Another day gone and today I feel 3x better than I have yet. Leg pain is gone, just feel really lazy and unmotivated at periods throughout the day. But if I shift my attention to something for a cpl mins I'm good.

It is but it's very risky. Get your hand on subutex/buprenorphine or suboxone since it's easier to taper. Good luck, brave from you but risky. And last but not least -- gaba, magnesium and kratom. Drink plenty of water, eat healthy.

I meant specifically for those fentanyl pills. I could find oxy morphine etc. And I've withdrawn those before and it sucks but it was nothing compared to those fucking things lol.

Well I don't really know what you want people to say.

I was on those same blue m30 fent presses for awhile. The withdrawals were fucking horrible. It took well over 2 weeks to start to feel better.... but I did get thru it.

I basically just locked myself in my room for 2 weeks and layed in bed in agony just wishing I could sleep it off... I wasn't taking care of myself, eating or taking vitamins. I didn't exercise at all until about 10 days in.

Good luck man don't forget your loperamide and kratom

Well, even though you know they aren’t real pills, you still never know what exactly IS in them. And if someone who had the fake pills, had the same exact fake pills you had.
Besides all of that, people feel different WD symptoms. But it all boils down to one common fact. Opiate WD sucks. And that’s A LOT of will power to attempt cold turkey. Good luck. Everyday that passes, is another day closer to feeling better.

The longest I've gone without oxy is 10 days, after all the physical symptoms have gone the mental cravings lingered on for a bit with a bit of depression thrown in as well, I think thats called Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS).

Tomorrow is two weeks. Still tired but thats it. Haven't taken shit. I see no point in tapering down. The withdrawals are pretty much done. The more shit you take the longer your horrible experience is. I'm done with opiates so no point in prolonging the shitty feeling. I get cravings but my disgust with the lifestyle is greater. Incomparable even. I just do shit around the house or play with my kids when I get feeling bad and it passes in a cpl mins. I feel pretty much normal, everyone I know who has successfully quit for years now has said the same thing 6 weeks and you wake up one day and just feel like a normal person again. So that's my next milestone. See you there.

Amazing story, I definitely have been through it myself and I know the insane amount of will power, determination, and an ability to endure the torture which seems like eternity. Seriously though, you're doing amazing, keep up the good work - healthy diet, hydration and exercise make things really speed up at this point as well.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to updates.