Going Clean!

GarageFlower

Bluelighter
Like alot of 'addicts' I didn't notice it creeping up on me, not that I was naive, or maybe I was...fuck knows, still...Think it's about time I hit the detox...

I have an Oxycodone habit of around 110mg/day and sometimes a couple of bags of Heroin at night (smoked) too.

I'm really starting to feel shit in a morning when I wake now though (often after not much sleep)

Pains in my legs and shoulders, shortness of breath, horrible dreams...it's really unpleasant at the minute, that's what drives me to get up and take at least 60mg of Oxy to alleviate the WD's then I feel, well, better. However I know I can't continue like this, I know when I get up and can't get hold of my Oxy then I feel like total shit and I really don't want to have to depend on that to be able to function in a morning.

I can get Gabapentin and I've heard it's useful in combating opiate WD's, how much is seen as an effective dose to help? Best taken at morning when my symptoms are worst or before bed?

If I do use again I'll probs just try and limit it to 2 days a week, I use them on a weekend to comedown from stims but the problems started when I started using Oxy daily and Heroin probable every other day.

Is Oxycodone just as bad to come off as Heroin? I feel as I'm coming off them both at the minute.

I've had 50mg Oxycodone today just to ease the WD's I was feeling this morning, Is it better to taper with the Oxy (if so, how much) or to use something different all together?

Peace and Love BL'ers.

Hey good idea in quitting man, I hope the best for you. I'm on day 29 right now, and before I tell you what I did I just wanted to let you know how truly magnificent it is being sober. Never chasing or worry about getting your shit to make it through the day. It's really something else when you start to get those normal bouts of happiness again, and it does happen I assure you.

As for me I was the same way, opanas and h, switching between either depending on whether I had 70-200 bucks to waste. What I did was get 5 subs I tapered through 3 weeks. Never wanted to go past 21 days on subs idk why, maybe cause it takes 21 says straight to create a habit so I've heard. Went with 2-4mgs a day for a week and a half. 2mg a day for like half a week, 1mg for 3 days and .5 for 3 days then .25 for my last day. Idk if it's any good but it got me straight. Still felt withdrawals for a week I'd say then kinda got depressed. But not nearly as bad as most say, everyone's different but I was so hell bent in gettin clean it was exciting for me. I rationalized my sadness or anger, everyone gets sad and everyone gets angry its human emotion. I never put it as depression because quitting opiates, that would only make me think opiates are the cure. I just thought shit people get sad, people get angry, and so do I, so deal with your feelings and they pass. Don't dwell on time lost or money wasted as a negative, either use it as motivation for change, or leave it out of your mind. Don't stress over things that can't be changed. I always though about what I didn't have, what I should have, and what I'll get as my motivation for getting sober. Just something that helped me get clean.