• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Glue bowl ... Before broken?

lookyboop

Bluelighter
My brother and his friend had an idea to glue a bowl (specifically the bong slides that are shaped like a funnel) right where it would normally break, so that way the glue would work as reinforcement. I thought this was an awesome idea because whenever I get one of those bowls stock on a bong I have to baby it because I'm always afraid it's going to break. My question is what glue would be best. They used gorilla glue because I guess it works well in heat. What do you think?

Another problem is appearance, like I said they used gorilla glue which drys very ugly. I decided to help them out by giving them the idea to use black (or whatever color) nail polish over it. What do you guys thinks about that?

As long as you don't accidentaly heat the glue somehow and inhale the fumes use whatever glue suits the material. I have glued a bong back together myself after it broke, I think I used super-glue and it sucked. Bought a new one a few days later anyway.

I've contemplated gluing my broken bowls before...but I'd honestly suggest to just get a new pipe. I'd be too nervous about accidentally inhaling fumes from the glue :\

I'm the type of stoner that gets too high and can't figure out what part of the bowl to light. I'd definitely get gorilla glue in my lungs...

Just buy a new bowl! You'll be glad you did.

OP, don't use glue. Just be careful man. That definitely has the possibility of heating up the glue and releasing molecules, seeing as how the glass can get hot. I wouldn't.

you should use nail polish on your buds, it gets you higher.

Although you were joking, not everyone can read your sarcasm, so please don't be a dick.

My brother and his friend had an idea to glue a bowl (specifically the bong slides that are shaped like a funnel) right where it would normally break, so that way the glue would work as reinforcement. I thought this was an awesome idea because whenever I get one of those bowls stock on a bong I have to baby it because I'm always afraid it's going to break. My question is what glue would be best. They used gorilla glue because I guess it works well in heat. What do you think?

Another problem is appearance, like I said they used gorilla glue which drys very ugly. I decided to help them out by giving them the idea to use black (or whatever color) nail polish over it. What do you guys thinks about that?

That sounds like a terrible idea. First of all, no foreign chemicals should be introduced to a smoking device. If so, I'd suggest that it becomes only unusable art. As far as glueing a slide into a bong? That's crazy talk man. What's the difference between getting a slide stuck in a bong or gluing it? You can't remove it either way, but it being glued means that you REALLY can't remove it. Lastly, what happens when your slide breaks for reasons other than man-handling a piece of glass. Then you've got a broken slide stuck in your bong that you can't remove. Even if you could somehow manage to break the slide in the bong, you're going to have a mess of gunk where your slide goes. The last part sounds impossible for someone who is obviously already breaking all kinds of glass if it's to this point. Been a smoker for years, I've only broke one piece and it was my girls bowl while I was scraping it clean. It was trash quality anyways.

That sounds like a terrible idea. First of all, no foreign chemicals should be introduced to a smoking device. If so, I'd suggest that it becomes only unusable art. As far as glueing a slide into a bong? That's crazy talk man. What's the difference between getting a slide stuck in a bong or gluing it? You can't remove it either way, but it being glued means that you REALLY can't remove it. Lastly, what happens when your slide breaks for reasons other than man-handling a piece of glass. Then you've got a broken slide stuck in your bong that you can't remove. Even if you could somehow manage to break the slide in the bong, you're going to have a mess of gunk where your slide goes. The last part sounds impossible for someone who is obviously already breaking all kinds of glass if it's to this point. Been a smoker for years, I've only broke one piece and it was my girls bowl while I was scraping it clean. It was trash quality anyways.

Not gluing the slide to the bong, but putting a layer of glue around the slide and letting it dry so as to reinforce the strength (tensile strength? shatter resistance? idk, I'm high) of the glass. Once dried, then the slide would be used in the bong.

No gluing to the bong, but it's still a pretty sketch idea.

I would suggest being careful, but hey, we're all weedheads here so yeah, that's probably not the most applicable advice. Maybe the OP should invest in a smaller piece with a fixed bowlpiece? It really boils down to preference but I've gotta say I've always preferred a nice, fist-sized bubbler to any kind of monster bong.