• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Girl, 3, eats mother's LSD sugar-cube.

malakaix

Bluelighter
A THREE-year-old who ate an LSD-laced sugar cube from her mother's kitchen thought she was "on fire" and would die.

The girl, from Coombabah on the Gold Coast, was rushed to hospital suffering hallucinations, anxiety and convulsions in November, 2011.

She initially told her mother she was feeling "big and small" but later at the hospital police overheard the girl begging for help to stop the burning sensation and save her from dying.

Court documents revealed the child was heard saying "Mummy, I'm hot. I'm on fire. Help me, mummy" and "I'm going to die".

The girl was sedated and later made a full recovery.

A police search of the house revealed clip-seal plastic bags with crystal residue inside.

Yesterday, the child's 25-year-old mother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty in the Southport District Court to child cruelty.

She was sentenced to a nine-month intensive corrections order, effectively a jail sentence served in the community.

Crown prosecutor Nick McGhee said leaving drugs where children could find them was a criminally negligent act.

Barrister Stephan McMurray said the mother had been tortured by guilt since the incident and was now only allowed hour-long access visits to her child every fortnight.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/tot-3-ate-mothers-lsd-sugar/story-e6frg6n6-1226612826598

I remember hearing about that story when it happened in 2011. Lucky the kid was ok, what an irresponsible mum. Accidents happen tho, but you have to be mighty careful with real young ones.

Last edited:
Crown prosecutor Nick McGhee said leaving drugs where children could find them was a criminally negligent act.
Fair enough. Criminally stupid, at the least.

Barrister Stephan McMurray said the mother had been tortured by guilt since the incident and was now only allowed hour-long access visits to her child every fortnight.
Tortured by guilt = good. She should be.
Only allowed to see her daughter twice a month = bad for everyone. She should get a second chance. She made a bad mistake, but she sounds like a reasonable parent who simply made a stupid mistake.

i guess the kid was lucky in getting LSD over an nbome or dox. Still extremely dumb on the mother's part. I don't have any kids but i still label my shit and keep it tucked away so that no one can access it. With extremely potent drugs, this is essential even for my own safety.

It's sad that this mistake has probably made the life of the child worse. She should've taken more care, obviously, in hindsight. Who knows the story though, maybe she went to the toilet and left her vulnerable child alone for only a minute with what she was planning to use herself up high on a table for when she returned. These details are never known, and they make all the difference. It could have been a sugar cube in reach of the child, it may have been there for a year in the same spot. Who knows?

I know that the child is not benefitting by the mother being locked up, quite the contrary.

Anyone who has been around a 3 year old knows that they get into everything. It was just unfortunate that it was her mums stash. I doubt it was negligent in any way other than not locking it away in a child proof spot.

Anyone who has been around a 3 year old knows that they get into everything. It was just unfortunate that it was her mums stash. I doubt it was negligent in any way other than not locking it away in a child proof spot.

It is true that 3-year olds get into everything.
But not locking it up is - exactly - negligent. That was her mistake.
Because 3-year-olds do get into everything, she should have known this.

Like guns, drugs should be kept locked away out of children's reach. This is a good reminder for anyone who may have kids (or pets for that matter) who could get into their stash. Poor baby :(