• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

GHB : The Party Drug Killing Ravers

I wouldn't call MDMA -- MDMA anymore, they're called Stims. I mean GHB melts plastic, it's known as the rape drug. I don't like Vice that much either but they're not fake, they really have some good documentaries. But GHB it's similar to fentanyl, in my eyes at least.

I mean GHB melts plastic,

Sodium GHB is actually quite safe, it's neither corrosive nor super reactive/hazardous (beyond its actioin as a drug).
Butanediol is greasy but too polar to damage plastics.
gamma-butyrolactone might be incompatible with some plastics though. It's the nastiest of the three and deserves to be converted to Na-GHB.

I wouldn't call MDMA -- MDMA anymore, they're called Stims.
MDMA is still MDMA. It's around.

But GHB it's similar to fentanyl

GHB is actually very safe on its own, now that I think about it. Waaaay safer than opioids.

My good friend messed up a 1,4-BDO dose (redosed too early) and ended up in a "G-hole" (?) - which basically is a temporary coma state, you're unresponsive and unrousable but breathing, lasts an hour or two max.
Unfortunately, he didn't exactly advertise he was taking GHB. He is knocked out on his bed, his ma comes looking for him, finds him unresponsive. His poor mother didn't know any better and figured he'd OD'd on fentanyl... called 911. Paramedics show, do the usual opioid response, turns out that naloxone does dick all for GHB...

The unfortunate thing is, recovery from said "G-hole" is gradual... so he went from totally unresponsive, to just concious enough to realize his massive discomfort (opioid dependent, so naloxone = 30 minutes of agony), and half-concious start writhing and grumbling in pain. The EMTs interpret this as delerium/agitation and follow the protocol - administer lorazepam IV, boot to the chest, put 'em in restraints.

Eventually the GHB clears out and he finds himself in a hospital bed asking who gave him so much damn Ativan. As an ex-benzo abuser he was certain that someone had given him a little too much lorazepam as he was double-visioned and slurring his words...

All in all it was not too crazy. He never disclosed he was on GHB either so I guess they wrote it off as a very strange dope OD.

With fentanyl you don't get so lucky.

I don't like Vice that much either
ever since Disney bought them out... they've lost a bit of luster
Still looking forwards to S3 of hammiltons show

Last edited:
Not going to blame GHB itself, but rather the twats misusing it, buuuut, G was a massive problem around here about 5 years ago at certain music festivals.

Basically, 90% of hospitalisations were G overdoses.....and there was a spike of emergency calls, all due to G abuse.

Not sure anyone died though.

I used to drink gbl with orange juice (only thing that made it taste somewhat ok). That stuff is corrosive to plastic 😐 never tried or got to try actual ghb. Would have loved to covert it tho i was lazy and quite frankly stupid.. its a great feeling if done right. But the dose response curve from pissed to out like a light is really close. Its amazing stuff though if done right (i assumed gbl converted to ghb in the stomach right?)

Sodium GHB is actually quite safe, it's neither corrosive nor super reactive/hazardous (beyond its actioin as a drug).
Butanediol is greasy but too polar to damage plastics.
gamma-butyrolactone might be incompatible with some plastics though. It's the nastiest of the three and deserves to be converted to Na-GHB.

MDMA is still MDMA. It's around.

GHB is actually very safe on its own, now that I think about it. Waaaay safer than opioids.

My good friend messed up a 1,4-BDO dose (redosed too early) and ended up in a "G-hole" (?) - which basically is a temporary coma state, you're unresponsive and unrousable but breathing, lasts an hour or two max.
Unfortunately, he didn't exactly advertise he was taking GHB. He is knocked out on his bed, his ma comes looking for him, finds him unresponsive. His poor mother didn't know any better and figured he'd OD'd on fentanyl... called 911. Paramedics show, do the usual opioid response, turns out that naloxone does dick all for GHB...

The unfortunate thing is, recovery from said "G-hole" is gradual... so he went from totally unresponsive, to just concious enough to realize his massive discomfort (opioid dependent, so naloxone = 30 minutes of agony), and half-concious start writhing and grumbling in pain. The EMTs interpret this as delerium/agitation and follow the protocol - administer lorazepam IV, boot to the chest, put 'em in restraints.

Eventually the GHB clears out and he finds himself in a hospital bed asking who gave him so much damn Ativan. As an ex-benzo abuser he was certain that someone had given him a little too much lorazepam as he was double-visioned and slurring his words...

All in all it was not too crazy. He never disclosed he was on GHB either so I guess they wrote it off as a very strange dope OD.

With fentanyl you don't get so lucky.

ever since Disney bought them out... they've lost a bit of luster
Still looking forwards to S3 of hammiltons show

I got a question for you you seem pretty knowledgeable of G. I absolutely love the stuff but for some reason when I use it frequently (daily) I get terrible pains / sores in my mouth and I can tell the same is happening to my throat.

I know GHB is incredibly acidic, but would pure GHB cause acid burns like this? Or just GBL? Both times I've gotten G it has caused this extreme side effect to the point I have to stop taking it. It almost looks like cancer sores and burns all in my mouth after say 7 days of continuous use. It's very odd.

I got a question for you you seem pretty knowledgeable of G. I absolutely love the stuff but for some reason when I use it frequently (daily) I get terrible pains / sores in my mouth and I can tell the same is happening to my throat.

I know GHB is incredibly acidic, but would pure GHB cause acid burns like this? Or just GBL? Both times I've gotten G it has caused this extreme side effect to the point I have to stop taking it. It almost looks like cancer sores and burns all in my mouth after say 7 days of continuous use. It's very odd.
If u are getting bad reactions u should stop using it altogether. Don't wait until u get a bad stomach ulcer.

I wouldn't call MDMA -- MDMA anymore, they're called Stims. I mean GHB melts plastic, it's known as the rape drug. I don't like Vice that much either but they're not fake, they really have some good documentaries. But GHB it's similar to fentanyl, in my eyes at least.
i concur witih you, GHB is like the fentanyl of alcohol derivatives.