GHB as a perfomance enhancer?

They’re not even close...meth is the most or one of most potent stimulants out there and will keep you up for days...GHB is a CNS depressant and lasts for 2-3 hours. Not to mention it acts on entirely different receptors with mechanisms that are 180 degrees apart. Not to mention GHB is very, very low on the addiction scale whereas meth is very high.

It’s like comparing xanax to cocaine lol. Not even remotely similar. You sure you’re actually using GHB?

If I answer this, I think I do. Listen, I am no drug scientist I know my shit that's all but I saw too many videos on YouTube stating this.

Then you go on labels, where you see that GHB it's fav rape drug. I am sorry if you thought otherwise but that's that. Truth hurts as sniper deer kill.

Why not? I think the bromo was to help the growth hormone part of the gbl I can't remember tbh I did't find the thread. I never did it in the end anyway

Because it’s a dopamine agonist and the risk of DAWS or other side effects are nowhere near worth a minuscule amount of performance enhancement when there are alternatives that are significantly better

If I answer this, I think I do. Listen, I am no drug scientist I know my shit that's all but I saw too many videos on YouTube stating this.

Then you go on labels, where you see that GHB it's fav rape drug. I am sorry if you thought otherwise but that's that. Truth hurts as sniper deer kill.

So GHB can be used as a date rape drug and you’re getting your information from YouTube lol...so? Everyone knows this and plenty of other drugs can be used as date rape drugs as well.

it’s effects are mild and mimic alcohol at normal recreational doses. Wears off quick and no hangover. Really great for a night out but it seems like you’ve never used it.

That said, meth can not be used as a date rape drug so I’m still missing your comparison.

I’ve got 500ml right now and at any dose from 1-4ml it’s acted as a sedative on me and anyone else that’s ever taken it...probably a dozen people. Just the mech and the fact it’s a CNS depressant doesnt lend much to stimulant effects

GHB has both a stimulatory action and a sedative action, which can be partly explained by its high affinity to GHB receptors and low affinity to GABA-B receptors. It is an agonist at the excitatory G protein-coupled GBH receptor that is widely distributed throughout the brain, with highest receptor density found in the cortex, the hippocampus, the olfactory tracts, and the cerebellum.

At lower doses (i.e., during recreational use), GHB activates GHB receptors and potentiates dopamine release, accounting for the euphoria and nausea that are common at low doses. At high dose, GHB has a modulatory function at the GABA-B receptor (Koek, Mercer, Coop, & France, 2009) leading to reduced dopamine levels and central nervous system (CNS) depression.

Personally I don't see any use for it. If you're using it for a performance edge, I feel you're just lying to yourself and wanting to use it to get high.

Personally I don't see any use for it. If you're using it for a performance edge, I feel you're just lying to yourself and wanting to use it to get high.

Its an excellent synergist when combined with other drugs..

Interesting thread... I would think that GHB if you are ultra-strict with dosing COULD potentially be performance enhancing... I mean, it is on the face of it a fairly "clean" GABAergic compared to many others, although it's for sure not the safest, and the GABA/HGH-secretion-enhancement connection has been a topic of some debate for a while (although I can't remember any conclusions, someone correct me if this has been debunked or something).

I haven't used GHB but I have and do use phenibut as a performance enhancer. I think that for most people though, the recreational effects of these substances will quickly trick you into using more often than you should, dosing higher than you should, with the excuse that it's for "performance" rather than just a nice feeling or to counteract some bad feelings that are an inevitable part of being alive.

I think there is a kind of honeymoon period with these substances, at least there was for me. Back when I used to practice sports sometimes initially I was amazed at how well a low dose of phenibut, like 500mg, would affect my performance. The effects of this and probably other classically anxiolytic substances I would think is enhanced in people with a more anxious baseline, as, in such people, the psychological barrier to push oneself for one more rep or one more training session or one more whatever will be higher than in someone who by accident or design has manged to cultivate a high level of intrinsic motivation and a lower level of self-doubt - both of which will be performance enhancing traits in themselves (and this will be true for all classically anxiolytic recreational substances, not just GABAergics).

After a while though, in retrospect, I think that my use of phenibut probably affected my ability to build this aforementioned intrinsic motivation and it quickly became a crutch in other areas, and also kind of plateaued my abilities somewhat in certain areas - all GABAergics impair learning, to some extent, so while I might have been able to push further, and get fitter in a fairly one-dimensional sense, I wasn't learning or improving in less obvious areas like technique and the ability to listen to my body, tending to lead to cycles of overtraining/burnout/rinse/dose/repeat and just making the same training mistakes over and over.

Really, having said all that and thought about it while I was typing, I think there is no reason to use GHB, it's possible it might have some short term benefit but it requires an iron discipline, and an ability to resist the gradual erosion of this same discipline that will be unavoidably happening every time you dose - and this goes for many potentially performance enhancing substances that are also recreational. Given the steep dose response curve, high addictivity, and relative danger compared to the myriad of other options available - again, I just think there's no reason to use GHB as a performance enhancer and many reasons not to. But if you do, obviously goes without saying but, tread very very carefully, make a dosing plan and stick to it, and if you can't, probably abort mission. :cautious:

I've used small amounts of GBL (like 0.15-0.3ml) with my GH secretagogues and a few other boosting supps when training especially hard. For me it caused a pretty dramatic spike in GH release compared to just using GHRPs alone (according to blood serum testing).

Its an excellent synergist when combined with other drugs..
I just don't feel the benefits outweigh the risks. Having used actual growth hormone and feeling let down by its effects, I just don't see how this could be of any benefit unless you're really pushing for that extra edge which 99.9% of people will never need.

I just don't feel the benefits outweigh the risks. Having used actual growth hormone and feeling let down by its effects, I just don't see how this could be of any benefit unless you're really pushing for that extra edge which 99.9% of people will never need.

I meant whilst clubbing. not in a gym..