• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting very easily irritated and angry when on opiates?

For sure. I actually enjoy waiting as long as I can even until I'm in withdrawal if possible to dose recreationally.

Kinda funny seems the same with IV use of drugs as well. I'd usually try and get it into my viens as soon as possible but i do remember times where i wasnt sick and would wait and wait and wait because once i shot it, id get my rush then wasnt high anymore just right, and i built it all up with thinking about it. Also i find it kinda coincidental that people get the same thing like IV people get for the needle with the straw or inticipation i guess. My brother would sit there after doing a shot and draw blood in and push draw and push like a dumbass after doing shots. I guess for someone snorting it the inticipation(spelling?) is basically the same just different because of MOA. I've heard stories from older people i know, that i used to do drugs with of them still missing the needle itself or missing the act of snorting something. Weird how all that comes into play in addiction. It isnt just the drug itself it's ritual. I guess that's why longer term rehabs of atleast 30 days or more help people because of breaking the ritual and starting a new one.

Just figured id throw it in there, be safe people,
-B

inticipation

So close. Anticipation*

Yeah IMO 30 days is not enough to get clean, at least, for me, I know it wouldn't work. Probably minimum 90 days and then a halfway house. Definitely could not afford that.

haha ballbreaker. Funny i actually thought that was how i should have put it, but for some reason when i typed it and looked at it, it didn't look right. Then when i see it type on the forum it looks fine. I dont know i might just be stupid anymore. Yeah i hear you, so far it's worked out for me ( a 6 day detox then 30 days of rehab) but something was different this time i had no plan of staying clean i said fuck it i'll go shut people up and lower my tolorance. Some reason about 10 days in i just felt a change. I guess for some people that change may take more time. My brother spent 90days at a place and then a half a year in a halfway house in pittsburg and we're from philly so it was like purposly out of philadelphia. To each their own whatever gets ya there.

Atleast i know how to spell it for future reference, not that i spell very well anyway but it's a help, Be safe,
-B

I would ALWAYS get VERY anxious and easily irritated when I did dope. I've never really tried any other opiates or opiods, so I cannot make a comment my anxiety levels while on other opiates or opiods. Anyways, whenever I did a nice shot of dope, I would be totally fine if I was ALONE, but most of the time I was not alone, and I would get very easily agitated and yell and scream at people for basically no reason. I honestly think, in my case, it was simply my body and mind being pissed off because I wasn't being allowed to enjoy a good nod.

You Too. Currently im seeing the benzo's im rx'ed for anxiedy which i do have really bad, slowly becoming a problem. I notice i literly will wake up exactly at 6am even if i fall asleep at 530am because i usually take my first dose of benzos at 6am. Time to talk to the Addiction therapist i guess :(.

Been great up til the last couple weeks, almost 2 years. Be safe.

Forgot to say, they actually got me scared to be honest about it because i get them through my suboxone dr. I feel affraid to say i see them possibly becoming a problem because they may just straight up cut it and then id really be fucked. No way i'd try and stick out a benzo wd. It'd hit the streets for Kpins and it'd be game over again in a few weeks. Shitty spot huh?

Yep, benzos became a problem for me too, I stopped dosing them regularly about a year ago, and have made tremendous progress with learning to cope with anxiety and actually learning how to deal with situations when normally before I would just pop a xanax.

I hear ya guys, I just got into a huge fight with my mom.

AnewKindOfArmy, you seem like a cool dude. I have been struggling with heroin addiction for such a long time now. I am also on Kpins for anxiety. I am currently in a relapse though so I dont have much to say about recovery at the moment. I just feel like a hypocrite talking recovery when I got my gear sitting next to me, sorry.

Personally, I don't get angry but if I'm buzzing from Oxy or Opana's, it seems like I get a burst of energy and all my senses are on high alert. I can really concentrate on surfing the web or watching good show on the box or even music in the car. However, I have noticed that if I'm in the car with my wife and daughter and I'm trying to listen to the radio and the two of them start yapping on and on, I do get on overload and pop a cork. I'm very laid back and amenable by nature but that stuff sets me off. Therefore, I prefer to drive alone when buzzed and I really like listening to a good book on a long drive. I can totally get into the story and time flies. I know the younger generation probably can't relate to that but try it sometimes.

Ya this is a pretty common side effect..... I too have experienced it personally can not say for sure the exact scientific cause though.

Personally, I don't get angry but if I'm buzzing from Oxy or Opana's, it seems like I get a burst of energy and all my senses are on high alert. I can really concentrate on surfing the web or watching good show on the box or even music in the car. However, I have noticed that if I'm in the car with my wife and daughter and I'm trying to listen to the radio and the two of them start yapping on and on, I do get on overload and pop a cork. I'm very laid back and amenable by nature but that stuff sets me off. Therefore, I prefer to drive alone when buzzed and I really like listening to a good book on a long drive. I can totally get into the story and time flies. I know the younger generation probably can't relate to that but try it sometimes.

Careful man... Buzzed driving is driving under the influence. I just got out of jail for a DUI for driving on the meds I'd been prescribed for a while. It's still a DUI.

Hmmmm...I still dont get it, When I was younger & used many extra benzos' along w/ brew I didnt respect anyone elses
opinion but I would just laugh & tell them to piss off...

Heroin just mellows me out and I'm not very irritable during the comedown either. Oxycodone is a different story though; coming down off that is almost infuriating in and of itself.

I am bipolar, so my mood tends to fluctuate widly a lot anyway. But on a comedown from opaites its particularly bad (to the point of raging), however, the high itself is pretty much the only releif I get from the demons in my head, lifes a bitch :(. I would pay anything for an opaite I could take everyday with no tolerance, no comedown and no withdrawl.

I noticed that I often end up in a verbal fight when talking with someone while on opiates. This is why I have made an iron rule to always use alone and not socialize when doing opiates. It's strange actually. Opiates mellow me out but in social settings I get very easily upset and become very argumentative which ruins the high. I have the desire to talk with others when on opiates but somehow it always degenerates into quarreling. What causes this paradoxical effect?