Mental Health Getting off Vraylar and Prozac

Daniellezxstyle

Greenlighter
Hello there,
I'm new here! I'm looking to hear experiences and such from people getting off of their psychiatric medications.

20 days ago, I decided I wanted to stop some of my meds which included Vraylar 4mg, Prozac 40mg, and Lamictal 200mg. I wasn't smart about it and just did cold turkey (I know). I was on them for years and I was sick of feeling dead and numb. I want to be alive. I didn't really get sick until this past week which I think is from the Vraylar because of its long half life. My psychiatrist did know i decided to get off of them.

I feel so sick, like I had the flu but I didn't at the same time. I lost 8lb, gradually losing my appetite as the days went on. Agitation sky rocketed. I was laying in bed wondering how tf I'm going to be able to work on Monday.

My psychiatrist offers walk in hours on Saturdays. We're now on a tapering schedule along with Zofran just in case I need them. I'm scared of when I stop them again at lower doses.

How did you manage getting off of them? What helped?

Thank you so much!

what’s your taper schedule look like? ive gotten off of lamotrigine and ssris including prozac with close to zero withdrawal by tapering. i was irritable for a while after getting off the ssri.

a smart taper will make a big difference.

what’s your taper schedule look like? ive gotten off of lamotrigine and ssris including prozac with close to zero withdrawal by tapering. i was irritable for a while after getting off the ssri.

a smart taper will make a big difference.
Vraylar I'm taking one 3mg every 4th day, 2 doses. Then 1.5mg every 4th day, two doses. That should help not be such a shock to my system.

Prozac i'm 10mg every other day for a week then every 3rd day for a week.

I appreciate you! I think it's the vraylar messing me up. It's a strong med.