• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting off Fentanyl

N9ne

Bluelighter
Ive been on opiates for 16 years. The WDs from these fake fent pills are some whole other shit compared to oxys, percs, and tabs. You can't just take a sub when you start to WD like you could with the older opiates. Other than cold turkey i see 2 ways to do it. I can do the Bernese method with subs or take Methadone. My question is with Methadone, which ive never done, can you take it when your on the first day of WDs from the fent? Cause with subs like i said you can't just take one the first day of WDs or itll throw you into precipitated WDs. So anybody took Methadone to get off this weird Chinese synthetic fent?

Yeah methadone is fine to take whenever, and it will also keep you feeling well and actually high, whereas suboxone will just prevent you from withdrawing when you're deeply into strong opiate addiction.

The reason suboxone causes precipitated withdrawal is because it is a partial agonist, so it doesn't fully substitute for full agonists like heroin, morphine, fent, oxy, etc. And it has an incredible strong affinity for the receptor, so it will outcompete all other opioids. So what happens is, it instantly kicks all of the other opioids out of the receptor when it gets into your system, and if you're dependent on full agonists, that causes you to immediately go into full withdrawal. Methadone, on the other hand, not only doesn't kick other opioids out, it is a very strong full agonist itself. So there is no risk of precipitated withdrawal, and it will fully substitute for any other opioid. The result is that you can feel good the very first time you take it.

In fact methadone is very pleasurable, it's probably my favorite recreational opioid. It's very strong, gets me really nicely high, and lasts a very long time so you're not constantly in a cycle of being high and then feeling like shit. It's got horrific withdrawals that last a very long time, but it is much easier to taper over a long period of time, so in that sense it can be easier to get off than fent or heroin. The main advantage is that it keeps you stable, you get it legally and don't end up spending all your money on it, or worrying about overdosing. It allows you to get back to living a stable life.

I was thinking about doing Methdone just short term cause ive heard the wd horror stories with it.

In fact methadone is very pleasurable, it's probably my favorite recreational opioid. It's very strong, gets me really nicely high, and lasts a very long time so you're not constantly in a cycle of being high and then feeling like shit.
Thanks for saying that as I use to get weird looks when I said I liked methadone as an opioid. William S Burroughs said methadone is a totally satisfying opioid for an addict. That is good enough for me! I think it really is an excellent opioid. It is the only maintenance I ever had as I am not sure bupe was available when I needed a maintenance. But I have always been irritated at bupe the way it can cause precip withdrawals. Methadone can just be taken and just add to the effect. Of course safety rules should apply as it is a strong opioid.

The folklore that surrounded methadone over the years was not fair in my opinion. Plenty of people on it for years and have their teeth and bones just fine. I know there could be a heart issue at large doses but that still is not as dangerous as gambling with fentanyl.

Bupe can cause PWD, and also being a partial agonist, it is just not satisfying to someone used to full agonists. If you're not used to them, like if you're not addicted to opiates or you're addicted to kratom or maybe codeine/etc, bupe is a very nice drug with a good, functional high. But coming off H or fent or morphine, it just doesn't satisfy.

Methadone really is lovely, it has one of the best feelings of any opioid for me, and the duration is awesome, dose once and you're feeling great for a day or more. I have never injected so for me it's my favorite. I'm sure IV H/fent/morphine is better than oral methadone.

Guess my main question and concern i wanna make sure of is will methadone put you into precipitated WDs like bupe will or can you just go in the next day after you stop fent and take the methadone for the withdrawal?

i would wait, till you think you cant take the discomfort, i went thru fent WD, w/o much of anything, no knowledge at all, but i def dont want to steer you in the wrong direction

Guess my main question and concern i wanna make sure of is will methadone put you into precipitated WDs like bupe will or can you just go in the next day after you stop fent and take the methadone for the withdrawal?
welcome to BL, great threads on this subject and advice

No it will not. Bupe does it because it has an insanely high affinity for the receptors, and easily saturates all of your receptors, so it kicks all other opioids out of everywhere, and it is only a partial agonist so when it kicks the full agonists out, you sudden;y don't have everything you need and you enter sudden, intense withdrawal.

Methadone doesn't have this same property. It doesn't kick the other opioids out, and also it's a full agonist so it will fully substitute for heroin or fentanyl or anything and you will feel well, or possibly even really good. In fact, you'd have to be careful not to take methadone when you were already really high, as you could overdose.

But no, methadone will not, and cannot, cause PWD. You can start taking it whenever and you'll be fine, as long as you wait til you're not already super high so you don't overdose.

I think methadone sucks recreationally, but it is good for withdrawal and can be an effective analgesic. But those I’ve known who have gotten off of it described a level of misery that was without parallel. So anyone using methadone take heed.

You have the means to be about as comfortable as one can be. Take as little as possible, as sparingly as possible, or follow a schedule and you’ll get through it fine.

I've switched to subs from extremely heavy fent habits and oxy habits. If you wait 24 hours it is fine but your are going to feel like shit no matter what for the first week on bupe....that's different from a full blown precipitated withdrawal.

Methadone they will ramp you up over time from a dose too low to keep you well so you will feel like shit too. If you could obtain your own large doses of methadone the switch will be painless and no waiting to WD off the fent is needed

I've switched to subs from extremely heavy fent habits and oxy habits. If you wait 24 hours it is fine but your are going to feel like shit no matter what for the first week on bupe....that's different from a full blown precipitated withdrawal.

Methadone they will ramp you up over time from a dose too low to keep you well so you will feel like shit too. If you could obtain your own large doses of methadone the switch will be painless and no waiting to WD off the fent is needed

Whats a good dose to start out with when your WDn?

Whats a good dose to start out with when your WDn?
Of methadone? They will start you at 10 mg in a clinic...so you likely won't be well from that.

I have no idea how heavy your dependency is but I would start at like 25 which I'm pretty sure still won't be enough for you. You can always take more. Titration up of the dose over the course on one day should help young figure it out. Jist be warned that methadone and bupe both take around 1.5 hrs to reach their full effect so wait at least 2 hrs before stepping up the dose increments when you get up into the 50s and 80s. You may get better....but I'm strongly recommending you don't pop 80 off the bat out of an abundance of caution.

I've never personally switched to methadone from a heavy habit (went to it from a weaker habit)..the bupe ive jumped onto from every other opioid.