• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Geographicaly different dancing styles - Part 2

yeah it sort of seems stupid if you can only do a dance when you are carrying talcum powder with you.

ahah true, if u need talc it aint a very versatile dance
i say dance for fun, not for wat it looks like or how people perceive it.
"dance like no one is watching"
!!!

Originally posted by bink-bink:

"dance like no one is watching"
!!!

Sounds good doesn't it..?? BUT, EVERYONE is watching, and by the sounds of it- taking notes too.. ehehee
OH, and try shufflin' on carpet.. Once you master that, you don't need telc..

i learnt my shuffle from de*light....
*bows to master*
Yay you rock....... but when you come back... you have to teach me so new moves ;)
but there are so many types of shuffles...........theres never only just one........

We like hardcore stomping in Brisbane (a la system) stomping and spinning.
Some people are hella dancers w/ breakdance-type moves *wishes she could dance like them*
Its nice that everyone gets space on the dance floor, the style of dancing is a lil too violent for anyone to want to bump into anyone else.
I kinda dance almost like I'm doin a workout w/ jumping kicks and spins and stuff.
But variety is the spice, its so nice to just dance and not really care that yo dancing differently (Or embarrassing-like) unlike the bars where everyones judging u....

and then you have our 'glowstickers' community of dancers, we in brisbane have THE BEST glowstickers in australia!!!! ive travelled to melb & sydney, and there is nothing!
im sure all the brissy crew will agree we rock @ glowsticking/photon'ing!
ive found NO competition!, NO equal! muwahahah

what do the photon moves consist of?? are they merely movements that look/flow well, or are they comprised of a bunch of silly eye candy "tricks" like, tossing one up in the air, and catching it behind your back :p
or turning it off and back on so it looks like its moved, cause imho ... thats beyond fuckoff gay :)
then again, thats just my opinion :p

What ever happened to the full blown stomp. I know it takes up about five times as much room as shuffling especially when spins are added but I only see a few people do it any more, me incuded.

I'm going to Sydney on thursday, and i plan to study the so called "sydney stomp" and the weird and wonderful ways of booging Sydney has to offer. Maybe i'll even bring back some interstate styles? who knows... maybe i'll just show sydney how it's done... hhmmmmmm.... this is gona be phun! :D LOOKOUT SYDNEY!!!
hehe.
:)

sydneys dancing ability has gone down the gurgler... much like its dance music scene

ooer, your trekin up to sydney.
how long you going to be up here for?
occasionally you see some people, and just think, nice... when you guys talk about all the "oldschool" dances n shit, i have nfi what your talkin about, but this guy n chick i saw were full doing mad moves, incorporating spins and what not...
looked beyond sigma :)

this is to flea.
i am not a wannabe!, my style is unique! i do NOT use silly tricks nor have gimmicks to entertain. i see ppl doing such things and look at them as 'tryhards'
my style is flowing. i have perfected my style over the past 2yrs, and have risen to be the best in qld, and possibly australia. i am not big-noting myself. but i have seen what other ppl have to offer, and it is weak!
i have been photographed, and filmed at events, by international camera-crews, which follow certain DJ's. in both brisbane and in sydney. (god knows where the footage is being used?)
i have no evidence of my skills to prove to you. BUT if u ever come to brisbane, i will demonstrate my skills @ any rave/event, anytime anywhere!
a glowstick competition would be awesome, a national one! wow that would be something id love to attend and compete!
[ 10 January 2002: Message edited by: Bester ]

nice one bester,
thats all i wanted to hear, just wanted to make sure you weren't doing the above mentioned crap :)
wish i saw ya when you were down here in syd, if you ever trek down this way again, be sure to let us know!

Ok I've never seen the Melbourne shuffle but, to me it sounds crap and boring. I'm sure if you saw me dance you'd forget about the Melbourne Shuffle and imitate me!
pfft
Come on you Melbo shufflers, give us a challenge! If ya dare.

um...wasn't it Optimus Prime?
Robots in Disguise
anyway..all this talk about melbourne shuffle etc etc...i think the melbourne shuffle is getting boring...and as one of the best proponents of the 'shuffle', I think I know what I'm talking about.
Disclaimer: I don't think I am the best at the shuffle, in fact, I can hardly do it at all, but since everyone is big noting themselves....
[ 11 January 2002: Message edited by: nezo ]