• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Generic percocet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoney3111

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I have a question about these generic percocets. They are white ip 204 marked they are generic 10/325's. I have read that this particular brand is not nearly as good as the brand name. My question is, for someone who has a low tolerance will this make any difference? Will they still do what I'm trying to get them to do. I don't really like to get super blown anymore just kinda nice you know. Also what could you expect if you decided to take maybe one of these and some hydrocodone? Is that safe? Any unwanted interactions there?

Thanks a lot for the help

Take 1 at a time and wait at least 1/2 hour between re dosing!
Hydrocodone is one molecule different won't make much difference(in some drugs it can make a big diff but not in this case). Just go easy on your dosing and slow!Slow and Low that is the Tempo!

I think some people were complaining about some side effects or maybe it not feeling "as pure" what do you think about that statement. Keep in mind I don't have a high tolerance or anything and I don't plan on trying to get really really messed up

I think some people were complaining about some side effects or maybe it not feeling "as pure" what do you think about that statement. Keep in mind I don't have a high tolerance or anything and I don't plan on trying to get really really messed up
Well I can't say but I am on oxycodone and can tell you the purity can vary greatly from manufacturer.Legally if an oxycodone(active drug in Percocet) is 10 mg the company has to at least put 8mgs of the active drug in the pill. I have serious doubts on one manufacturer from India in particular. I'm thinking somehow these mega drug empires can get around this.

Well I can't say but I am on oxycodone and can tell you the purity can vary greatly from manufacturer.Legally if an oxycodone(active drug in Percocet) is 10 mg the company has to at least put 8mgs of the active drug in the pill. I have serious doubts on one manufacturer from India in particular. I'm thinking somehow these mega drug empires can get around this.

I thought the main ingredient had to be the same but the fillers etc. could vary. It's a little scary that any oxycodone that's supposed to be 10 mg or 15 mg in my case, can just make a pill with only 8 mg or 12 mg respectively and that's okee-dokee with the FDA and DEA? That's ridiculous IMO and maybe that's one of the reasons why I never thought the MallincKrodt (or as I used to call them, MallinCrap) percocets weren't nearly as effective as the brand name version. Actually my recent experiences with generics has been pretty good lately but maybe that's just shear luck as many of them have not been for opiates, so who knows?

I wish the DEA could get more involved in/with changing what's acceptable for generic meds in the US and policing the generic companies to make sure they follow the rules. Instead of spending their time busting totally legal doctors who legitimately prescribe pain medication to patients in need of said medicine. Sorry but I think I'll step off my soapbox now, I don't know how that thing got in this room for cryin' out loud, LOL.

Why it is true the FDA guidlines for bioequivalence state there can be a +/- 20% difference between the pioneer drug and the generic, in actuality, most products show very little difference sitting basically at around 95-100% levels for Cmax and AUC (two pharmacokinetic parameters used to study bioequivalence). Two separate studies published in JAMA, one in 1987 and one in 1999 showed that there was no more than 3-4 % difference in these measures, so you would be getting roughly 9.6 to 10.4 mg of oxycodone, which quite honestly, no one could tell the difference between either and 10mg.

The DEA is not involved in policing bioequivalence or any other regulatory matter involving the approval of drugs. That is the FDA's domain and DEA works with FDA regarding scheduling of drugs and trends of abuse and how to combat it, but that is about it.

Generic vs brand (or even brand vs brand) discussion has been a highly discussed, and highly debated topic on bluelight that always seems to rear it's head. Because it usually becomes a subjective arguement between people on both sides swearing one way or the other they are prohibited via the forum guidelines, which does mean I have to close this. Since you're new please go ahead and read the BLUA and forum guidelines.

I personally can't recall any instances of encountering "weaker" batches brand to brand but there are reports of this stuff all over the web, some going as far as to say switching to a "weaker" brand actually required them to up the dose just to keep them from entering withdrawal... whether this was purely mental I can't say, however the mind is incredibly complex and poorly understood.

There have been many times where I would be absolutely fine until I realize I missed my dose hours ago, and immediately be thrown into full blown withdrawal :\. To answer your allowed question there are no contraindications between hydro and percocet. The general consensus, and one I agree with is that mixing opioids is usually unnecessary and sometimes even less ideal if you have enough of either for a full dose of one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.