• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

GABAPENTIN

Robi

Bluelighter
just got gaba 300mg and after reading here thats its highly addictive, was to take it one a night for sleep, doesnt help , so best to not use it, it does seem to help with a flare up of nerve pain a day back(mild fybromyagia) but seems, everything doc gave me is so addictive,jeeze , anyone fair well with it w/o troubling WD?

I like gabapentin, especially for wd's. I normally take it for 2 weeks and then take a 2 week break or sometimes even a month break. I mostly use it for nerve pain and RLS and the transition from heavy opioids/opiates to subs. Helps a lot for me in that 24hr period you normally wait to go from H (for me ) to subs and then stay on it a little longer while on subs. Also helps with alcohol wd's or at least for me. So cycling it so to speak helps with not building tolerance quickly and the addictive side. Hope that helped in some way.

Regards
CoffeeShroom

A lot of things are addictive. It's really up to you to analyze the cost/benefit relationship here between you and such a medication. There are many substances out there which we ingest for recreation and pain and some are potentially too much for people, but I believe Gabapentin (Neurontin) to be relatively safe, helpful for a lot of people etc. Yes, it can be addictive, it can be and is often misused, but it's not in the same league as dope if you ask me.

Decide for yourself. Be mindful of how it makes you feel, but also be aware that there is a cost to using the stuff regularly or too often.