• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin and Wellbutrin xl

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
Now Gabapentin on its own gets me into a state of euphoria but taking my dose of 150 mg of Bupropion xl orally as prescribed is only occasionally euphoric. Lately I've been taking 1.8g of gabapentin with my morning wellbutrin dose and it is very similar to the 12 times I did meth in my life! Anyone else try this combo? Also, is this actually a dangerous mix? Should I cut back on my gabapentin dose?

Yeah it is because you're not supposed to be getting high off your prescriptions. You aren't being at all responsible.

Haven't tried that combination, won't take Wellbutrin ever again.

It's dangerous because the euphoria will wear off soon, then you will take bigger doses and bring other drugs into the picture until in one way or another you ca't afford the habit, then you'll be in a very painful mental/physical state for a long time. Gabapentin is nothing to screw around with.

If you really want my advice, I'd tell your doctor that you've been abusing your medication to get high so you don't end up going down a dead end.

I agree with the above poster, but I don't know about straight up telling your doc that you're abusing your meds, that may cause problems in the long run for getting scripts you may actually need..

If you aren't prescribed 1,800mg of Gabapentin a day, you're going to run out of pills quicker than you think and not be able to refill. Everything has withdrawals, you know. You're going to find other drugs to replace the Gabapentin and the cycle just goes on and on. Not to mention tolerance builds FAST, soon you'll find that 1,800mg just isn't cutting it anymore.

I strongly suggest slowly bringing yourself down back to your prescribed dosage, and if you MUST abuse it, which I can understand, make it once in a blue moon.

Personally, I hate Wellbutrin, then again it's probably because I tried to get high off of 8 150mg pills and puked my happy ass off the rest of the night, but we all do stupid shit.

The more gabapentin you take the less is absorbed, FYI-also if you're going to try and get high off wellbutrin its better that you take the gabapentin with it as wellbutrin can cause seizures in higher dosages. It should also be noted that wellbutrin is a stupid drug to abuse, I am not judging you, as I for one shot it up for a period of about a month after reading some study that showed it to have a reinforcing (addictive) effect similar to cocaine in MICE (not humans). The thing was, it actually was addictive, but definitely not euphoric, which was very confusing and detrimental to me.

I have to attest the original poster is def onto something here... I was just RX'd Gabapentin 800mg capsules and switched to 200mg of Wellbutrin XL (NOT SR). I decided I was going to eat 4800mg of the Neurontin cuz that's how I roll (stupid) and then just take my normal Wellbutrin dose... I am not sure the brain chemistry involved in this, but I was AWAKE FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT... It feels BETTER than meth I thought. I felt so god damn amazing for them 5 days and had NO IDEA what was happening until I saw this post and was like AH HA! I AM NOT THE ONLY 1!

So now Brainiacs... explain what chemical reaction is taking place here?

I have to attest the original poster is def onto something here... I was just RX'd Gabapentin 800mg capsules and switched to 200mg of Wellbutrin XL (NOT SR). I decided I was going to eat 4800mg of the Neurontin cuz that's how I roll (stupid) and then just take my normal Wellbutrin dose... I am not sure the brain chemistry involved in this, but I was AWAKE FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT... It feels BETTER than meth I thought. I felt so god damn amazing for them 5 days and had NO IDEA what was happening until I saw this post and was like AH HA! I AM NOT THE ONLY 1!

Bupropion is a DNRI and the gabapentin acts on the gaba receptors. So big dopamine reuptake inhibition with the ease on your gaba receptors lowering the effects of norepinephrine reuptake inhibition.

Brupropion actually has little activity as a DRI and primarily reverses noradrenaline transporter activity. I'm not sure why there would be such strong synergy, but I would guess that you're primarily feeling the gabapentin + the stim effect of brupropion offsetting the drowsiness of gabapentin while the gabapentin smooths out the unpleasant NRI side effects.

Yeah it is because you're not supposed to be getting high off your prescriptions. You aren't being at all responsible.

It's dangerous because the euphoria will wear off soon, then you will take bigger doses and bring other drugs into the picture until in one way or another you ca't afford the habit, then you'll be in a very painful mental/physical state for a long time. Gabapentin is nothing to screw around with.

If you really want my advice, I'd tell your doctor that you've been abusing your medication to get high so you don't end up going down a dead end.
I second this advice, never take more than 450mg bupropion (increase seizure risk jumps above this) I've taken 600mg on a day after meth binge just to boost moral but it is not suggested!

eh definitely something else happening here

Brupropion actually has little activity as a DRI and primarily reverses noradrenaline transporter activity. I'm not sure why there would be such strong synergy, but I would guess that you're primarily feeling the gabapentin + the stim effect of brupropion offsetting the drowsiness of gabapentin while the gabapentin smooths out the unpleasant NRI side effects.

not sure why but i can't use the spacebar so i had to copy paste this from a txt editor...

there was definitely something else going on here than the regular effect of the wellbutrin counteracting the effects of
neurontin... I have been using drugs since I was 12 (I am 40) and have done EVERYTHING you can imagine to the extreme...
this was the CLEANEST, BEST FEELING "speed" buzz I have ever felt... It was amazing... I had no other drugs besides
the Wellbutrin XL + the Neurontin so it could not have been anything else...

We need to figure out what happened here because this was nothing short of amazing.

doc molecule

Bupropion is a DNRI and the gabapentin acts on the gaba receptors. So big dopamine reuptake inhibition with the ease on your gaba receptors lowering the effects of norepinephrine reuptake inhibition.

i wonder if it prevents your body from metabolizing bupropion into its methabolite Hydroxybupropion ? I know that bupe has a MUCH higher affinity for dopamine reuptake inhibition when done via IV... even so, this felt so clean... it was mesmerizing in all honesty. I just took 1800mg of neurontin with 450mg of wellbutrin xl about 20 minutes ago, waiting for some sort of effect.

Yes, I am aware of the seizure risk to anyone that wants to try and play doctor mom.

The first time I took bupropion extended-release, it unexpectedly put me in a very sensitive and psychedelic headspace (i.e. without visual distortions). I was scheduled to fly around that day, and maybe being processed through the airport wasn't the best thing to be happening, but it was a lukewarm, fun kind of trip.

Immediate-release bupropion gave me a very different, euphoric, speedy honeymoon period and then leveled out in some strange, uncomfortable spot. Incindently, this shows you that pharma generic brands and release mechanisms can produce very different results with the same active ingredient.

Anyway, I am responding because I was on a gabapentin regimen at the time, thus combining the two drugs, and can agree that there may be a variety of effects to be found with the combo.

Could it work with pregabalin? I had script for buprione and I was on it for 2 months, but it lost it effect in one month. But sounds interesting if this way it will give some nice feelings. Tho buprione gives very euphoric feeling for 5 min if taken to empty stomach for first week, but it will also give you very strong compulsive feeling to get that feeling again, its like crack I guess (never done).

This is very true. Gabapentin is definitely nothing to screw with. I am a recovering alcoholic after drinking 15 yrs.
Anyways when the Gabapentin was prescribed I was only on 900 mg. But when my doctor upped it to 2400 mg I have no desire to drink. I used to abuse it but like you said, you run out of pills earlier than usual. Then when I come down really quickly. Like taking 6 grams a day when I first get it, and the withdrawals are horrible! Similar to alcohol or benzos.

I never heard of this. I take wellbutrin and Gabapentin. Since I started taking the wellbutrin, I don't get energy like I did with Gabapentin. I feel more depressed actually. Probably will just take myself off it.

Hey, I know that guy Keif' Richards is such an asshole. Always sticking his nose where it don't belong and such, but this is Other Drugs and in our forum guidelines, which we were all supposed to have read before creating posts and making posts on preexisting threads, states pretty directly that we are not supposed to field queries of this nature. See the sentence in the guidelines if you are looking for a true reference.

See: Discussing Drug Combinations in forum guidelines

I don't have the authority to close, but I really feel like we need to reel it in here on Other Drugs and focus solely on Harm Reduction. I'm not saying that I don't like socializing, but my point is that there are dedicated threads on Bluelight where one can freely speak their mind and discuss more esoteric concepts like "how drugs feel" or "what your favorite combination is", but this is not the place for it.

I'm sorry for being a Nazi guys, but we have to follow the guidelines or everything will go to shit right under our noses. We'll turn around and realize that the forums have devolved to a Reddit-esque scenario and that is just no what we are. I don't dedicate my time to help people get as high as possible, I dedicate my time to make sure that my fellow users are safe and this kind of inappropriate material could very well be preventing others from being able to find and access the information that they require to use safely. There is only so much room on that front page and let's face it, people are fucking lazy.