• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Gabapentin/3000mg) - Inexperienced - What a wacky chemical this is... Mind is blown

QuasiStoned

Bluelighter
I was prescribed Gabapentin for pain and was well aware of the recreational potential of this chemical. The first time I took it was yesterday and I tested the waters with 1200mg. Gabapentin takes a long time to kick in but once it did it was one of the most novel sort of euphoria I've ever felt. It was like this mild psychedelic sort of feeling and a sense of well being that is hard to describe. And yet it's ever so subtle. Anyway that was 1200mg, which isn't that large of a dose. Today I took 3000mg and that's the point of this trip report.

I took 3000mg at work today around 6:30, didn't really kick in until 8PM. But man once it did, everything was different. It's a very strange drug. I felt a subtle but very present sort of well being. I felt like everything I was doing mattered and I was noticing things I never had before. It's so hard to explain how it feels. There was a very present psychedelic component, all thought processes were skewed into a state where everything I was doing was worthwhile. Going through my daily routines working in retail just seemed more interesting and meaningful.

One of my jobs is to pull all the items forward on the shelf. When it really kicked in, I noticed my motivation was increased quite a bit and I had an almost OCD component going on. I had a strange desire to make sure that all the labels were visible on the yogurt and all the frozen packages of vegetables were standing up. I wanted everything to look good I guess. Normally when I straighten out the shelves I just pull items forward and don't give a shit about things like that.

Shit got crazy when I rode my bike home 10:15. I have to travel through some very dark streets and I was hallucinating. I was seeing weird patterns across my eyes and saw strange objects in the dark. Inanimate objects such as bushes seemed to be sentient and I even thought that one was about to jump into the road for a second. I gave a little pussy scream as I thought one was about to jump at me. I thought it was alive!!!

In conclusion, it's one of the strangest chemicals I've come across. There is definite abuse potential because it's like a weird trippy sort of sedative. It definitely can give people a sense of well being and is enjoyable. It's just a very strange sort of high that it provides. It's subtle but it's very much there at the same time. Strangest high I've ever experienced, and believe me, I've done all kinds of shit back in the day. Weed, Kratom, Poppy pods, Phenazepam, heroin, oxycodone, xanax, tons of synthetic cannabinoids too. I could easily explain the effects of any of those, but Gabapentin is in a class of it's own. It's a strange high that is difficult to explain. But it does feel good. Everyone seems to have varying experiences with this chem but I'm definitely one of the lucky ones who can feel the positive vibe of this chemical. It's great.

Interesting report. Can't say I'd ever be eager to try gabapentin, but interesting nonetheless to hear of such effects from a chemical that I wouldn't expect to produce such effects.

Yeah, it wasn't anything I would've been eager to try but it fell into my lap... lol.

That is way too high of a dose, gabapentin. So be very enjoyable at the right dose, first time user don't go above 600-800mg" other wise t will be an uncomfortable feeling

Gabapentin is impossible to overdose on. I took 40 800 mg gabapentin (32,000mg) and was just fine. I think going over 2000 is pointless. it does have value for being abused though. Your unexplainable feeling I have had as well. Only way i could explain it is like cocaine or meth but without the rush. You feel self importance and energized by motivation. Not like weed where it makes you happy because you are high but you are happy because you feel life is going your way. I do enjoy gabapentin :)

yeah i took like 3000 mg and had a weird kind of high, definitely worth some more credit then it has

It's very interesting, I agree. I try to take the lowest dose possible while achieving recreational usage just to keep tolerance down. Lately I've been taking 1600 to 2000 mg. For me, the high makes me feel like I'm inside a work of fiction. My life is the plot and the book/TV show/movie is sort of a surrealist dark comedy. It's pretty fun to feel like you're the focus of a story since everything you do is novel and important. It's difficult to describe but definitely an interesting drug. I like how it's relatively safe and legal too. I have a prescription but if I didn't I know it's available online, although I don't think I would go to any great lengths to get it since again, it's subtle.

Gabapentin is my favorite non-controlled drug. It develops tolerance very quickly, however. I do it once or twice monthly.

im prescribed it for anxiety

funny thing is that it makes me feel like im rolling when i do enough

Be careful using this recreationally if you need it for pain, tolerance skyrockets and takes forever to go down. And when I say forever I mean it literally. Otherwise I find it to be somewhat dissociating, anxiolytic and very dizzyfying. Not my cup of tea, I'd rather be sober than have to eat it everyday. But it's better than being in pain. Never experienced anything remotely psychedelic on it, though I have given it to friends and they have reported trippy things.

I would like it alot more if I didn't have to take it everyday though I think.

Out of curiosity those of you who've tried various types of gabaergics (phenibut, gabapentin, alcohol, benzos, barbs, qualones, GHB/GBL/BDO etc) - where does Gabapentin fit in among them in terms of the feel? Is it something quite subtle but relaxing like benzos, something more drunken like GHB or alcohol? Or something else entirely?

^I would put it somewhere between a benzo and a barb. It is sedating, though in a non-sleepy way. It has it's own form of peaceful euphoria.

I have read of it being nephrotoxic, yet was unable to find anything concrete on the issue. Tbh, I have taken upwards of 10 grams of the stuff when my tolerance to it was high. It loses it's magic quickly.

Even after not taking it for close to a year, it still takes ~5g of the stuff to get me to the right spot. It must cause a semi-permanent tolerance. When I first took it, I did not have to take more than 800mg at once.

I can say I also take gab. 300mg 3 times a day. If I take it about 8 at a time..its like cocain for hours. But it does take about 2 hours to kick in.

^Like hell it is. Gabapentin and Cocaine are just about at polar ends of the psychoactive spectrum.

I have had it completely halt an Adderall experience before. I don't know how you could combine it with stimulants. It takes away the intellectual component of it. My movie at the theatre (Batman) went from captivating to lame, it was remarkable.