• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fully Validated, Multi-Kilogram cGMP Synthesis of MDMA

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter

Best Manufacturing Practice.

I just want people to appreciate that clandestine manufacture is a for-profit activity and the end user really has no idea what is actually in the final product. The only quality metric is 'good enough' and their are some impurities that one really would avoid, given the choice. But as things stand, you really have no idea. If someone claims a product is 92% pure - wonder what the other 8% could be.

Well the Dutch make PMK from the glycidate esters and go from their ALTHOUGH someone has suggested that their is a direct route from said glycidate ester. I should add that the glycidate esters are NOT being made from PMK. Their is an unexpected source but when you look at the prices of these precursors, you realize that demand is outstripping supply and growing of the plant containing THAT precursor while not controlled, cannot quickly be ramped up quickly.

No matter what method of production is used I always found it kind of sad that purification simply isn't done in most cases. Out of, idk, tens of different batches of MDMA I've encountered only few times it was of exceptional purity and not requiring washing and recrystallization. Only one of those very pure batches was what I assume didn't have washing and recrystallization as final step and that was brown sugar in appearance, safrole in smell and high clean as it gets. That was tested at 97.5% iirc.
I'll again state how I simply don't understand why washing and recrystallizing MDMA by every responsible user isn't a thing. Is it cuz it's seldom used via I.V. route or whatever, it's simply wrong. Millions of users all over world are risking to end up sick in any possible way cuz of that. As AlsoTapered mentions do people not wonder what's other x% of their "pure" stuff? Add to that fact that MDMA being of max purity of 84% is myth many believe. I've tested such stuff of "max purity" on a couple of occasions and guess what? It gets back as about 84% pure stuff, about 84% of tested xtals was MDMA HCl and rest of it "garbage". So quite a few other chemicals. I never bothered pay or bother someone for more precise analyse to find out what the rest of stuff was as I would purify it anyway. Honestly I would if I knew at the time there are so many people who take it as is and than complain it's not good. And honestly I thought most people complaining are complaining for same reasons as those who claimed that after 90s there was no good pills, so their tolerance, age, set & setting etc.
Anyway I strongly believe that purity is almost more important as effects of substance are more profound so to speak. While I certainly appreciate and can notice difference between good amphetamine sulphate (as in no cuts, especially no active cuts) and fire stuff (>97% or so) or difference of 10% in purity with coke that difference in terms of qualitative parameters is small when comparing MDMA or acid that differs 10% in purity. I know many claim and swear that 90% or 99.97% acid shouldn't be different as impurities aren't active anyway I don't agree. If I can feel effects of many substances on acid in doses that I wouldn't otherwise, or wouldn't significantly, sometimes even dosed a lot higher, why wouldn't I feel traces amount of something like ergotamine or anything else that causes vasocnstriction? Might be placebo but I've entered into acid world with idea that acid is acid is acid and purity only causes need for adjustment of dose. Well the more experience I got the more I got feeling that such an idea is/was mostly spread by those who in fact didn't taste acid of inferior purity.

I suppose the glycidates are being made in china from piperonal. which is cheaply made from 1,2 methylenedioxy benzene

It is surprising that MAPS didn't simply buy safrole and make MDP2P from that, they have a license to produce MDMA safrole is cheap and the precursor license is easy compared to sch1 manufacturing license. Instead they have mutliple extra steps including using an explosive, dangerously toxic, genotoxic and carcinogenic reagent to make MDP2Pol and then make MDP2P which is a restricted precursor from that, It doesn't matter how it is made distilled MDP2P is MDP2P. Nichols gave them a fully worked route from safrole years ago.
MAPS will be always be MAPSish.