• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Fuck worried I might have HIV

Morrison's Lament said:
Hmn, in the spirit of harm reduction - maybe that could be worded better? ;)

--- G.

i remember it. i was a bit over excited eh. 8o 8) 8(

Damn man. I feel your pain. I went through the same anxiety when I slept around a little unprotected and then started to become really sick. I was paranoid that I had caught HIV (because of who I was sleeping with) and it took me ages to build up the confidence to take a test.

Though after taking the test and being negative, and then having a second test 4 months later and negative, I was totally glad I had done it. It's a huge relief.

A close friend of mine had a call a month or so ago from the hospital telling him that one of his active sexual partners in the last 12 months was HIV positive. Fuck. He was scared shitless but came up negative THANK GOD.

Get the test dude, it's worth it! and it honestly takes about 5 minutes and 3 days for a result.

Good luck!

Shal..
:D

Look at magic Johnson. Has had HIV for years now. DOesnt even have AIDS. only HIV. trust me man, dont be self ish, get tested

Oh crap. I think I interpreted wrong.

When I read 0.2% I thought it meant IF SLEEPING WITH A POSITIVE FOR AIDS PERSON ITS STILL ONLY 1 OUT OF 500 LIKELY TO ACTUALLY CATCH IT...? But am I wrong and is it based on population etc? This would mean my chances are substantially worse considering my condom broke during sex with an ex stripper.

Whats the actual meaning of 0.2%?

PassMeTheVicks said:

When I read 0.2% I thought it meant IF SLEEPING WITH A POSITIVE FOR AIDS PERSON ITS STILL ONLY 1 OUT OF 500 LIKELY TO ACTUALLY CATCH IT...?

as you stated above !! %)

Sh0t said:

I believe strongly that the medicines given to AIDS patients is what is breaking down their immune system along with some lifestyle choices.

But then how is it that HIV positive people who are given medication usually live longer than those who don't get them? And what are all these people dying of? What lifestyle choices?
I'd really like to believe that AIDS is a hoax (I have realised that, no matter how many times I get tested, I will always worry about having it, whether or not I have it, even if I never have sex again)... but I dunno... I grew up in Africa and I've seen too much of it to not believe it. I mean that's where the people who can't afford the mediction are dropping like flies.

So what does testing positive indicate? Assuming that it is a hoax, what if I got tested next week and suddenly tested positive? And I haven't changed my habits since I last got tested, no malnutrition, no drugs, etc.

... just curious

PassMeTheVicks said:

When I read 0.2% I thought it meant IF SLEEPING WITH A POSITIVE FOR AIDS PERSON ITS STILL ONLY 1 OUT OF 500 LIKELY TO ACTUALLY CATCH IT...? But am I wrong and is it based on population etc? This would mean my chances are substantially worse considering my condom broke during sex with an ex stripper.

Whats the actual meaning of 0.2%?

Face it, you're never going to get rid of that worry until you get tested. It's the best thing to do. Whenever I start worrying bout this (and I say it like I worry all the time, but in reality it's been 2-3 times) I always get tested before I sleep with anyone else, because imagine having to tell someone "uhhh, when I slept with you I had hiv, so get tested, and if you're positive, then it means I've helped ruin your life as well as mine"

Man, I have to get out of this thread, it's just getting to me. I know the chance of me having it is minimal... but it's never minimal enough. Like, what if I've been kidnapped by aliens while I was sleeping and they injected a whole litre of the virus into my bloodstream, then erased my memory of the whole thing... 8o 8o 8o

Who, me, paranoid?

Sh0t said:
I found it just while clinking through something else.

I made a mistake and thought you meant you tested positive, but you meant your friend. Either way, you might be able to help him/her.

The theories about HIV not causing AIDS are real I'm afraid. I've been digging into this stuff for the last few months and as bad as it sounds, it really is a hoax. If you study the demographic data about AIDS compared to what a similar "epidemic" would do, something doesn't fit. Same with the research that went into "discovering" HIV.

If you put even a mild effort into researching information away from the AIDS Lobbies, things begin to get unscientific in regards to the scare tactics.

Just a peak into how POLITICAL the AIDS situation is tends to invite some skepticism.
1/3 of the CDC budget is earmarked for AIDS right of the top, and AIDS isn't even near the killer you would think to warrant that kind of budget.

Combined AIDS received 2billion dollars in effort from the CDC while there were 14,000 AIDS deaths here in the US.
Breast Cancer killed 40,000 women, receives 200 million dollar.

Something that kills 1/3 of the people of breast cancer receives 10 times the budget?
That alone should inspire some to turn a critical eye toward the industry of AIDS.

DR Seuss: Basically your FAQ is worthless. I have been researching this on foot and via any online source I can and I am fully convinced that the mainstream AIDS "facts" are mistakes at best a seriously evil hoax more likely.

Many scientists and doctors are trying to speak out against the AIDS cabal but they are getting no mainstream press, just like with cancer and B17.

I believe strongly that the medicines given to AIDS patients is what is breaking down their immune system along with some lifestyle choices. If I could volunteer for an independant study and be given HIV as a guinea pig, I would do it. I believe so strongly that HIVS -> AIDS is a hoax I would stake my life on it.

Rubbish. Have you ever known someone personally who has HIV?

Have you ever known someone personally who's died from AIDS?

It's no hoax. If the meds caused the immune disfunction, how come people were dying before these drugs were even being used?

This conspiracy theory nonsense almost always hides some other agenda. What's yours?

^^
Seriously!

I'd like to hear of some legitimate dr's claiming HIV/AIDS isn't real.

Sh0t said:

Just a peak into how POLITICAL the AIDS situation is tends to invite some skepticism.
1/3 of the CDC budget is earmarked for AIDS right of the top, and AIDS isn't even near the killer you would think to warrant that kind of budget.

Can you post a source for that? It seems somewhat unlikely to me. (CDC deals with an incredibly number of issues, I'd be amazed if AIDS could take 1/3 of their resources).

Edit: nevermind, I found their financial statements. Funding for AIDS, STDs and TB in FY2003 was $1.146 billion. Total funding was $6.9 billion. Note that those figures include all other STDs, as well as AIDS. Under 1/6, not 1/3 as claimed.

source (pdf 79kb)

Last edited:
the tickets are sold out on this guy.

xtcxtc said:

i have refused several times to have sex with girls who insisted on condoms and the only time i have buckled was with 3 girls in Vietnam.
[/B]

omg, LOL man!
you crack me up!
;)

xtcxtc said:
Receptive vaginal intercourse = 0.1 - 0.2 %

it is a probability NOT a % of population.

As far as I was taught a probability of greater than 0.05 means that an event is likely to occur...

Ok this is personal jibe. I'm sorry - Maybe you should start wearing a condom dumbfuck...

* Edit - I'm wrong 0.2% is a probability of 0.002*

Ah well it's your life...

Those probabilities were also only for one sexual encounter with an infected person... Each encounter raises the probabilities...

And if you look at probabilities for other STDs it's likely that anyone you disclose your prior sexual history to would not touch you with a very long stick...

Last edited:
this thread contains some tripped out shit spoken by some tripped out people.

Most people I know can get just as much sexual stimulation from using a condom as they can wearing nothing... so if that's the case then Id rather err on the side of caution.

Also has anyone considered the consequences of unwanted pregnancy? Condoms help avoid a multitude of nasty and unplanned things.

Also has anyone considered the consequences of unwanted pregnancy?

yup -- i think that is by far the best reason for wearing a condom.

Got a total sexual health check up at the start of the year. Pretty traumatic even although I practice safe sex 99.9% of the time. It was that 0.1% that made me get tested! As I was told by the doctor- as long as you can say that your partner is heterosexual, never been an intraveinous drug user, never been a prostitute and it was a 'one off' your chances of HIV transmission are low. However if your partner had Chylamidia, gnonorea(spp) etc you will probably have it. This is because they are bacterial and not carried in fluids so contact is enough to transmit these.
Remember your HIV status only tells about you and tells nothing about your partner! They have to be tested also before it is safe to have unprotected sex! Also there were more heterosexual cases of HIV diagnosed last year than homosexual ones! HIV is a condition that affects every cross section of society- take nothing for granted and take care of yourselves!!! xx
psHIV is now treated and managed as a chronic condition- it is no longer the 5 yr dead sentence of 20yrs ago!
Also the only thing political about budgeting for AIDs is that poor 3rd world countries cannot afford the over priced drugs and cant/ wont educate about safe sex!
Personally I would ever for one moment consider sleeping with someone so selfish that they didnt have the respect to protect me from any germs/ diseases they had! There is nothing romantic about a crusty infected willy or spending your life taking 15 tablets a day! :p

Last edited:
http://www.avert.org/usastaty.htm

my view of the probability of a white hetrosexual male or female contracting HIV keeps getting smaller.

note with a HIV +ve partner .001 to .002.

with an untested partner 1 in 5 million.

those probabilities are dated and are now much smaller imo.

Check this... :\ Yes the chance of getting it is low but if a 1/4 of the HIV cases dont even know their infected and they're continuing to have unprotected sex then the chance is higher! Remember the stats that your are quoting are based on a random model! Therefore you have just as much chance of encountering an HIV+ partner than avoiding one!
Infection has decreased but it is edging back up in the western world. Many due to heterosexuals continuing to believe that this is a gay disease which is true ignorance! The levels of HIV related death due to full blown AIDS has decreased but only because we in the west can afford the antiretrovirus drugs.
If you believe you've been put at risk get tested! Then learn the lesson and practice safe sex!

DR Seuss: Basically your FAQ is worthless. I have been researching this on foot and via any online source I can and I am fully convinced that the mainstream AIDS "facts" are mistakes at best a seriously evil hoax more likely.

ta. but the health q&a mods and charities that i spoke to disagreed. and frankly, your word is somewhat less than worthless in comparison ;)

I believe strongly that the medicines given to AIDS patients is what is breaking down their immune system along with some lifestyle choices. If I could volunteer for an independant study and be given HIV as a guinea pig, I would do it. I believe so strongly that HIVS -> AIDS is a hoax I would stake my life on it.

well, i hear they've had a disappointing number of nominations for the darwin awards this year... 8)

dr seuss- thank you for posting the link to your faq. I found it most enlightening and I know others did as well.

There are many conflicting statistics on HIV and AIDS. What I am confident I can piece together is that AIDS is caused by the HIV virus. This is accepted medical fact based upon overwhelming evidence.

It further remains the case that male to male receptive anal sex and IV drug use are the two most common methods by which HIV is transmitted. Over half of those who are HIV infected in the US alone don't know it.

The harm reduction aspects of Bluelight are not confined to the drug forums. I have no problem with this thread remaining here and remaining open, but I'd like to see it get back on track. I think the evidence on HIV causing AIDS and whether or not HIV is a MASSIVE public health problem on a global level is as unambiguous as anything I've ever seen. To assert that one would be deliberately infected with the HIV virus as an in vivo experiment in an attempt to prove that HIV does not cause AIDS is incredibly foolhardy. I have HIV+ friends who would probably cry at the blatant twisting of information in this thread. Every one of them wishes they could turn back time and not engage themselves in the behavior that got them the virus.

There is no foolproof method to prevent HIV infection besides outright abstinence from both sex and IV drug use. Should you decide to use drugs, use safe shooting and snorting practices. Should you decide to have sex with someone whose HIV status is unknown, use a condom.

As far as HIV/AIDS taking up 1/3 of the CDC's resources, I'd love to see some stats supporting this. The stats Infinite Jest posted seem a bit more realistic. I believe the money spent on HIV/AIDS research is money well spent, but I have lived in cities with large HIV+ populations most of my life so my opinion is qualified by this fact.

Can we try and turn this thread less into a debate on whether HIV causes AIDS and into something both more humanitarian and factual in nature?

A man has less of a chance of getting HIV from unprotected vaginal sex with an untested woman than he has of dying in a car crash on his way home.