• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

From Chasing Heroin->Sublingual Suboxone to Losing Hope Shooting Dope

MethaDO/Don't -> What do you think? (Only Answer If You Personally Received Treatment At A Clinic)

• I attended a recovery clinic using methadone & my doctor's guidance I tapered off successfully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I attend a clinic today, Methadone has helped me and I hope it helps you! (Thank you!)

• Used to be on Suboxone, didn't succeed. Moved to Methadone, it was much better and easier.

• Used to be on Suboxone, didn't succeed. Moved to Methadone, it was not any different.

• Used to be on Suboxone, didn't succeed. Moved to Methadone, it was much worse. (Explain with reply.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fighting2Succeed

Greenlighter
Well, I am trying to get off heroin and I used to be part of the Suboxone treatment program. I had initially succeeded in the program but things started to go downhill when I hit this sort of dead-end where my doctor wouldn't tell me what I needed to do in order to begin tapering after 2 years in the program a small handful of dirty tests in the very beginning and 2 lapses that happened when my medication was not coming in due to an insurance authorization issue, 2 lapses that lasted only a few days my meds were not available and I went in completely honest and forthcoming about the situation. My doctor continued to see me strive towards success and sobriety, with counseling, working, and staying sober from ALL drugs besides marijuana when I would get off work I would smoke a bowl, and that was it. I couldn't have 1 beer if I had any alcohol metabolites in my system he would chastise me about why I had to engage with having a single alcoholic drink (never liquor just like 1 light beer, never more than 1, and literally it would be like a Christmas dinner or something like I didn't drink anyway so I would tell him it was just an occasion and he said well what stops you from occasionally using drugs too? I would say, that is drastically different and he would disagree with me) so I quit having any alcohol altogether as well. This doctor just never gave me any encouragement or hope that I would ever be off of Suboxone or that I would ever exit the program sober. I would never get any goals to achieve or milestones to accomplish so that I knew what I was looking forward to or needing to achieve before I could reach the next stage.. All I would get is, "Just do as I say and follow my program. You will be alright if you do just that." 2 years of that shit and being kept on 8mg a day with no tapering in my foreseeable future had me asking too many sensitive questions I guess and he eventually threw me out of his program for being a "Hostile Patient" because I asked him in a calm regular voice to tell me what I was supposed to be doing here, what was his plan of action, how many patients has he successfully exited out of his program who were sober today, etc.. He literally got up, exited the exam room, and said he had a hostile patient while my wife and I were both sitting there looking at each other like, "What? Are you literally joking right now?" We asked for a list of other prescribers and he said he was the only one, I said I would take my chances then and find another who would actually take my recovery seriously instead of just trying to find another patient to load up on meds as they collect a salary and get to go home sleeping comfortably knowing they don't have to deal with the issue themselves. He smiled and said good luck with my treatment and showed me the door. 2 months I called him back asking for him to take me back as a patient and he laughed on the phone and said to me I told you that you wouldn't find another provider in your area or within a reasonable distance (sadly he was right, I guess he managed a nice monopoly there, such an asshole) he then turned me away as I literally apologized and told him I just really cared about getting back to a true sobriety and did not just want to be on meds forever, he just completely refused to take me back in as a patient. My mother even tried calling and asking as a parent, I told her not to bother and he still told her that he was not going to take me back in when he had other patients who could better fill my spot and not argue with him about how long is too long to be on Suboxone or how he needs to know what my plan of action is / how many people I have successfully recovered. If he can't just trust me as his doctor then he was never going to succeed to begin with.

I find that absolutely not true, if he had stopped being vague and actually tried to give me any bit of hope or encouragement I would have been okay. If he couldn't answer a question because it depended on certain factors, okay, I can accept that. TELL ME, shit isn't that his job? To help me see the scope of my treatment, to help guide me towards a goal, to help me achieve it, to get me back to being sober? Or do we just start prescribing and then that's it now we are just a lost cause in society. I don't really get how this works. I was a smoker all those years ago. I feel like I would have succeeded in the program if I had a better doctor. Instead, I feel like I was given up on. I got back on heroin once I could no longer keep sourcing medication and so I stopped self-medicating with Suboxone. Now we are 8 years into my opiate addiction, multiple times trying to quit, 1 time joining a serious treatment program for 2 years (2 years into my addiction) 4 years in, I lost my treatment and provider because they had no other options in my area. 4 more years later I am finding more treatment options are finally available in my town, I started looking because good ol' me is facing the fact I let myself become an I.V user. I never shared needles or anything and I only just now started shooting up but I just can't keep going on like this, I have a wife whom I love, I lost my brother to heroin, losing my sister to heroin now already too, and I just can't be the next in line I need to break this cycle, I need to be a stable son for my mother, a stable husband for my wife, and one day a stable father to my children whom I hope to still be able to have and raise without the burdens of a heroin addiction amidst our lives. So, I am registered for an appointment this Thursday at 8AM to go in and get my first Methadone treatment. It will apparently be Methadose the pink concentrated liquid. My last shot was right before I went to type this and I really hope it is my last. I just want to get away from this stuff before it kills me too.

Last edited:
Hi.
Just wanted to welcome you to bluelight and hope you get the responses you hope for.
Never been to a clinic so will see my way out.
Peace
<3

Hi.
Just wanted to welcome you to bluelight and hope you get the responses you hope for.
Never been to a clinic so will see my way out.
Peace
<3
Thanks, I hope to find some useful support. I know I will find support nonetheless, the community here is good, or at least always has been good to me. Whether you have been to a clinic or not is not a factor here when replying to the thread. Anyone is welcome to place a comment as long as they are respectful of course and follow the general rules laid out by bluelight. I only care about whether people have personal first-hand experience when it comes to voting in the poll. I welcome any encouragement, advice, or experiences from other users who may have an opinion or suggestion to throw me even if they have never seen a treatment program of any kind or are currently in a clinic. All data is data and all opinions are as such. I take it all with a grain of salt, ultimately I will be relying on a medical doctor, I just like to know what I am getting myself into from other participants and if I can get such information from patients past or present who are willing to share. Even on the poll, I provided an option for those who just want to see results and do not have any experience to share or vote with since a family member of a loved one may be viewing and trying to get more information online.

I attended a clinic and it didn’t help. I wasn’t ready to quit. I just used the methadone to bridge my fixes. Maybe now things would be different but with that being said I am happier knowing my grant possibly went towards someone who took the program seriously and helped change their life. I do miss my counselor there as well.

Welcome to BL & it’s never too early to try MAT again. Sometimes it’s important to reference your environment, or other problems creeping into a failed clinic attempt.

I attended a clinic and it didn’t help. I wasn’t ready to quit. I just used the methadone to bridge my fixes. Maybe now things would be different but with that being said I am happier knowing my grant possibly went towards someone who took the program seriously and helped change their life. I do miss my counselor there as well.

Welcome to BL & it’s never too early to try MAT again. Sometimes it’s important to reference your environment, or other problems creeping into a failed clinic attempt.
Don't give up, I agree. I do see areas where things are different. I know my post probably seems a little one-sided against the doctor and just a big rant but most of that anger comes from the fact I have been shooting up and I wonder where I would be today if I had just gotten a doctor who was a little bit more experienced maybe or just cared enough about my needs as a patient to have more resourceful information about the program and where he thought I could use more work to achieve my goals instead of just, "do as I say blindly no questions asked". However, that being said, I agree that Suboxone isn't a guaranteed failure. It actually really worked wonders for me at the time when I was at a really low point in my life and it got me to restabilize. Now the difference is that before I started that program I did not want to quit either, I eventually got to a point where I was happy and did but then that is when I got thrown out, GO FIGURE! However, now that I have been on heroin for so long I really am just sick of it. Also, now that there are other treatment centers in my area, I am really excited to meet the other doctors and nurses who may actually give me a bit more insight or assurance.. Even if they don't, I am older and wiser now, I am committed to being clean, and I just want to do this for me and nobody else besides maybe for my wife too.

Decided to make an Update and give yall a little background about me.. Sitting here typing this and not even working out or nothing but I am litteraly sweating like a MFer.. Not craving, not in full W/D just streams of sweat coming down my face from IDK why lol.. Methadone side effect? Anyway, they said don't workout or overdo anything so I don't sweat the medication out.. Am I literally thinking and typing so intently and seriously that I am breaking out into a sweat? Is that possible GOLLY this is nuts.. I am sitting down comfortable and feels like I just jogged 5 laps in the Gym on a hot day and then splashed the water bottle on my face rofl!

My wife and I have a silly dream of maybe doing something like streaming or making a big podcast / online show one day. I don't know if we will though, I still think it is possible but she is still searching for her confidence. We used to live together in NV and when things were moving a lot slower in the desert, especially with COVID it seemed like more of the right thing to do but we both got laid off at that time lol, and just like many other people out there we ended up having to make some living adjustments and cut way back so making videos dropped down on the priority list pretty quickly lmao. COVID hurt a lot, we're not the only ones I know. However, I can say that it was able to force us to make a decision that although hasn't fully come to fruition yet, will probably have the most effective and positive impact in our lives yet. My wife and I although not legally married, have been together for almost 15 years now and surprisingly have that little fairy-tale type of love story but trust me the path and journey throughout has been very extreme, and everything but living a fairytale haha. Anyway, I am writing this cuz I believe a lot of people out there see this content and count themselves out of ever being able to achieve it... Well, I am 29 years old and have wanted to YouTube since I was a preteen joking around with my brother who unfortunately passed away a few years ago, it still hangs in the back of my head to reach out there and try and motivate other people to make the effort and not give up, no matter your situation, no matter what is on your plate.. You can do it! If nobody else does, I BELIEVE IN YOU! .. I used to dwell on my brother's death, but now I take the memories I have of the experiences we shared and I make them the strength that motivates me to keep going. I used to dwell on my wife and I being apart for these 3 years (not split up but long distance after living together for 9 solid Years), seeing each other only when we could afford to visit and share travel fees. When COVID hit we took advantage of our loss and we both decided to move back in with family. Her with her family in Oregon and me staying in NV with my family. We put all our stuff in boxes and have it stored out here and she went to Portland with what she could pack in a suitcase basically.. Granted this was a daunting decision however nowhere near our attempt to leave NV with everything we could fit in a car, throwing up a tent in northern California, and due to being so sick of the desert and hating the deathly heat/scenery/no jobs we tried to rough it out and for 4 and a half months we live in California almost making it to employment and making the connections necessary to have a suitable place to rent however the snowy season came just a little too quick before we could actually make the full transition and unfortunately we found ourselves back in NV.. However, this time... I don't know what happened, maybe it's guardian angels or maybe it is just luck but it seems that against all the odds somehow we managed to succeed this time.. My wife got into the community college and managed to get enrolled in a transfer scholarship with the University, and as long as she finishes on this grant her tuition will be fully paid. My wife is a magnificent human being, I managed to build a computer company out in NV that made it to be top 3 in computer repair and IT Consulting on Google Maps in my area within the first year with 5/5 stars and 16 reviews all positive. I hit some tough times though and ofc depression, we know is a killer of so many things. I hit one too many hard bumps in the road and had to shut it all down and focus on my mental health. I plan to open back up in Portland, OR though. This first go was mainly a confidence thing and proving to myself that I could really do it and learning that I had what it takes to actually get there. Once I have my partner back in my life and we can balance each other out, I know I will succeed and do much better out in the city with the same approach and business plan. I really am excited to test it all out up there. I have now started focusing on getting counseling and moving up to be with her. So far that has done a lot for me and my self-esteem so I am happy about that but in comparison to what my wife has accomplished.. I can't say I am as strong and as successful at achieving goals as she is lol, she says my talent is taking care of her needs and feeding her because she doesn't take care of herself real well alone and I tend to do an amazing job at that. I think she's just being modest but hey, if that is the truth I am happy to do that for her while maintaining a job. It's not much and compared to what she does, I think I have it 10x easier. My wife has managed to do all of this on her own basically, I have helped her don't get me wrong. I have sent her money and done a lot of things to help her with school (on our 10th anniversary I bought her all new school supplies and equipment for school so she could have an easier time like an Apple Tablet, Apple Watch, and Apple iPhone) I spent like 5 grand on her and sent her all the gifts as a present to show my appreciation for all her hard work and the strength she has had to maintain to hold that all down. She wants to become a doctor ND, MD so yeah she will be going to school for a mighty long time and if I ever become a homeowner it is most likely going to be because of that woman and her amazing ability to seek higher knowledge and maintain a level of intellect that continues to tower over mine but it seems our independence has become a little bit of co-dependence since we both just do not do well while we are apart and somehow we both tend to have the strength and skill-sets that the other lacks in comparison so we are like two counterparts that fit perfect together but apart are totally BROKEN lol.. We managed to make it this far though.. I have one last step! I am in the methadone clinic, and I have slowed down injecting to basically almost 0. I know this is dumb because I did a shot today but before today I hadn't had any shot for almost a week by choice because I could have totally done quite a few if I had wanted but I am really trying not to. I am trying to ride out my methadone dose as much as I can but I will admit at night I am taking small hits of fentanyl powder to curve my graving and just get myself to avoid thinking of shooting and after a few hits and nodding out and coming back from the short-lived high I go get some water and kinda sober up just enough to go to sleep safely and wake up in the morning to get right into the clinic and take my methadone dose. Idk sometimes I hate myself just because my wife is there going to the University, got a part-time job as a cashier in a CBD store that she works solo at, and runs herself for her boss who owns 2-3 stores, I guess it's a brand name chain that I will spare the name of just because it is irrelevant to this update. She worked part-time, and then she applied for a student housing grant that allowed us both to live together and both of us to be on the lease. She got approved in March... I was supposed to be there in April but I just kept not being able to pull enough money together for me to do an entire U-Haul rental, the gas, and move all of our stuff for the $2,000-$3,000. I kept only getting up to saving like $1,800 and then bills would hit plus I would be supporting a habit... So, after we started getting to the end of the year like this I just was like man this is sad... I knew something had to change and it was me, so I got myself some help and went back into treatment. She used her student loans to survive and stay afloat on top of her part-time income and whatever I could send her to help out when I could. Since my business is closed down and I no longer work IT / Consulting nor do I have any other employment at the moment. I am not able to contribute much for the time being but the idea is once I get myself out there I can start looking for work immediately and that will take a load of stress off her shoulders once I am transitioned into the methadone clinic out there and I can work. There is some good news though! The methadone clinic is literally RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from my apartment LOL Can you believe that? Almost like it is a sign or something xP!. Also, our apartment is exactly what we wished we could have while in NV we were supporting a two-bedroom trailer in a Meh/:( place. However, there was a library across from us which we both LOVED cuz we are total nerds. It was scary though because while comparing rent in Portland when we were living in our place in NV, we were just like there is no way this is going to be easy if possible at all there are just so many obstacles against us and so many things that have to go exactly right that if even one piece falls apart BOOM the whole tower and plan comes down with it let alone just hoping if we could find a spot that was exactly the same as our current bills in that place. Well, our apartment in Oregon not only is bigger, and more secure, but it is the same cost!! Actually, it is cheaper in some ways because it isn't an uninsulated/broken-down trailer that has a slumlord running the lot. It is just weird, how it is all coming together somehow.. Even with all the hardships and negative outcomes how she and I are the only pieces in our lives that seem to be right and that is on both sides I am glad it is that way for her too, I just feel like she is so strong and capable.. I do my best to keep up but she claims she doesn't need me to keep up just help her to be able to keep it all up.. So I think that is sweet of her, will always cherish that woman til the day I die, no matter where we end up or if we split off. She will forever be the one person who has taught me so much and helped me grow since I was a teenager and I couldn't thank anyone else more besides maybe my mother that's about it.. Since she has already got her tuition costs covered by her scholarship she was able to sustain herself using student loans for living expenses consulting with her student aid and financial advisors there at the college to do so and budget everything.. Man, she truly is a G when it comes to living life and just being an independent person out there.. Lol however she is right, she can't feed herself for the life of her.. Literally for the life of her, she literally just doesn't feed herself and hates to cook/choose a meal because her appetite just disappears as soon as the task at hand comes across her mind. I love to cook though and that is just second nature to me.. We have a lot of things like that for each other that go hand in hand. Actually, as a matter of fact, I guess almost every aspect of our life is like that in one way or another. Whatever one of us struggles with, the other just picks up those pieces and puts them together just right and we keep on trucking along and making progress in this journey together. being able to pick up those pieces and help one another is probably the most beautiful thing about us .. Some people would argue that point but her and I are happy and I guess that is all that matters however we do try to teach each other how to be self-sufficient and we do urge one another to learn these skills and boost ourselves in the areas we struggle in.. However, we still do take care of one another by lifting those hardships off each other's shoulders and making sure to just get the job done so we can continue living and making life easier for one another. When things get easier we focus on how to encourage the other to start getting through those hardships and identifying the problems or finding out why we struggle in that area.. So it isn't just about co-dependence it is about growth and doing what we can because we love each other.. I just put in another increase at the clinic. I am at 40 mg methadone, I started to get counseling, I called my insurance and asked about transferring my stuff over to Oregon and how that can be done so that it is seamless and doesn't create a huge lapse in my plan or cause me to go without treatment long-term. I am now working on getting everything together and getting myself all packed up, and I am committing to moving all our stuff to Portland, OR. I am so excited to be in my wife's arms again, to cook her breakfast and dinner, to love her and help support her dream of becoming a medical doctor, growing my computer business out there, building our dream home, and raising children. All the while being sober and maintaining my physical and mental health to boot. I also want to be a mental health and drug counselor. Since I Come from a long history of mental/emotional/sexual childhood abuse that has all been very traumatic.. I think I would make a great counselor and sponsor once I fix myself and reach a point where I can actually maintain a stable life and no longer give in to the influence or cravings. If I can't do it for my interest and goal to become that one day, then I will do it for myself, my wife, and my potential future children who all depend on me to be a stable husband, father, and mother who deserves to see her son become something other than just a junkie who is constantly falling flat on his face when she and I know I can be so much more and do so much more out there if I really tried hard and I gave it my all. I am committed to making this life-long journey and battle which I hope will one day be a peaceful treaty amongst myself and others to not partake instead of a war / feud between peer pressure and my own selfish desire to use and feed that next fix. Wish me luck everyone, this is the road I am on and it's one I plan to continue traveling and doing my best to help others who are lost along the way while staying sober and keeping myself afloat so that I don't start treading water myself.

Decided to make an Update and give yall a little background about me.. Sitting here typing this and not even working out or nothing but I am litteraly sweating like a MFer.. Not craving, not in full W/D just streams of sweat coming down my face from IDK why lol.. Methadone side effect? Anyway, they said don't workout or overdo anything so I don't sweat the medication out.. Am I literally thinking and typing so intently and seriously that I am breaking out into a sweat? Is that possible GOLLY this is nuts.. I am sitting down comfortable and feels like I just jogged 5 laps in the Gym on a hot day and then splashed the water bottle on my face rofl!

My wife and I have a silly dream of maybe doing something like streaming or making a big podcast / online show one day. I don't know if we will though, I still think it is possible but she is still searching for her confidence. We used to live together in NV and when things were moving a lot slower in the desert, especially with COVID it seemed like more of the right thing to do but we both got laid off at that time lol, and just like many other people out there we ended up having to make some living adjustments and cut way back so making videos dropped down on the priority list pretty quickly lmao. COVID hurt a lot, we're not the only ones I know. However, I can say that it was able to force us to make a decision that although hasn't fully come to fruition yet, will probably have the most effective and positive impact in our lives yet. My wife and I although not legally married, have been together for almost 15 years now and surprisingly have that little fairy-tale type of love story but trust me the path and journey throughout has been very extreme, and everything but living a fairytale haha. Anyway, I am writing this cuz I believe a lot of people out there see this content and count themselves out of ever being able to achieve it... Well, I am 29 years old and have wanted to YouTube since I was a preteen joking around with my brother who unfortunately passed away a few years ago, it still hangs in the back of my head to reach out there and try and motivate other people to make the effort and not give up, no matter your situation, no matter what is on your plate.. You can do it! If nobody else does, I BELIEVE IN YOU! .. I used to dwell on my brother's death, but now I take the memories I have of the experiences we shared and I make them the strength that motivates me to keep going. I used to dwell on my wife and I being apart for these 3 years (not split up but long distance after living together for 9 solid Years), seeing each other only when we could afford to visit and share travel fees. When COVID hit we took advantage of our loss and we both decided to move back in with family. Her with her family in Oregon and me staying in NV with my family. We put all our stuff in boxes and have it stored out here and she went to Portland with what she could pack in a suitcase basically.. Granted this was a daunting decision however nowhere near our attempt to leave NV with everything we could fit in a car, throwing up a tent in northern California, and due to being so sick of the desert and hating the deathly heat/scenery/no jobs we tried to rough it out and for 4 and a half months we live in California almost making it to employment and making the connections necessary to have a suitable place to rent however the snowy season came just a little too quick before we could actually make the full transition and unfortunately we found ourselves back in NV.. However, this time... I don't know what happened, maybe it's guardian angels or maybe it is just luck but it seems that against all the odds somehow we managed to succeed this time.. My wife got into the community college and managed to get enrolled in a transfer scholarship with the University, and as long as she finishes on this grant her tuition will be fully paid. My wife is a magnificent human being, I managed to build a computer company out in NV that made it to be top 3 in computer repair and IT Consulting on Google Maps in my area within the first year with 5/5 stars and 16 reviews all positive. I hit some tough times though and ofc depression, we know is a killer of so many things. I hit one too many hard bumps in the road and had to shut it all down and focus on my mental health. I plan to open back up in Portland, OR though. This first go was mainly a confidence thing and proving to myself that I could really do it and learning that I had what it takes to actually get there. Once I have my partner back in my life and we can balance each other out, I know I will succeed and do much better out in the city with the same approach and business plan. I really am excited to test it all out up there. I have now started focusing on getting counseling and moving up to be with her. So far that has done a lot for me and my self-esteem so I am happy about that but in comparison to what my wife has accomplished.. I can't say I am as strong and as successful at achieving goals as she is lol, she says my talent is taking care of her needs and feeding her because she doesn't take care of herself real well alone and I tend to do an amazing job at that. I think she's just being modest but hey, if that is the truth I am happy to do that for her while maintaining a job. It's not much and compared to what she does, I think I have it 10x easier. My wife has managed to do all of this on her own basically, I have helped her don't get me wrong. I have sent her money and done a lot of things to help her with school (on our 10th anniversary I bought her all new school supplies and equipment for school so she could have an easier time like an Apple Tablet, Apple Watch, and Apple iPhone) I spent like 5 grand on her and sent her all the gifts as a present to show my appreciation for all her hard work and the strength she has had to maintain to hold that all down. She wants to become a doctor ND, MD so yeah she will be going to school for a mighty long time and if I ever become a homeowner it is most likely going to be because of that woman and her amazing ability to seek higher knowledge and maintain a level of intellect that continues to tower over mine but it seems our independence has become a little bit of co-dependence since we both just do not do well while we are apart and somehow we both tend to have the strength and skill-sets that the other lacks in comparison so we are like two counterparts that fit perfect together but apart are totally BROKEN lol.. We managed to make it this far though.. I have one last step! I am in the methadone clinic, and I have slowed down injecting to basically almost 0. I know this is dumb because I did a shot today but before today I hadn't had any shot for almost a week by choice because I could have totally done quite a few if I had wanted but I am really trying not to. I am trying to ride out my methadone dose as much as I can but I will admit at night I am taking small hits of fentanyl powder to curve my graving and just get myself to avoid thinking of shooting and after a few hits and nodding out and coming back from the short-lived high I go get some water and kinda sober up just enough to go to sleep safely and wake up in the morning to get right into the clinic and take my methadone dose. Idk sometimes I hate myself just because my wife is there going to the University, got a part-time job as a cashier in a CBD store that she works solo at, and runs herself for her boss who owns 2-3 stores, I guess it's a brand name chain that I will spare the name of just because it is irrelevant to this update. She worked part-time, and then she applied for a student housing grant that allowed us both to live together and both of us to be on the lease. She got approved in March... I was supposed to be there in April but I just kept not being able to pull enough money together for me to do an entire U-Haul rental, the gas, and move all of our stuff for the $2,000-$3,000. I kept only getting up to saving like $1,800 and then bills would hit plus I would be supporting a habit... So, after we started getting to the end of the year like this I just was like man this is sad... I knew something had to change and it was me, so I got myself some help and went back into treatment. She used her student loans to survive and stay afloat on top of her part-time income and whatever I could send her to help out when I could. Since my business is closed down and I no longer work IT / Consulting nor do I have any other employment at the moment. I am not able to contribute much for the time being but the idea is once I get myself out there I can start looking for work immediately and that will take a load of stress off her shoulders once I am transitioned into the methadone clinic out there and I can work. There is some good news though! The methadone clinic is literally RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from my apartment LOL Can you believe that? Almost like it is a sign or something xP!. Also, our apartment is exactly what we wished we could have while in NV we were supporting a two-bedroom trailer in a Meh/:( place. However, there was a library across from us which we both LOVED cuz we are total nerds. It was scary though because while comparing rent in Portland when we were living in our place in NV, we were just like there is no way this is going to be easy if possible at all there are just so many obstacles against us and so many things that have to go exactly right that if even one piece falls apart BOOM the whole tower and plan comes down with it let alone just hoping if we could find a spot that was exactly the same as our current bills in that place. Well, our apartment in Oregon not only is bigger, and more secure, but it is the same cost!! Actually, it is cheaper in some ways because it isn't an uninsulated/broken-down trailer that has a slumlord running the lot. It is just weird, how it is all coming together somehow.. Even with all the hardships and negative outcomes how she and I are the only pieces in our lives that seem to be right and that is on both sides I am glad it is that way for her too, I just feel like she is so strong and capable.. I do my best to keep up but she claims she doesn't need me to keep up just help her to be able to keep it all up.. So I think that is sweet of her, will always cherish that woman til the day I die, no matter where we end up or if we split off. She will forever be the one person who has taught me so much and helped me grow since I was a teenager and I couldn't thank anyone else more besides maybe my mother that's about it.. Since she has already got her tuition costs covered by her scholarship she was able to sustain herself using student loans for living expenses consulting with her student aid and financial advisors there at the college to do so and budget everything.. Man, she truly is a G when it comes to living life and just being an independent person out there.. Lol however she is right, she can't feed herself for the life of her.. Literally for the life of her, she literally just doesn't feed herself and hates to cook/choose a meal because her appetite just disappears as soon as the task at hand comes across her mind. I love to cook though and that is just second nature to me.. We have a lot of things like that for each other that go hand in hand. Actually, as a matter of fact, I guess almost every aspect of our life is like that in one way or another. Whatever one of us struggles with, the other just picks up those pieces and puts them together just right and we keep on trucking along and making progress in this journey together. being able to pick up those pieces and help one another is probably the most beautiful thing about us .. Some people would argue that point but her and I are happy and I guess that is all that matters however we do try to teach each other how to be self-sufficient and we do urge one another to learn these skills and boost ourselves in the areas we struggle in.. However, we still do take care of one another by lifting those hardships off each other's shoulders and making sure to just get the job done so we can continue living and making life easier for one another. When things get easier we focus on how to encourage the other to start getting through those hardships and identifying the problems or finding out why we struggle in that area.. So it isn't just about co-dependence it is about growth and doing what we can because we love each other.. I just put in another increase at the clinic. I am at 40 mg methadone, I started to get counseling, I called my insurance and asked about transferring my stuff over to Oregon and how that can be done so that it is seamless and doesn't create a huge lapse in my plan or cause me to go without treatment long-term. I am now working on getting everything together and getting myself all packed up, and I am committing to moving all our stuff to Portland, OR. I am so excited to be in my wife's arms again, to cook her breakfast and dinner, to love her and help support her dream of becoming a medical doctor, growing my computer business out there, building our dream home, and raising children. All the while being sober and maintaining my physical and mental health to boot. I also want to be a mental health and drug counselor. Since I Come from a long history of mental/emotional/sexual childhood abuse that has all been very traumatic.. I think I would make a great counselor and sponsor once I fix myself and reach a point where I can actually maintain a stable life and no longer give in to the influence or cravings. If I can't do it for my interest and goal to become that one day, then I will do it for myself, my wife, and my potential future children who all depend on me to be a stable husband, father, and mother who deserves to see her son become something other than just a junkie who is constantly falling flat on his face when she and I know I can be so much more and do so much more out there if I really tried hard and I gave it my all. I am committed to making this life-long journey and battle which I hope will one day be a peaceful treaty amongst myself and others to not partake instead of a war / feud between peer pressure and my own selfish desire to use and feed that next fix. Wish me luck everyone, this is the road I am on and it's one I plan to continue traveling and doing my best to help others who are lost along the way while staying sober and keeping myself afloat so that I don't start treading water myself.
To get more responses you should break your posts into paragraphs so it's easier to read.

As someone with a propensity to write huge slabs of text in the past on here, yes I'm seconding the above post please break up into smaller amounts.

To answer your question, I take buvidal at my states drug and alcohol treatment services. You didn't have an option for me to tick the box there for that about saying I've been on an injectable form of treatment and I'm happy to stay on it indefinitely, so I didn't tick a box.

Methadone can be better for some people. It's easier to abuse for others. It's really just largely a matter of personal preference.

I'm shocked only that one person is able to prescribe it at all. Where I live, ordinary GPS can do up to 10 patients on suboxone at any time. My GP usually did my treatment, but when I swapped to the injection then he stopped. But it means that over here no one has a monopoly on it - it's given out on the pharmaceutical benefits scheme (finally) and readily accessible.

I think it's wrong that the doctor told you not to have any thoughts or concerns about how your treatment was progressing. Youre an equal partner in your medical care and in decisions that affect you.

Please continue to post here if you find it useful. I'm sure that your current situation is very frustrating.