• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

From buprenorphine to methadone

Rollish

Greenlighter
Hey guys here are some info I know would have eased my mind : if anyone ever should worry about going from subs to methadone do NOT worry my friends. I know I did. A good doctor will tell you to tapper 4 mg buprenorphine per day til 8 mg and wait 24 hour then start MINIMUM 40 MG. Probably the most talented and careful doctor ever. However I did the switch 20 hours after snorting 16 MG haha just me being me stupid and shit. But guess what, I felt totally fine at 40 plus 20 mg. Even better than fine. Don't expect much tho. But I wanna say PLEASE WAIT 24 HOUR AFTER YOUR LAST DOSE 8mg sub and start with 40mg and if you are like me just make sure you take a little extra. Buprenorphine is very misleading by so many.

Hope I ease some hearts with this information anxiety is a bitch. PS WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T TAKE SUBS AFTER METHADONE. GOD bless and thank you for this forum it has helped me countless times. Peace.

I'm taking 16mg daily, I also have a very cool and understanding doc. He's asked me to try get to a low dose probably 8mg will be fine. I have bad back pain and been on subs for two years. Now my pain is getting to the point should I switch to methadone I'm sure he's not going to prescribe me 60mg a day more like 40mg a day. I'm afraid of it not giving me pain relief once I'm stable on it. I'm sure it's better then what I'm currently on. But I'm also afraid of my addiction going back to what it was, I was chasing a high that was not there I was on 200 mg methadone a day it was horrible side effects and fatigue set in. I love the energy opiates used to give me. Subutex which is what I'm currently taking does give me that here and there mostly in the afternoon which I believe it's from me taking 2-4mg every 3-4 hours thru out the day! Any advise would be appreciated!

God is good and god bless you my fellow blue lighter!!