• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

French fitness blogger dies after exploding cream dispenser strikes her in the chest

spacejunk

Bluelight Crew
i don't know if this technically relates to drug use (maybe she was whipping cream? it isn't clear in the article) but it should be a warning to all the nitrous oxide fans out there.
compressed gas in nitrous bulbs has always freaked me out a bit, and this sadly confirms some of my worst anxieties about doing nangs :(

scary, and sad.

French fitness blogger dies after exploding cream dispenser strikes her in the chest

8643094-3x2-940x627.jpg

A French fitness blogger has been killed after a whipped cream dispenser exploded, striking her in the chest.

Rebecca Burger's death was announced by her family on her Facebook and Instagram accounts, as well as on her website where she blogged her travel, fashion and food interests.

"It is with great sadness that we announce Rebecca's death … following a domestic accident," the post on her social media accounts read.

Written in French, the post said that a "chantilly siphon exploded and struck Rebecca's thorax, resulting in her death".

It was accompanied by a warning to "not use this kind of utensil in your home" and a claim that "several tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation".

Dangers well known according to consumer magazine

French online consumer website 60 Millions claim to have published several articles warning of the dangers of the dispensers before the incident which killed Ms Burger.

"In the space of four years we have counted more than 20 accidents with the siphon...and in seven years about 60 accidents," the website claims.

Injuries listed include "loss of an eye, broken teeth, tinnitus, multiple fractures in the face or the chest [sic]."

The young blogger was well-known, having accumulated more than 56,000 Facebook followers and 158,000 Instagram followers.

Many fans paid tribute to her on social media after the announcement was made.

"I can't believe it! I've been on her Instagram for a few years now. A beautiful woman, full of life. All my condolences to the family," Eric Mastrangelo wrote on her Facebook page.

"I offer my sincere condolences. One more angel in heaven. Courage to all of you," Sev Devo wrote.

French media are reporting the cause of death as cardiac arrest triggered by the impact to Ms Burger's chest from the exploding canister.

Earlier this year a stuntman was killed while filming a music clip in Brisbane after the shockwave from a blank bullet shot at close range struck his chest.

ABC News Australia

So it was the canister and not the bulb itself if I'm reading that right?

Maybe those shitty hand crackers are better after all.

Sad tho.

I used to have that exact cracker...

The family posted pics of the canister. All pieces were intact. Not sure what "exploded".

The family posted pics of the canister. All pieces were intact. Not sure what "exploded".

Where can i find a pic of the canister or brand¿

Also doubt a fitness model touches cream let alone milk...she was def using nitrous

What's more likely for a model to use ? Drugs or high fat cream?

Click the link and scroll down. There's no brand.. but not sure what exploded. Top pieces are plastic so definitely would have broke.

I bet she was using multiple charges at the same time and the back pressure blew a cartridge into her chest as she unscrewed it too load another.

^that is a good theory. I have a name brand steel one because i didnt want crap plastic breaking. I also have a healthy fear of high pressure so i dont load more then 2 at a time and thats only if im walking with it (i inhale it on park trails and stuff tripping) otherwise one charger is one lung full. This incident shows you can be killed by nitrous if your not doing anything seemingly too dangerous, even if its a projectile shot at high velocity its still unique to using nitrous.