• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Foreign Drug Scenes

Is there really no heroin in Japan? That is very interesting.

Yeah I kinda find this amazing too. Seems to me the mob there could rake in millions setting up fake fishing or cargo shipping companies, sailing down to Rangoon or Guangxi province China, and moving in some quality gear -- 100% of their land-border-less homeland's market share %)

Not that it's worth the price in human suffering.

I'm just saying. It would seem to make good business sense.

Opiates are absolutely demonized in China. You're the lowest of the low if you use them recreationally, and people there don't even smile upon using them for pain. I took a course on post-Meiji Japanese history once, and I can tell you there was no epidemic of opium addiction like in China recently. But the cultural attitude could still be similar. I always associated Japanese people with cigarettes and speed.

Good posting Spucky :). Good to see some people on here know what they're talking about =D. I've just return from living in Japan and it was my 4th visit there. I'd agree with Spucky that it'll probably be better to go for a trip over to somewhere like Bangkok for a wkend (flights are SO cheap) and have a good time over there. I also agree with taking drugs over there just 'seems wrong'. They're such nice people and I feel like I'm disrespecting the whole country doing it there, lol.

While I was there I found ecstasy to be quite prevalent. But that could just be the places I were going (clubs). What I also found interesting was that there weren't too many drugs in the gay scene, well not compared to Aus anyway. :\

Obviously drugs in Japan would be more experensive then somewhere like America, it's an island so it'll have to be imported (mostly :)) Also prescription drugs are easily come by (either by buying or just going to the doctor) so my sources say. Actually I was in Shinjuku and a mate and I walked passed a guy with mushies on a foldout table, out the front of the train station (near the big, metal lion. Anyone living in Japan will know where I'm talking about =D) Needless to say we were very surprised, but didn't buy any.

I was surprised just a few weeks ago half a dozen students are expelled from the Uni I went to for drug usage, on campus, during class time. 8)

There aren 't many cops at all in Japan.
Huh? You've been to Japan right? Even second corner has a 交番! lol.

And the ones you see, many of them are very small and short lol. I've seen cops, many, many cops, who are like 70+ years old and 4 feet tall.
But I'd agree with this! =D (except maybe around the 山手線, I've seen quite beefy officers around there!)

I have very rarely scored from a stranger, so rarely that i can remember all the times I have.

Yeh, if you're ever approached by someone asking for drugs I'd put money on it they're an undercover.

In terms of Aussie drugs, where I live, e plentiful. Although there's no (not many?) street dealers if you've got at least one friend, they'll know someone who can get it - only once removed I've found.
@monsterman - sounds similar to here.

if even half the strangers that had approached me to buy drugs were undercovers there would be an exponential amount more cops here than there actually are.

Whoever said that Spain and Italy are the largest consumers of cocaine is wrong.
The largest consumption of cocaine in Europe is in the U.K!!!

There is lots and lots of coke, some very good coke in Europe. Its mainly the Eastern European countries where coke may be harder to find. The likes of U.K, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, France, Belguim... is full of it. Most of the coke in the U.K will probably have come via Holland or Spain where it is easier to get good price and high quality, but the U.K is the largest consumer.

Best places for REAL ecstacy pills obviously Holland(the largest producer of MDMA in the world) and the surrounding countries.

i dunno about japan or china, but this is what i know about manila,

the drug scene, in my opinion is very social-class specific. for example:

meth is sort of a low class drug. like if you've smoked meth here, people would think that you're a poor person from the slums. if you watch the news, police reports will usually be about thugs on meth getting involved in small time robbery and the like. (i'm not passing judgement on guys who dig meth, just sharing the scene here)
pot is generally for the young and i think the most common. it's sort of universal and not social-class specific. scoring good pot is fairly easy. almost a staple when going to the beach.
mdma, ket are of course entwined with the club/rave scene. mid to upper class.
coke is sort of more underground cause the shit's way expensive here!
and to be honest, i haven't met anyone who's ever tried heroin. i think it's not easy to find heroin here.

damn it, i feel like i just did a report on drug market research haha

In Japan you can just go on the anonymous message board that we aint naming here It reminds me of when I was in university and all I had to do was log on to AIM and I'd have five instant messages asking if I wanted something.

But back to the topic, foreign drug scene, the huge message used by the Japanese here in Japan to search and sell drugs. Pretty damn convenient. I'm going to meet up with a guy to get a 0.1 gram of S (shabu = crystal meth) for 10,000 yen. I'll be posting back here if I'm not entrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Interesting, considering that RC's were what the japanese were really into, which is ordered online and whatnot anyways.

I think Kandy K / Psychedlicious / Ms. BootyBump could explain best the drug scene in Japan, her trip reports of using RCs all the time in Japan are out of this world.

There's only a lot of police in Tokyo, and not really that many when you compare it to Washington DC or an airport. Don't even remember seeing police in Hiroshima or Kyushu.

My experience of drugs in Japan (Tokyo):

Bums in Yoyogi koen sometimes had weed, and I had heard of people buying Shabu there, but had never tried myself. I've seen people smoking in Yoyogi too, but usually in the far hidden reaches or in the middle of the night. I was very surprised to smell people smoking in public, but I think because it is much less common there probably a lot of people don't recognize the smell.

Also, there are plenty of "head shops" in Harajuku and back alleys of Shibuya. Usually tucked in a loft above somewhere respectable, but not too hard to find if youre adventuring around. I assume that means there must be a market for these things somewhere. Honestly, I think most Japanese drug users are very underground about it, but the prevalence of these shops must mean they are out there.

The only time I was blatantly aware of drugs being bought / sold / avaliable other than in Yoyogi koen was in Kabuki-cho, right around the corner from a police box actually. I'm assuming by the scene though that it was probably meth. It was pretty sketchy and I wouldn't reccomend it. I was pretty surprsied that the only real drugs I encountered were weed and meth though, as I expected to find a bunch of RCs. I was also romantically hoping to go over there and stumble upon opium dens, but never found anything close.

Overall consensus is that Japan is not the place to go for drug tourism, haha. Over the counter dihydrocodeine, though, made me not bother too much with illegal drugs. A little pricey but not too bad really.

Yea I had prostitutes approach me in Shibuya. I guess Yoyogi is where all the young people are, but I wouldn't have guessed to go there.

Odd enough, when I went to Japan like 6 years ago, when I was skateboarding in Hiroshima Memorial Park some guys approached me and a couple other skaters with a hashjoint for a few puffs.

By the way, how's the drug scene in Italy and Switzerland/Geneva? I'd thing the 'international' status of places like Rome and Geneva would maybe attract a lot?

^ That link is daaated. The situation must have changed....surely tae fuck it must have.

Im from Europe but I go to school in the US so I am in both places almost the same amount of time during a year, and one drug that is not as popular as it is in the US is weed for sure. I can find xtc anytime, coke and lots of heroin ... but I can barely find any weed. pks and other pills can sometimes be bought at shadier/smaller pharmacies.

^ It must be just your circle of friends. Everyone I know and their grandmother smokes hash or weed, people from all walks of life too.
But thankfully meth and crack are not popular. Heroin makes up for them though.

when i lived in japan (about nine years ago now) i used a fair bit of shabu (ice / crystal meth). it was expensive but often of good quality. i even once found a baggie of it on the street, right in front of my feet, at the crossing, waiting for the red light to go green while on my way to work.

mushrooms were available otc at the time. as was peyote.

never had weed there but i had a connection for good quality black squidgy nepalese-style hash, though it was very expensive.

E was available, apparently, but i didn't use it at that time.

I remember being a little naughty sometimes. Once I smoked a joint at an indoor Orb gig, and I occasionally had a toot of meth off my foil in club toilets and once even right under a camera on an undeground train platform.

^ Hehe yeah, I got really careless about chiefing a nice big bowl of weed in public in Taiwan, because it was such an unpopular and unknown drug there (though I had a good, consistent source for it). Never had the balls to smoke on the Taipei Metro, but there were definitely cameras in some alleys and street markets where I'd do it, and nobody seemed to care.

Wouldn't do it that anymore if I ever went back, though. Nor in Japan -- the police there scare me.

South Auckland, NZ Drug Culture

In New Zealand, weed and meth are the most popular/available.

Weed has very little social stigma and you'll find most people smoke/tolerate smokers. Meth on the other hand has a big stigma, but there is also a HUGE meth scene with people levels of society, it is very secretive. We have street dealers, but i have little experience with these as I look very young and no need ;-). There are lots of house dealers where you can go and chill/smoke but usually run by scum bags and the standard of meth is disgusting, MSM is unused but the equally bad B12 is the norm.

Opiates have a big(ger) stigma, and herion is hard to come by as people like the keep to themselves about it, I've aquired a lot of different prescription pills but this was by luck and I have yet to find a steady supply of any scripts (except Ritalin 8))

GHB (Juice) is becoming increasingly popular for both recreational and rape use. It is most likely going to be GBL your getting in your "juice" a posed to GHB.

I feel a large percentage of drug users in New Zealand are very uneducated about drugs, heaps of the classic drug war propaganda "facts" (E drains spinal fluid, acid burns holes in your brain etc) are believed by 20-30 Y/o's

Cocaine is very uncommon among low/middle class but apparently popular among high class, I've been offered to buy it once at... *drum roll*... $900 a gram.

Peace

I used to know of a pharmacy near the boarder in TJ that would sell you anything without a prescription as recently as 2006. It wasn't to hard to get scrips out of local Drs, though. Baja California has recently become a very dangerous place so I try to avoid going down there these days. Mr. Roosevelt, the op, wanted to keep the focus on countries outside the USA, but its interesting that in the US, inspite of all its zeal in prosecuting the drug war, has a whole lot of medications that are available from MDs by script such as desoxyn, various short acting barbituates, potent narcotic formulations, ect... that are unavailable in alot of other countries. Even cocaine is used in medicine, although its applications are limited mostly to ENT surgery and stoping nose bleeds. There must be docs prescribing these drugs because the market for them is sufficiently strong that a pharmaceutical company is willing to go through the effort of producing them Its just a matter of finding the right dr and the lack of a socialized medical system, i think, facilitates this. When I can get 100 2 mg Xanax bars for the cost of my copay, it eliminates my incentive to make the short trip to TJ. In the caribbean, I went on a cruise in 06' and I was able to score weed in Antigua, British Virgin Islands, St Martin/Maarten (French side), and St Thomas (which is actually US soil but some might consider it a foreign destination.) Had dope/methadone so didn't look for this but its probably not to easy to find on the streets. Getting back to Mexico I got smoke down in a place called Rocky Point ( Puerto Peneasco) which is a resort town on the sea of cortez. It was easy to find but into our trip we had the cops role up on us when we were smoking. I had visions of a midnight express situation because the laws for possession of canabis are harsh but we got off with paying a $30.00 bribe. They wanted more but that is all we had between us so they took it. Also, lately i have met alot of dope fiends who would go down to TJ to cop and the consenses was that that there was less heat and hasels than the US. One guy I met went down there for 2 years and said, ironically, he didn't have any legal problems until he came back to the US. Personally, I'd rather not take my chances down there but its irrelevant, I guess, because Im staying clean these days.