• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants For those who have experienced IV Amphetamine Sulfate Powder (speed)

Earlier on we had a discussion about this, where someone insisted that "regardless of precursors, production method, color or texture of product, the active ingredient is always amphetamine sulphate, and it will feel the same to inject". I strongly disagree, though I believe that amphetamine sulphate is the active ingredient, the high and feeling will vary greatly depending on what type of speed you are doing.

In my experience,
yellow speed has a "kick" and makes me manic, very talkative, obsessive- and "speedy". White speed makes me more "stoned" and relaxed- pink speed tends to be very strong and release lots of adrenaline.
Color really hasn't got any correlation with either quality nor effects, at least not in any consistent manner. I think those kinda of things are mostly in ones head, like expectation influencing what one feels. That is not to say it isn't significant.

Obviously, quality is an issue and living in the UK, the quality of our sulphate has been notoriously bad for years. However, I first got into shooting it in the early 80s and that was using product that was excellent using oral or intra nasal ROAs. I found the IV route to be qualitatively different and tbh, inferior. The only reason I carried on doing it was because of needle fetish and the fact I was damaging my sinuses from snorting so much. To me, the 'rush' wasn't really a proper rush, more of a rapid onset without the discomfort of nasal irritation and unpleasant drip.

If it's colored, it's due to an impurity(ies), because pure amphetamine is a white powder or clear crystals. So different colors of speed may indeed produce different effects but my hunch is that it's because it's not all that's in there.

Interesting how some are saying there is a great rush and some are saying there isn't one.

Bumping this thread, because I'm very curious - I have litteraly never encountered anyone who has injected speed and says it has no rush. We need to get to the bottom of this.

In my country the quality of speed is actually very good, there's always top notch product around if you bother to look around for more than 5 min. Usually 10 min is enough ?
I'm very surprised at everyone here saying that shooting sulphate does not produce a rush. I assume it is a quality issue, because I can assure you amphetamine has given me the most powerful rushes in my whole life (and I was shooting dope for around 8 years before I switched to speed).

If I get speed from any one of my dealers and don't/barely feel a rush when I shoot it, I call them up immediately, and once I tell them the issue I expect them to give me a new bag free of charge, from a good batch this time, and throw in a gram or two extra for my trouble, and I wouldn't mind an apology. And it has happened exactly like I describe it, even though last time was pretty far back.
If I talk to anyone who injects amphetamine and tell them about speed with no rush, we both know I'm talking about shit product. The rush is exactly the reason why most who inject it do it.

@OP I will be happy to answer any questions you have, including the ones you posted above. I will have to do it a bit later though.
How many mgs would you need to get a rush then? Maybe it requires a 3ML syringe adn can't be done with IU's in a slin pin? Guess, the stuff I have is crap, huh?

A) Onset/rush: within seconds, faster than heroin IIRC. Sometimes the rush hits me while I am still in the process of injecting and have half of the solution still to go. The rush can typically lasts around a minute or even several minutes at higher dosages. If it's quality speed the rush can be very powerful indeed.
This is followed by regular speediness, which typically lasts for 4-6 hours, and which feels more or less like any other ROA in my opinion.
B) Euphoria: I use daily now, so euphoria isn't really something I get to experience anymore, but once in a while I get super product and that can still hit me hard. I remember in the beginning though, when the euphoria was more or less unmatched by any other drug I have tried.
C) Sexual appetite: Strong. Nothing gets me as hard or horny as speed. But it is in no way uncontrollable or bothersome.
D) Comparison with meth: I have never tried meth (as far as I am aware). Some lousy speed is said to be cut with meth to potentiate/stretch it, but I have never felt any difference in effects that would make me suspect my speed has meth in it.
E) Negative side effects: I sleep almost every night and eat healthy amounts of food, so the insomnia and lack of appetite have completely disappeared for me. There's the issue of IV-related complications, but after 10 years of IV-ing I have yet to have any abcesses or other issues, due to correct technique, proper care, and sheer luck. Also I can feel a bit uneasy among people (like riding the subway), that kinda sucks.
F) Dosages: I usually do 0.3-0.4 g shots, sometimes less if it's really good product, but never more. Some people love the rush and do 1 g shots or more, but that has never seemed interesting enough to me to try it, as I see the rush more as an added bonus and not the point of shooting in itself.
5 g lasts me a week if I make no effort to limit my intake.

I hope I could help, if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to ask.
ahhh, so the problem then was dose being way to small. Basically, I need a 3ML syringe vs an Insulin syringe, correct?

ahhh, so the problem then was dose being way to small. Basically, I need a 3ML syringe vs an Insulin syringe, correct?
What was your dose per shot, and how is the quality around where you live?
As for your syringe size; most speed users around here, including myself, use 5 ml syringes. I feel they are too large and would prefer 3 ml like you said, but the next size down is 2 ml and for me that's just a tad too small for comfort. 1 ml insulin syringes are not something I would consider a viable alternative for injecting street speed.

Pure amphetamine sulphate (maximum purity being ~80% IIRC due to synthesis byproducts) dissolves at a ratio of 1 part amphetamine in 8.8 parts water, meaning 1 gram of amphetamine will need 8.8 ml water in order to dissolve completely.
However, in street grade amphetamine that has a purity of 20% for example (which would be considered to be rather good speed by most users), the rest is made up of cuts, byproducts of synthesis, and leftover precursor chemicals. All those may have a higher or lower solubility than the amphetamine does, and so may require more or less water to dissolve. Keep in mind however that a completely clear solution is not necessarily a good or bad thing and may say little about purity of your speed.

A common rule of thumb where I live is to use 1 ml of water for each 100 mg (0.1 g) of speed. In my opinion that is excessive and unnecessary as it exceeds even pure amphetamine solubility and creates huge solutions (a commonly used 0.5 g shot would already be 5 ml, which would take a long time to inject and I just don't have patience for fucking around with bullshit considering it will result in a weaker rush and higher risk of missing part of the shot.

This is my standard procedure which I use every day including right now when I am about to prepare a nice shot of some fresh speed I just got. It's from a batch that I consider to be of very good quality:
1) I weigh out 0.35 g for a good, moderately strong dose, as it has been close to 9 hours since my last one.
2) Add 2-2.5 ml of fresh cold water.
3) Stir it until it's all liquid and draw it up through a cotton and lower grade micron filter (Sterifilt 10 µm) into a 5 ml syringe.
4) Attach an orange 25G needle and shoot the clear solution quickly but steadily.
5) Breathe heavily and smile, probably saying "oh mama" as the rush hits me.
6) Clean works with my hands still shaking, smile again. Lastly I save the cotton filter I used for a rainy day flush. I do recommend you rrying my method, except saving cottons. It's risky and can have negative consequences.

Good luck bro! Let me know if you need another huge wall of text or something!

@damphanduk sounds very similar to how we did/my mate always does it. Even down to the 'oh mama' hahaha. Although we would always add a little heat while stiring. Sometimes not even needing to stir... How come you don't add heat?
Also we didn't double filter. But he does save all his used ones up for a rainy day flush like you ☔😉

a commonly used 0.5 g shot would already be 5 ml
damn, 5ml is quite abit, thankgod morphine and hydromorph are so water soluble that i don't ever need more than 3-4ml tops for my solutions which i tend to do my best to make it 2 so i can go with the smaller rig which is easier on the veins

@damphanduk sounds very similar to how we did/my mate always does it. Even down to the 'oh mama' hahaha. Although we would always add a little heat while stiring. Sometimes not even needing to stir... How come you don't add heat?
Also we didn't double filter. But he does save all his used ones up for a rainy day flush like you ☔😉
Mosr of the time I don't heat the solution because there is no need to, as I expect the substance to be amphetamine, which dissolves in cold water as stated in my previous post. Only reason to heat for me is to make the solution more concentrated, as amphetamine (like most other substances) dissolves more readily in hot water. I will actually try to fit 0.3 g in 1 ml when I get home just to see how well it works. My veins are fucked up, and I like the amount of solution I have to inject to be as small as possible.
Keep in mind any adulterants may also dissolve at higher temperatures, passing into the solution (magnesium stearate being the most infamous one).

In regards to keeping the cottons, I usually leave them rather saturated and sometimes even add a drop or two from my syringe. 5-6 of those I count as equivalent to a normal size dose. The most important thing to remember when reusing cotton filters is to let them dry out before placing them in an air tight container such as a ziplock baggie, minimizing the risk of bacterial growth. If you place them in the freezer immediately and keep them there until using, I guess it's more or less the same thing, but I prefer doing both - drying and then keeping in the freezer. The speed does not evaporate or any nonsense like that, but crystallizes inside the cottons. Before mashing them I always cut them in tiny pieces.

@damphanduk youd be surprise how much u can fit in a 1ml if you heat and shoot quick.

I've seen my mate do near a gram in a 1ml plenty of times lol

Obviously, quality is an issue and living in the UK, the quality of our sulphate has been notoriously bad for years. However, I first got into shooting it in the early 80s and that was using product that was excellent using oral or intra nasal ROAs. I found the IV route to be qualitatively different and tbh, inferior. The only reason I carried on doing it was because of needle fetish and the fact I was damaging my sinuses from snorting so much. To me, the 'rush' wasn't really a proper rush, more of a rapid onset without the discomfort of nasal irritation and unpleasant drip.
Yo message me please fubar

It greatly depends on the speed, but a good dose will send shivers trough your whole body and provide a big rise in mental activity and a fast onset of euphoria, it's extremely addictive ("addict"-"IV")

It greatly depends on the speed, but a good dose will send shivers trough your whole body and provide a big rise in mental activity and a fast onset of euphoria, it's extremely addictive ("addict"-"IV")
This happens anytime i take over 600mg of adderall orally aswell (half of it sublingually give or take) i'll feel a chill, like an electric shock flowing to every part of my body, then the thunder hits the brain and you feel a surge of dopamine that can bring a bear back to life after you beat it to death to get your adderall bottle back... theres nothing quite like that electric amphetamine feeling, but one can only experience this orally if theyre extremely stimulant tolerant, do not attempt to take my dosages, i'm a very heavy crack cocaine user, amphetamine user / high dose - pain managment

Stay safe
~Zonxx

I remember the rush from IV amphetamine sulfate starting like a surge up my spine to my brain rather than just a mental thing. It would give me a shiver as opposed to a cough like meth.

And remember, speed is hygroscopic, and will turn yellow with time as it "dries", until all that's left is so3. So keep your speed in the freezer and dry day by day doses, 2-3g max for 20-30 doses of IV with high tolerance and downers. If after daily-use your piss doesn't start smelling of sulfur you're drinking enough. (At least 2l per gram if you want to stay out of trouble), but 'it"s also a sign that you're dealing with sulphate. Watch out for speed drying as it can create SO3 which if enters the brain basically turns it to ashes.

One thing I could recommend is the biografie of Herman Brood by Bart Chabot, or his you tube interviews,

Herman was our national speedfreak and rock & roll junkie. An Artist totally into IV use of Amphetamine.

Last edited: