• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

For the people who were bitching about melbournes public traansport...

streetsurfer

Ex-Bluelighter
You must be high! You don't know just how good you have it, seriously.
Oh you poor thing having to pay a whole $5 to ride the trams and trains all day, come to sydney and then you can enjoy paying $13 just for the bus's alone, its like $20 for bus train ferry pass. And rude?? You don't know rude till you have dealt with Sydneys arsehole bus drivers. The mutherfuckers deliberately watch you as are moving in the bus and wait till you are mid step and off balance then hit the breaks or the gas and try to knock you off your feet. Not to mention the filthy state of the decades old buss fleet, or the noise and pollution they make.
And you talk about power tripping ticket inspectors, come to sydney and have a run in with the gestapo mutherfuckers we have to deal with there.
And late trams, HA! In sydney half the time bus's don't even turn up! In melbourne you walk to a tram stop (which is never further than a block) and 9 times out of 10 there is a tram there within minutes! As for the trains, most of them are 30 years old double decked vinal seated unairconditioned pieces of shit that rattle your fillings out in Sydney.
In melbourne, they are clean, and quiet and cool and modern and the automated announcements don't make you feel like your trapped in some orwillian nightmare..... ....Did I mention that you can breathe the air in melbourne and how awesome it is that you have achictects rather than acountants that design your buildings?

End rant.....for now

It's a case of grass is greener. People in Melbourne compare the public transport here to systems in Europe and complain that trains and trams aren't even more frequent here. Ever read a local paper, especially the free mX one and you'll see all the letters about it.

I'm pretty happy with PT in Melbourne, used it pretty much all my life, of course it could be better, but it could be a whole lot worse.

clearly public transport in sydney and melbourne is actually fine compared to the rest of the nation !!!

although sydney central shuts down before 2am if i recall correctly .. utter disgrace.

btw - public transport should be free!! (for the 8 zillionth time ;))

i never complained about melbourne's public transport system's performance, i agree with the others that its quite good. i just tend not to pay the fares when i get on the trams. and i dont want to pay the fines. its not logical i know but yea

streetsurfer: In Sydney, just buy a weekly ticket... they're pretty cheap (when compared to buying a daily one).

OMG don't get me started on Sydney public transport!!!!!! Cityrail are my fucking archenemies, SRSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since spending time in Sydney, I have so much appreciation for the awesome public transport choices and availability we have in Melbourne....I may complain about train nazis (and Melbourne's inspectors are like guardian angels sent from Heaven compared to the fascist scumbags that work for Cityrail), but I will never ever complain about the state of Melbourne's pt when I have Sydney's to compare it to...

The only thing that Sydney has over Melbourne public transport-wise is the Nightrider buses that run all night every night...that is such an awesome idea that Melbourne should totally copy. Other than that it is about as pleasurable an experience as jabbing skewers into your eyeballs and then letting flies lay maggots in the rotting sockets.

Raz said:
OMG don't get me started on Sydney public transport!!!!!! Cityrail are my fucking archenemies, SRSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since spending time in Sydney, I have so much appreciation for the awesome public transport choices and availability we have in Melbourne....I may complain about train nazis (and Melbourne's inspectors are like guardian angels sent from Heaven compared to the fascist scumbags that work for Cityrail), but I will never ever complain about the state of Melbourne's pt when I have Sydney's to compare it to...

The only thing that Sydney has over Melbourne public transport-wise is the Nightrider buses that run all night every night...that is such an awesome idea that Melbourne should totally copy. Other than that it is about as pleasurable an experience as jabbing skewers into your eyeballs and then letting flies lay maggots in the rotting sockets.

As you say, it's best not to start ;)

Entirely deficient, but hey, they run the rail network like they run of the rest of the state. And they get paid bucketloads to fuck everything up.

/puts his hand u p for a job in public office

meh, you think Sydney and Melbourne has shitty public transport try Perth. Trains don't go to over 1/2 the suburbs, probably more like 3/4 actually.

Perth's public transport isn't bad given the low population density.

$5!, what!., I payed $9/day in melbs, depends on where you live and your destination brother. I like PT in melburn. Except for them trams that make them horrible screeching sounds when they turn the corner, I'd wish they oil the wheels on them suckers.

And can someone confirm this $13 dollars for a bus ride in sydney?, I've never been to sydney, I think thats shit. What if you only travel just up the street?

Last edited:
I was so impressed with Melbourne's PT. In fact, I kept saying just that to all these random people in Melbourne and they kept giving me the, 'that's nice, dear' smile. Seriously though it's quick, 10x cleaner than Sydney's and 100x more reliable. It was also much easier to work out than Sydney's stupid fucking buses.

agreed that melbournes trams are much much better than buses, but at least you guys have some services after midnight, melbourne after midnight is taxi or nothing = suxor.

i have been screwed so many times by melbournes train system its not funny, and i barely ever catch PT. If it worse than sydney then i feel sorry for sydney people, but both systems need to be alot better.
We need to have a system that actually runs trains every 10 minutes or so, rather than every 30-35 minutes. Not that its even comparabile, but when i was in NEW YORK I never had to wait more than 4 minutes to get a train on the subway.

Relevance = 100% :)

Melbourne P.T.C. - H-Block 101

Graffitti on the walls and chewie on the seat
Little dingy corners where the homies like to meet
The senate said yes - I said no
Going on the Footscray line but I don't want to go

Got to get a train and I want one straight away
But there isn't any schedule in sight
Been here half an hour and that's all I'm going to wait
Those bloody drivers never seem to get it right
At the Melbourne PTC

Rudeness all around me - looking straight ahead
Granny sitting next to me - ignoring what I said
Girly in the backseat - she's looking like a waif
Public mode of transport - I hear it isn't safe!

I visited Sydney recently... I like the new picture on the train tickets of all the train lines tied up in a knot, with a caption talking about 'solving the congestion problem'. At least Sydney Rail can have a laugh at it's own expense.

Melbourne's public transport is really great but it will be interesting to see how the introduction of the Myki system goes. People will have to 'scan on' and then 'scan off' their tickets when they get on and off buses and trams. Hopefully it will be smoother than the change to the Metcard system.

We do have late night buses on weekends though (the Nightrider) but later trains and trams would be a good idea which I think they are seriously considering implementing.

I lived in sydney for over three yrs and their pt system is just as unreliable as melbournes. They each have their downfalls.

But telling people to stop whinging about paying a $5 ticket?

Fuck off seriouslly...have you even researched how much we in each state pay?? There really isn't that much difference in costing.

I pay for a two hour zone one and two OVER $5 let alone if i need a zone 3! Then it goes up to $10. A daily 1 2 is nearlly $10.

Like stated in the other thread...when you pay $50 + a week or more...then you have the right to complain. This week alone pt has cost me $100. But im happy with melbournes pt system as i need it to get around.

Melbs trains are cleaner than sydneys trains and are more reliable...but it has its faults yes. But i dont sit here and complain. Why? Because i need puiblic transport. Id be fucked without it. Doesnt mean i want a lesser quality train to use. No. It just means that i expect to pay nearlly $15 just to get from fucking Lilydale to Flinders.

At least they are abolishing Zone 3 fares soon.

KK and Shorza: yeah i figured they would do that :\ So really not that much benefit to the public at all.

*starfalls69* said:
Like stated in the other thread...when you pay $50 + a week or more...then you have the right to complain.

Erm, not really. $50/ week really isn't that much for unlimited transport.