For all ravers

XmarXthespot

Bluelighter
I get in from work last night and turn on the news there is a piece on raves in philly so they start talking about how all of us kids do all these drugs. Then they have the ballz to send a hidden camera in space. The news start to warn parents not to let their children go. They were talking about how girls walk around naked with glitter and body paint on there breasts why don't they just leave us the fuck alone, shit they were young fucking hippies in the 60's and 70's doing whatever the fuck they wanted so all you news fucks and anyone who has shit the say i think method man and limp bizkit summed it up best "SHUT THE FUCK UP"
plur

RIGHT ON!!!
------------------
"I'll say give it up, I'll say never stop, you'll keep reaching for reaching for the top"

couple weeks ago a news channel did a report on raves here, they actually did a GOOD job for once, they said that yes their are drugs at raves, but not everybody does them, they interviewed some kids and one girl said "yes their are drugs here, but where arent drugs? its not like your child is going to go to a rave to do their first drug there, theyre going to try drugs long before they go to a rave, so its like they said raves will happen, drugs just show up at them
"whatever it is i think i see, becomes a tootsie roll to me"

We had a hackjob on the news around here too, they used to do smear stories on any club that held raves the friggin mayor eventually shut one club down and another place that held them bi-weekly got shut down even after the cops beat the hell outta some guy and got away with it!! it was most definately bad.
smaddy

http://www.msnbc.com/local/wcau/default.asp
somewhere there is the nbc story that you're talking about... the last time i was at space was when that camera was there... they were supposedly doing a follow-up report or -something- but i never saw it.
my friend has that news piece on tape tho
wink.gif

I really can't believe some of the shit that gets broadcast on TV... And it's not just the straight media, or just raves... I watched a program on MTV about hackers... It wound up being a total glam peice on teenagers who *f* with authority rather than an objective view of the culture... It's the same wherever you go... If you participate in something that is outside the mainstream people are going to assume that it is both dangerous and subversive to all accepted systems of values... What are you gonna do... I've seen so many of the things that I do trashed on TV it's ridiculous. Especially when it comes to drugs... If you can believe this. Not only are there hundreds of thousands of anti-drug ads all over the place, I just watched a progrma last night saying that Narcotics Anonymous was nothing more than a waypoint for addicts to clean themselves up a little so they could keep on using. It's all f'ed up.
Whateva...
PLUR

Yah, media coverage of raves rilly tends to piss me off. The first party I went to was Tilt 2, which was an AWESOME party btw, but it also sucked coz Two Tigers productions was bribed to let media guys come in undercover with hidden cameras to do a story... And they TOTALLY did the whole 'we're all idiot junkie kids giving eachother date rape drugs and being lewd and sinful' prospective... I guess they even caught some kids who were rollin and luvved up so they were rubbin on each other a little... Channel 10 tried to make it sound like there was public orgies going on when all these kids were doing was being cuddly and shit... Grr. I dunno, it really bugs me that these idiot reporters were able to be emersed in the rave scene and still miss the mark so badly... and I feel betrayed by Two Tigers productions. I'm sorry, but that was just selling out to the extreme.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Just like smaddy said, my area had a phat club ( kaos ), and my anouther place ( my old job ) that held some phat bi-weekly raves. the papers would trash the hell out of both of them, and they both got shut down about a month later. the same night my boss, and a good friend got the shit beaten out of them for no reason by under cover cops who didnt even show a badge. leaving us without a local party till asylum took kaos's place. the fucking media twists everything around just so they can look good for the middle-aged viewers who want nothing more then seeing kids get in trouble. i think it would be great if they started doing reports how there are very rarely acts of violence at raves and how everyone treats everyone else with dignity and respect, I have never seen that in any normal booty club, or bar.
------------------
Spider...Tom...Shibz

They would like nothing better to completely eliminate out entire culture. Chicago is confined to only 2 venues(that don't get busted), they are both in the friggin getto too! Cops wait outside and pull over all the cars that leave, the judges don't seem to care that this is illegal! Soon the whole nation will have an anti-rave law! It's stupid ass baby boomers that buy into the propaganga and call city officials complaining. We're loseing our freedom soo fast, because of these facists! Sorry to get so mad but I really really love our scene, I don't wan't to be stuck with boring ass bars and clubs.
Keep the faith alive!