• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Foquest

Much2lose

Bluelighter
Does anyone have much experience with Foquest? I have been on it for 3 months. 2.5 months on 70mgs. I feel that a tolerance does build up as it doesn’t seem to work as well as it did the first month- in regards to focus for work, remaining alert, keeping thoughts aligned etc. There doesn’t seem to be much chatter here on Foquest so hoping to hear from others of their experience using this medication for adult ADHD. Thank you 😊

Unfortunately that's a pretty common - almost universal - experience among those who use stimulants for ADHD. Do you take any tolerance breaks, weekends off etc? That really does help reset the sensitivity if done often enough ime.

The misleading title that uses a brand name made me think this was about dextro-Methylphenidate.

But its just Methylphenidate time released. So you could also look for experiences with Concerta and Medikinet, which are a lot alike.

But my personal view is Methylphenidate suck's for ADHD. IR or XR. If you really need a crutch dextro-Amphetamine or at least dextro-Methylphenidate are preferable.

No experience with XR or dextro-Methylphenidate though. But Ritalin suck's Donkey ass.

Thank you to both of you!
CFC- I have not taken any tolerance breaks, but now that you suggest them, I will think about taking weekends off. I don’t want to increase dosage.
Emkee_reinvented- appreciate the insight, will talk to my doctor about this, if I still struggle after some tolerance breaks.

Thank you to both of you!
CFC- I have not taken any tolerance breaks, but now that you suggest them, I will think about taking weekends off. I don’t want to increase dosage.
Emkee_reinvented- appreciate the insight, will talk to my doctor about this, if I still struggle after some tolerance breaks.
Hope you have a dr. that is willing to work with you Much2lose.

The last Psychiater that extended my script for dextro-Amphetamine was not against tolerance breaks. But other psyq's did mind. Men even my general dr. won't do a repeat prescription for ADHD medication. He just points me to a psychiater.

And then you get all the hustle with insurance company's that refuse to pay for generic medication's. Glad I am of the stuff, rather hazy and lazy then dependent on dr.'s and the grace of health insurance company's .

It is just my family doc working with me (no psychiatrist, have never seen one). So far he has been good. He has not mentioned taking breaks from it, but it makes sense, and I see him monthly to discuss how it’s going. He diagnosed me, informally. He has been fantastic over the years, we will see how this goes…

It is just my family doc working with me (no psychiatrist, have never seen one). So far he has been good. He has not mentioned taking breaks from it, but it makes sense, and I see him monthly to discuss how it’s going. He diagnosed me, informally. He has been fantastic over the years, we will see how this goes…
Be grateful they not that anal about medication's where you live.

over here its a total mess.

Can I ask where you are? You have obviously figured out I am in Canada.