• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Focalin dosages?

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,

I recently acquired a couple Focalin 30 mg pills (XR I believe). For those who don't know Focalin is the D isomer of methylphenidate so it's essentially double strength Ritalin. The person who gave them to me is prescribed them and has been them or similar stimulants for many years so they obviously have a tolerance. My question is about what dosages I should split the pill into for desired effects. My one and only experience on a stimulant was 30 mg of insufflated Adderall IR. This produced a short lived euphoria followed by the next few hours of a wonderful clear headedness with no real comedown, just a gentle return to baseline. This time I would like to try to use the Focalin for studying. Would 5 mg be a good starter dose? Also if I wanted to use one of the pills for pure recreation would the full 30 mg be advised and should I take it orally or intranasally?

Ive never tried to snort XR focalin (in fact I've only had the immediate release).

I used to snort 4 10mg pills every day for a few years straight, but never more than one at a time.

As far as recreational use 30mg would probably be excessive to snort all at once, however i don't think you'll have much luck snorting the XR anyhow. Perhaps grind it up and hold it under the tongue? You may be better off using it for functional purposes as the XR formulation is abuse resistant.

For studying 5-10mg would be fine.

Does focalin have euphoria like adderall/ritalin does for many? Or is it an anti-abuse drug like vyvanse supposedly is..

If the XR pills have tiny beads inside, I've done this with adderall and extended release painkillers: Chew the crap out of it for 10 minutes and swallow good with water.. probably several times with the water. Literally I chew the external shell and the beads until it's goo. It's a pretty primitive tactic but it really has worked for me as opposed to other ways that people prepare snorting the drug after grinding it up.

I hate things going up my nose hence why I hate cocaine, but I find swallowing stimulants to have a pretty good bioavailbility. I'm addicted to the process of swallowing a substance and waiting for the effects.. it excites me. However, when it comes to the highest bioavailbility plugging or shooting it up is the best. This is not recommended for HR though and a bit excessive for something like focalin lol. Just letting you know.. I'd chew it to death and swallow :)

I agree with @negrogesic if you have low stimulant tolerance and focalin is stronger than ritalin, probably 15mg for recreational purposes.. 5-10 for studying. Also, I believe ritalin is a bit stronger than adderall. If what you're saying is true then 30 milligrams at once would probably overwhelm you. There's like a ceiling with stimulants where a higher dose will actually prevent you from focusing depending on where your tolerance is.

Last edited:
Focalin is similarly euphoric with respect to ritalin but with fewer side-effects. It is the dextrorotatory (d) isomer of methylphenidate, whereas ritalin is d,l-methylphenidate. It is not as euphoric as amphetamines like adderall can be, but it has a fraction of the comedown and side-effects. I used to take 40mg of dextromethylphenidate a day (snorted) along with a 80mg d,l-methylphenidate patch (daytrana) that i would put in mouth instead of my body. I was essentially taking the equivalent of 160mg/day of ritalin and certainly developed some symptoms of stimulant psychosis.

All in good fun. Glad i don't take it anymore. I have some 4f-methylphenidate but it isn't nearly as enjoyable (which is good, though I admit, I was a bit disappointed).

Ah ok thx for clarifying. I would never do methamphetamine but god damn does adderall feel so euphoric for me. It's the best feeling I've encountered from a substance, even more than an opiate which is weird. Provided I'm not going to try MDMA either.

Random HR Q, did your stimulant use cause any noticeable changes within yourself? I tend to take high dose adderall 2-3 days in a row (100-150 mgs throughout the day and max 200 mgs) then take breaks for the rest of the month.. up to 2-3 weeks if not more. I don't want to stop dosing stimulants like this unless I have to.

Ive never tried to snort XR focalin (in fact I've only had the immediate release).

I used to snort 4 10mg pills every day for a few years straight, but never more than one at a time.

As far as recreational use 30mg would probably be excessive to snort all at once, however i don't think you'll have much luck snorting the XR anyhow. Perhaps grind it up and hold it under the tongue? You may be better off using it for functional purposes as the XR formulation is abuse resistant.

Yeah I probably wouldn't snort this one since the duration of effects tend to be shorter. Especially if I just take 5 mg to study then I'd want length over a higher peak. I'll probably split the one pill into 6 different 5 mg doses. I'll probably end up using the other one for recreation and then I'll crush up the XR beads and snort like 15-20 mg and save the leftovers for studying. I've seen elsewhere online that focalin is the closest feeling a pharmaceutical can have to cocaine. I've never done coke so I wouldn't be able to tell but could you (or anyone else) speak to the truth about this?

is focalln methylphenidate snortin em is horrible i plugged one wow!!!

Best way to do this form of meth pill is put the XR in a glass of water with alca seltzer with crushed tums to keep it in you're stomachs system longer thus you get super high. I tried that 2 months ago with Dex.

I used to take focalin for 15 years.
Towards the end i was bumping about 70mg every day. I wouldnt take a full 30mg of focalin for your first dose. Take like 10mg or 15mg Quick mention, if you dont like all the filler, and you're snorting focalin, every 5mg of dexmethylphenidate is soluble in 10ml of rubbing alcohol (91% is better, the more water there is, the more crap you're gonna have in your final product), run it through a coffee filter, and let the liquid evaporate. That'll leave you with the drug in a much much much cleaner state. Super potent, super clean.

I used to take focalin for 15 years.
Towards the end i was bumping about 70mg every day. I wouldnt take a full 30mg of focalin for your first dose. Take like 10mg or 15mg Quick mention, if you dont like all the filler, and you're snorting focalin, every 5mg of dexmethylphenidate is soluble in 10ml of rubbing alcohol (91% is better, the more water there is, the more crap you're gonna have in your final product), run it through a coffee filter, and let the liquid evaporate. That'll leave you with the drug in a much much much cleaner state. Super potent, super clean.
Hey thanks, I'll remember that tip for next time. I basically treated it like coke and bumped ~40 mg throughout the night along with a few drinks. Comedown was downright nasty but the euphoria is there (dancing like an animal may have helped that too). Probably wont use again for some time but it could serve as a nice recreational stim, at least in my opinion.