PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

flying into space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom landers

Bluelighter
recently someone told me that if i took acid, i would never be able to go into space because my spinal fluid would freeze....
how true is this?

Acid brings you to outer space so how could this be true?

LSD never gets into your spinal fluid, nor does it effect your spinal fluid in anyway, since it's metabolized by the liver. It also leaves your body in around 4 hours, so unfortunately you're not going to have a camel hump of LSD for your journey to the moon. Wouldn't that be nice though?
I bet the earth looks pretty from the moon.
I bet the earth looks pretty from the moon, on LSD.
%)

Utterrly untrue. LSD has absolutely nothing to do with spinal fluid, but EVERYTHNG to do with space; inner space.

This must be one of the more absurd acid myths I've heard. :D

LSD does not interact with your spinal fluid in anyway, nor does it stay in your body for the rest of your life (or any other real significant period of time). LSD is metabolized and exits your body via the urine about an hour after you are done tripping.

I may burst into tears just now - merely for dramatic effect & thread derailment

Hahaha

We should have a thread filter with the words "spinal fluid" where the board deletes your thread and redirects you to erowid or wikipedia. I'm sick of this stupid miseducation

^ I shouldn't really have bothered to post that it doesn't actually help - a moment of :! came over me

Man I do so much acid, I sell doses of my spine juice to pay the rent. %)

this is about as absurd as the whole myth of acid being cut with strychnine. Total nonsense. Its one of the most bitter substances on earth> Detectable in as low as 1 parts per 100 billion. youd know.

Man I do so much acid, I sell doses of my spine juice to pay the rent. %)

One time I felt the very bottom tip of my tail bone pooping/releasing a tarish resin-like discharge.
I considered scraping it out of my body & smoking it.

Derailed enough?

^Hey man, I am. Drink me!!!!!!!! :D

I dont THINK im a glass of orange juice I AM a glass of orange juice thank you very much. Just because you cant understand how orange juice in a glass gained self awareness and intelligence doesnt mean that you can interject your opinions on me. Humans are such narrow minded creatures. If it doesnt follow their rules they just automatically assume its an inert object and not a transdimensional liquid being who is probably smarter than them. :p

Fuck! This stuff's a lot more dangerous than I thought 8o

Alternatively, it's just an even more bizarre version of what was already a rather bizarre LSD myth that never seems to go away. As far as any physical problems go there really aren't any when used at essentially any dose, as frequently as you want for as long as you want. But common sense probably suggest taking 100 tabs a day for the rest of your life wouldn't be a good idea - physically it may be harmless (alone and in almost any combo) but there's always some possible risk of psychological and/or emotional issues (HPPD, psychotic breaks kinda thing) but they are rare and for the vast majority never happen.

Moderation of use of any drug tends to be the best option, but the story your friend told you is complete nonsense. Your career as an astronaut is quite safe as is your spine. There's a load of considerably more accurate information on LSD in a number of LSD threads in the Index - linky in my sig or the main forum page. Better to research yourself than so you know for yourself and make your decision to use it or not based on actual factual stuff and hundreds of personal experiences of all desciptions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.