Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

šŸ„ Gardening šŸ„ Fly Agaric foraging

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
So I'm absolutely dying to try these. I hear they act on one's GABAb receptors, with only a very mild psychedelic effect and make a great seasoning ingredient in cooking with a very strong gamey flavour.

Anyone on BL have any tips on where, when and how to best to forage the little blighters?
I hear they're very common but I've only seen them once or twice in my life.

Kisses, yo x

Autumn - like all shrooms, pretty easy to find usually near woodland.

Autumn - like all shrooms, pretty easy to find usually near woodland.
Autumn is not the season for all shrooms by any stretch of the imagination.

It is the time for fly agaric though and theyā€™re incredibly easy to find. Look around coniferous trees (evergreen forest like pine and fir etc) and birch.

Last edited:
Worth noting that you want to dry them correctly to ease the toxic effect. They contain both ibotenic acid and muscimol and one of those is pretty poisonous, I canā€™t remember which. I wonā€™t advise you on technique because I havenā€™t done it but thereā€™s loads of info out there.

yep - autumn. they seem to come up before, and vanish after the liberty caps do though - a longer season for sure

They can also pop up other times too, I remember picking some in march one year, strange but true

They can vary wildly in potencey I hear, even same sized ones growing alonside each other - so be aware of that

My experience of them (only twice, mind) is of the feeling being closer to opium than anything else.

You can find them in spring too but like most mushrooms that pop in both spring and fall, the fall mushrooms are in greater numbers.

Iā€™ve found most of mine under pines. Please do tons of research as there are plenty of Amanita lookalikes, but once you learn the identifying features they are fairly safe. Itā€™s best to find a patch with specimens in different stages of life, cuz the babies are the best identifiers with their universal veil.

Once you find some. Post pics here for further ID, the more pics the better :)

-GC

Yeah itā€™s worth saying that eating fly agaric can kill you (in rare cases). Some of its amanita family cousins almost certainly WILL kill you (death cap etc) if you eat them, so make sure you are comfortable IDing them and prepping them.

As with all wild mushrooms, do not eat anything you are unsure of.

In Europe you can find them from spring to winter. I enjoy finding them as much as using them. They slip from me. I have dreams with them. I love this mushroom. After you find first ones, itā€™ll be a lot easier from there. They grow mostly in coniferous wood, Iā€™ve only find them in coniferous woods.

I like Amanitas more than psilocin containing shrooms. And I still didnā€™t pushed the dose above what I think is considered low as 5 ā€“ 10g is alerady very nice experience. Iā€™ve eaten up to 10g of dried potent psilocin shrooms but I still didnā€™t ā€œclickā€ with them unlike with Amanitas (that I like for relaxing and slight disso effect). I do prefer 4-aco-DMT to Amanitas tho (maybe I would pure psilocin too) but have in mind even I tried Amanita first time many years ago (10+ years ago) I still didnā€™t pushed dose nowhere near what I intend to so I still leave space for idea that Amanita in high dose might come somewhere to the top of my list.

I used to quite enjoy the fly agarics.

As Cat said they like to grow in Silver Birch woods.

I noticed marked differences in effects of the young and older specimens. The young bulbous ones that hadn't opened yet would me a drunken stimulated type effect eaten fresh.

The more mature ones were more psychedelic. Be prepared for a heavy purge before you start tripping.

Heat them in the oven at low temp for the conversion. They're also a haven for worms so better to sit on some newspaper to get the worms out

Don't take if you got any liver conditions. They're very hepatotoxic.

Let us know how you get on.

Quickest come up is if you brew a tea. But it tastes pretty rank. Be prepared for the bright red vomit too. It's ok. You're not dying...

I was hoping to dry and then only cook with them. As others said the fx arse supposedly lore like opium/benzos than psilocybin shrooms, but with some colour/mood enhancement.

Just drying them and toss & wash works great for me
No nausea ime

And when you make tea, well itā€™s more of soup so yeah, cooking with them would work. In fact some people prepare them for eating so they loose psychoactivity, so they donā€™t really taste that bad if you are into more exotic tastes and if you prepare them in a specific way

My ex enjoyed smoking them in a pipe. I only noticed significant effects from smoking it on other substances

I noticed some difference between A. muscaria and A. pantherina. Well pantherina is surely more potent.

I never find worms in any I found, I guess European variety is different in that way too

O yeah one more thing, idk what will anyone gain if anything from this info but I feel like sharing it. I had very intense experience with Amanita while meditating on, I think TMA-2 but could have been anything as it was ages ago, and holding it in my hand and just ingesting tiny peace of it. I was merged with shroom in that experience. Could it have been shitake instead, I donā€™t think so. Why? Cuz merging with shitake is more appropriate during idk jogging or something and not psychedelic experience but I might be totally wrong.

I never find worms in any I found, I guess European variety is different in that way too
Really? Wow. I always seem to have loads. If I leave them on newspaper for a few hours or overnight they all seem to crawl out and die.

I was hoping to dry and then only cook with them. As others said the fx arse supposedly lore like opium/benzos than psilocybin shrooms, but with some colour/mood enhancement.
That should totally work although you maybe won't get quite such psychedelic effects. You definitely can 'trip' off them but indeed it is different to psylocybin.

Might be cuz I usually collected the when there was some snow? But even when not didnā€™t notice any. Even with full desk of various sizes. Or it could be really cuz of some difference between new and old world varieties.

O yeah and I skip unopened Amanitas so they can spread more and more and create potentially new cool varieties (even tho genetic pool is very stable I guess).

Btw. I though eating raw Amanitas is best avoided and itā€™s safest to heat treat them if no elks are around, but thatā€™s probably a myth I guess.. I guess f. acid converts to muscimol in stomach mostly even before it hits the liver but thatā€™s really hard to know so I stick to heat dried for anything more than a pinch dose.

Might be cuz I usually collected the when there was some snow? But even when not didnā€™t notice any. Even with full desk of various sizes. Or it could be really cuz of some difference between new and old world varieties.

O yeah and I skip unopened Amanitas so they can spread more and more and create potentially new cool varieties (even tho genetic pool is very stable I guess).

Btw. I though eating raw Amanitas is best avoided and itā€™s safest to heat treat them if no elks are around, but thatā€™s probably a myth I guess.. I guess f. acid converts to muscimol in stomach mostly even before it hits the liver but thatā€™s really hard to know so I stick to heat dried for anything more than a pinch dose.
Aye possibly the snow?

You're right they are best treated to be safe.

There is another method I read of but didn't try. I think it was for British agricultural workers would place a cube under bottom lip as the worked. Then just keep replacing with another when it was gone. If you started feeling sick you stopped cos at that point you'd had enough.