• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Flubromazolam for sleep?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
Is it OK to use this once per 2 weeks to get some very deep sleep?

Etizolam and temazepam help but won't knock me out for 8 hours straight.

It super ok for that. Ayou should dose it as low as possible not feel groggy after 8 hours of sleep. Everyonr is different you just have go bhy the trial and error method.

I would start 0,5mg. if feelimng grofggy then 0.4mg etc you catch my drift. Hypmotic is where tnhis particular benzo really shines

Edit: for some reason i read flualrpazolam. With flurbozolam you might start wuth eveen loweer doses

Last edited:
It super ok for that. Ayou should dose it as low as possible not feel groggy after 8 hours of sleep. Everyonr is different you just have go bhy the trial and error method.

I would start 0,5mg. if feelimng grofggy then 0.4mg etc you catch my drift. Hypmotic is where tnhis particular benzo really shines

Edit: for some reason i read flualrpazolam. With flurbozolam you might start wuth eveen loweer doses
I d start with 0.25mg

If flualprazolam is also a good option it is great because it is still legal in NL

But Alprazolam is not very hypnotic for me, is flualprazolam that different?

EDIT: apparently both are illegal actually, only Flunitrazolam is available

Is FLUNITRAZOLAM a good option for hypnotic?? Anyone has experience with it?

It is if you can keep to that. Benzo dependency is not like opioids or anything, but benzos are definitely a comfort medication.

People seem to prefer alprazolam, but personally its all the same to me. I was never into benzos, and I dislike them lol. Start smaller doses and see whats effective. Benzos on any amount cause me to have a depressed hangover state the next morning. I can't use them for this purpose and there might be some alternatives if it doesn't work well with time.

I don't think that flualprazolam is tempting as a sensation, but I have never found any benzo aside from klonopin to be "euphoric" or "hypnotic." I think that if anything, benzo effects completely strip the world and my mind of any colors. It's the worst substance for me lol. Does work well for sleep though. Anxiety is whatever to me, I would rather feel it than to be as dulled out as benzos seem to make me.

It is if you can keep to that. Benzo dependency is not like opioids or anything, but benzos are definitely a comfort medication.

People seem to prefer alprazolam, but personally its all the same to me. I was never into benzos, and I dislike them lol. Start smaller doses and see whats effective. Benzos on any amount cause me to have a depressed hangover state the next morning. I can't use them for this purpose and there might be some alternatives if it doesn't work well with time.

I don't think that flualprazolam is tempting as a sensation, but I have never found any benzo aside from klonopin to be "euphoric" or "hypnotic." I think that if anything, benzo effects completely strip the world and my mind of any colors. It's the worst substance for me lol. Does work well for sleep though. Anxiety is whatever to me, I would rather feel it than to be as dulled out as benzos seem to make me.
Nah I ll pass on anxiety, better dulled than panic attacks

Ime not all benzos are the same. Xanax is not good sleeping aid, but is great for anxiety even in 0.125mg for me. Temazepam feels more hypnotic but not so good for panic. Etizolam was useful for both.

I just need something to really knock me out once every couple weeks and put me in deep and long lasting sleep.

Etizolam and temazepam help but won't knock me out for 8 hours straight.
If these two don't do the trick than either you have a high natural tolerance or are currently dependent on BZDs... IME either will knock me out cold for a night if I haven't used in at least a few weeks.

If these two don't do the trick than either you have a high natural tolerance or are currently dependent on BZDs... IME either will knock me out cold for a night if I haven't used in at least a few weeks.
I only use 5mg of temazepam and 0.75mg of etizolam which is probably the reason

I guess I could just instead use bigger doses than take a stronger benzo

I am not dependent, I can go days without benzos or alcohol, but I smoke heroin so maybe that helps

Elaborate to be honest?
Going through acute WDs (which happens nightly in the wee hours of the morning IME) makes it difficult to sleep and I personally start to sweat a lot.

I.E. right now I'm dependent on buprenorphine. It has a long half life and I get at least ten hours of effects. But if I dose any time before noon and don't redose, I wake up in the night feeling sweaty, restless, etc. If I dose late in the day I get a good nights sleep. Heroin has a decent half life too but shorter IIRC, so if you're dosing well before bed, or experiencing any WDs during your sleep cycle, you're likely losing some sleep.

Going through acute WDs (which happens nightly in the wee hours of the morning IME) makes it difficult to sleep and I personally start to sweat a lot.

I.E. right now I'm dependent on buprenorphine. It has a long half life and I get at least ten hours of effects. But if I dose any time before noon and don't redose, I wake up in the night feeling sweaty, restless, etc. If I dose late in the day I get a good nights sleep. Heroin has a decent half life too but shorter IIRC, so if you're dosing well before bed, or experiencing any WDs during your sleep cycle, you're likely losing some sleep.
My sleep was completely fucked up long before I started heroin, and I could not sleep for years until I was like fuck it, if I don't sleep at all I may as well sleep with benzos even if I get dependent.

Just now that I use heroin I am scared to use a big dose of benzos in the night to sleep, and thus have to suffer from my normal insomnia. I (somehow after half year of smoking every day) do not suffer from physical withdrawals from heroin other than perhaps a headache if I skip my dose, and that happens only after I wake up.

I (somehow after half year of smoking every day) do not suffer from physical withdrawals from heroin other than perhaps a headache if I skip my dose, and that happens only after I wake up.
Wow. Have you been addicted to opioids previously?

I used to not get bad WDs but after a few years of abuse I get kindling effects now (worse WDs every time I get them) and the WDs come on sooner and sooner and harder and harder.

Wow. Have you been addicted to opioids previously?

I used to not get bad WDs but after a few years of abuse I get kindling effects now (worse WDs every time I get them) and the WDs come on sooner and sooner and harder and harder.
No I started smoking heroin May of this year. So it is roughly half a year now. I used to smoke 0.5 to 1 grams per day when I started, now I smoke 5 grams in 2 days (assuming they are actually 5 grams, that's the dealers say and I don't have a scale at home to check).

A couple days ago I actually intentionally did not smoke in the morning. I did not have sweats, diarrhea, pain of any form etc, only an annoying headache similar to what I had the first two weeks of quitting nicotine, anxiety, and an intense craving to smoke heroin.

But big part of why I smoke heroin is that my life is completely fucked up, I have no support of any form, and I am really scared and feel like a helpless child that was taken away from its mother and put in a room to stay alone. So even for this anxiety and intense craving to smoke I am not sure how much I should attribute to being dependent physically, and how much I should attribute to the fact that I need H to deal with my life problems. Meaning that if my life was completely normal and I was smoking H only in order to get high, perhaps I wouldn't have even these slight WDs I describe.

I am 100% emotionally dependent on it though. H makes my life tolerable and enjoyable, and makes me able to handle anything that comes. The moment however that I will have a solid support network (meaning having again good friends and finally for the first time in my life having a girlfriend, ideally one that will actually understand me and love me, be faithful and want to join my journey), then I am immedietaly droping this shit. For now however, I love my H <3

While I certainly do not recommend benzos for sleep on a consistent basis, they clearly can be used for that, of course. But we all know that and the pros and cons have been discussed ad nauseum.

Anyway...I will say this about Flubro (and Clonaz) for the record. I totally get that both of these have a pretty bad reputation for slightly different reasons, not the least of which is their sledgehammer-like qualities when taken in too high a dose. Over time, I do not really no longer use benzos routinely, but keep some around for special occasions like getting to sleep after a long L experience, which is what I like them for the most.

However, having played with small doses of Flub and Clonaz, I have found that sticking to .250 to .500 and really no more keeps you from slurring, losing balance, over-sedation, etc., so I never take more than that really, ever. Even .5 a mg after a 13 hour thing works to get you to sleep after about an hour or so, and yet you don't just black out into oblivion melted into your couch. It actually can be a great way to come down and rather enjoy it as you slowly drift off to sleep. I learned the hard way by having a .5 gram bag of Clonaz several years ago and nearly wrecking myself, and I really decided that the blackout zone held no interest for me, or really anything close to that.

So as a result, I have found that occasional doses that are in that range can actually be rather functional, in the grand scheme of things. You can get shit done, not fall asleep, be rather active and busy and not ever enter into retard land, which is lovely IMO. And you wake up feeling much less sedated and not like dog shit. It does take discipline, of course, but simply doing this and avoiding re-dosing keeps things totally manageable.

And when you keep that low benzo tolerance, you do not feel like a slave to them, which is what I always tried to avoid after learning the hard way. Less is more, contrary to what your inner fiend tells you...

I have tried flunitrazolam and mostly fluclotizolam for sleep. They're both good hypnotics, similar to etizolam in that way, but with shorter half-life of about 6 hours (depending on your tolerance), so if you have 0 tolerance to benzos but etizolam which has half life of about 8hr doesn't give you full night's sleep, then these 2 might be a poor choice for you.

Sure, if you can manage to take them once every 2 or more weeks there shouldn't be much if any problems with withdrawals, but ONLY and i repeat ONLY if you take them once every few weeks!

Withdrawals can be hell and you shouldn't take this warning lightly.

There are better (as in much less addictive, but also not as efficient as benzos) alternatives. If you want i can name few.

I have tried flunitrazolam and mostly fluclotizolam for sleep. They're both good hypnotics, similar to etizolam in that way, but with shorter half-life of about 6 hours (depending on your tolerance), so if you have 0 tolerance to benzos but etizolam which has half life of about 8hr doesn't give you full night's sleep, then these 2 might be a poor choice for you.

Sure, if you can manage to take them once every 2 or more weeks there shouldn't be much if any problems with withdrawals, but ONLY and i repeat ONLY if you take them once every few weeks!

Withdrawals can be hell and you shouldn't take this warning lightly.

There are better (as in much less addictive, but also not as efficient as benzos) alternatives. If you want i can name few.
Yes please do! I currently use temazepam (or so claims. The vendor) at 5mg with not much success. I ll try 10mg to nite.

I also have phenibut, is that a legit option?

Yes it is a surprisingly good option - last year i used to take its 1x a week to have a good nights sleep and imo the quality of sleep can rival even benzos. That being said i'm naturally pretty resistant to it so IIRC a minimum sleep-aid dose was at least 2gr.

It is a GABA-B modulator and also acts on VGCC (voltage-gated calcium channels) like pregabalin, so to simplify it, it's kind of a mix between baclofen and pregabalin. Benzos are modulators of GABA-A system and share almost 0 tolerance with baclofen/phenibut or VGCC drugs like gabapentin and pregabalin.

I made this post a month or 2 ago and it could shine some knowledge about sleep-aids:
Most of these drugs were already covered, but for the sake of clarity we should group them by their pharmacological action:

1. Magnesium (OTC obviously). You might have to test several different forms of magnesium to see which ones makes you most drowsy. Take 100% daily recommended dosage, but obviously not every day as you already get some from food.
2. Melatonin - one of the most mild and non-addictive sleep aids with virtually 0 side effects (OTC)
3. CBD, works well but can be expensive depending on dosages needed (OTC)
4. Weed also has varying degrees of CBD depending on strain and i would group it into the same class, if drug test is not a problem then its cheaper than CBD oil. Also works well
5. antihistamine - this includes doxylamine (OTC), diphenhydramine (OTC), hydroxyzine. Good thing about them you cant get addicted because they stop working after a few days.
EDIT: Gabapentinoids such as pregabalin or gabapentin. Since pregabalin is more of a recreational drug i'd recommend gabapentin if it works for you.
6. Baclofen, GHB, phenibut (OTC) affect GABA-B amongst other things. But i'd only use baclofen as a sleep aid personally.
7. Narcotics. they aren't really good for sleep long-term and also risk of addiction.
8. GABA (OTC). Z-drugs, benzodiazepines, carisoprodol affect GABA-A levels and can be a very slippery slope to addiction (except pure GABA).
9. Antipsychotics are prescription only and a lot of them like quetiapine have anthistaminc activity at lower dosages just like antihistamines, so there's really no point. I'd avoid them personally.

So if i had to rank them in order of health or addiction: Some BS plant extract from your pharmacy > Melatonin >Magnesium> CBD > GABA > Weed > Antihistamine > probably baclofen or gabapentin> GHB / phenibut > Narcotics > z-drugs & benzos (addiction)

If everything up to baclofen works then do not go futher imo, because you risk serious addiction.

EDIT: i forgot to add good ol' magnesium. I use trimagnesium bicitrate (make sure its quality) 100% dose couple of times a week before bed and it makes me noticably drowsy and sleepy. Now if you're going through benzo withdrawal it might not help on its own (but neither will melatonin or CBD), but if some time has passed it will work and you can combine it with other sleep-aids.

So if i had to sum it up:
- first get quality magnesium such as magnesium glycinate or trimagnesium bicitrate like i do (cheaper since i have it powder form).
- 2nd get melatonin and 5-htp, melatonin can be used more often and if 5-htp works for you as a sleep-aid then using every few weeks will be great.
- 3rd get some quality GABA pills and try few grams as a sleep-aid.
- 4th get CBD or weed. Alternatively, you can buy oleamide which i have recently discovered and is MUCH cheaper than CBD, yet from my own experiments has way less side effects. It interacts with cannabinergic system for sleep and is also GABAergic (not to be confused with benzos because it's nothing like that).
- 5th get some antihistamines like diphenhydramine and doxylamine they're are freely available and very cheap.
- 6th if you can acquire baclofen, then do so as i would recommend it over benzos. While phenibut is very similiar in action (and chemical structure, i guess you could call it deschloro-baclofen, but i'm not a chemist), its also much more addictive, has long duration of action and is more of a dirty drug. GHB also works on GABA-B system but it's also very addictive, that being said it can be very useful sleep-aid if you know exactly what you're doing - for tricky short-term (4hr) power sleep when you really need it and you wake up energetic and clear-headed due to dopamine rebound and short half-life.

So yeah if these sleep-aids work for you i'd suggest you ditch benzos completely.

Last edited: