• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

FlippingTop is dead

FlippingTop originally had a remembrance thread that was lead by pontifex01. Unfortunately pontifex01 had since requested to have all his posts permanently removed, and as a result FlippingTop's original thread no longer exists. Pontifex01 was a very close friend of FlippingTop and he really was the only person qualified to lead a new tribute for him in the shrine. Now that pontifex01 too has sadly died, we are left with no shrine thread for FlippingTop and nobody to write one to the standard that pontifex would have wanted or written himself. The best I can do is to quote pontifex01's original sentiment, preserved in a snapshot of his original thread for FlippingTop.

pontifex01 said:
I found out about ten minutes ago that Aaron, known on the forum as FlippingTop, was found dead on Monday morning in his bed. He'd died in his sleep - we don't know why yet but most probably a drug overdose of some kind.
Update: Aaron was apparently found dead at a mate's house on Sunday morning after a rave. He'd taken a lot of uppers during the night and then a lot of downers, and was found lifeless the next morning by his friend. I thank God that his father was spared the pain of finding his son dead, and I'm also glad that the haunting possibility of suicide has been ruled out. All we can do is take some small comfort from this. I'll call his father tomorrow when I've pulled myself together a bit more and see if he wants to talk to me.

We were housemates for three years, and althought we'd fallen out very recently he'd been my best mate since the first day I met him six years ago.

I will try to spare platitudes and keep this brief. This is the most devastating thing I have ever experienced and goes far beyond words. I'm writing here because I simply don't know what to do with the beginning of this pain. It's an abomination.

I'll be in touch with his father in the coming days. I don't know if I'll ask how he died. It doesn't matter. He's gone.

People always say about the departed what special people they were, how the world will be smaller without them, and all that bullshit. I'm not going to do that because it's a load of fucking shit. Aaron had a lot of moments where he was a selfish prick, his drug use had spiralled totally out of control over the last year, and when he did drugs he thought exclusively of himself. He brought a lot of grief to me and to his family as a result.

However he was the most intelligent human being I have ever met. He was carefree to the core and taught me, truly taught me to broaden my perspectives and be a more positive-thinking person, among many other things. I can't enumerate the positive changes he's wrought in me and others but they far, far outweighed his defects. The boy was a fucking genius. This is a fucking travesty and while I'm still numb with shock I have no idea how begin to cope with the reality that my fucking best mate is a corpse at 25.
These aren't superlatives brought on by the rose-tinted glasses we reserve for the departed. Aaron was an incredibly unique human being. A few of you met him, I know he was popular here.

I don't know what else to say. It just shouldn't have happened.

EDIT:I would ask people to spare bullshit and meaningless platitudes in this thread. If you knew him or feel you have something to say, by all means, we all have a right to mourn and we all mourn differently. But any fucking twat saying things like "I didn't know him but gee what a shame" to up his post count I will not tolerate, and will delete the thread.

aaron_and_me.jpg

My brother, friend and partner in crime. I don't believe in an after-life but if there is one, we'll be gurning our faces off together to it.
Aaron nobody will ever come close to replacing you. I fucking loved you man. I still do. I always will.

Rest in peace FlippingTop, & rest in peace pontifex01. I hope this was the right thing to do <3

Please be respectful of pontifex01's original intentions for this thread. Sincere responses only please.

Omg! No more please. This is terrible. What is going on?

RIP FlippingTop.<3

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck, not someone else...
I'm so sorry ponti. My thoughts go out to you and his other friends and family. I went through the same thing a few years ago and you know I'm always here if you need to talk.

RIP <3

Fucks sake. Not Mister Top.

This is all too much.

This is really horrible, rest of EADD might not know me but ive had contact with filipping for a good few years now, this is really really sad news. FIP flipping <3 toomuch atm... flipping really liked to push to boudaries, but who didnt? Really comprehend this....

Im very sorry to hear this bad news about another bler.
RIP

OMG... and here i am waiting for his next PM
How terrible!!

R I P <3<3

Didn't know him but, having lost many friends myself to this shit, I feel for his loved ones.

Too bad. Another fallen solider. RIP.

I didn't know Aaron in real life, but I had started PM'ing him since around last April-May and we talked alot.
We even spoke on the phone. He's probably the Bluelighter who I've ever gotten closest too! :(

I was going to phone him earlier this week as I was wondering why he'd not replied to my PM, he always replied quickly! I really wish I had now!

R.I.P.<3 Aaron, I'll miss talking to you and reading your intelligent and witty posts and thank you for helping me when I needed it!

Sorry for his family and your loss pontifex01!

This is awful. Although I did not know him personally I so loved his vibe, he was one of my favourite Bluelighters. I feel for his family and his friends.
R.I.P. Aaron <3

Oh no, no more. Pontifex, I guess I'll start by saying I don't think I ever crossed a single post with him, I'm not much of an EADDer really, but that does not make my genuine sadness to read of yet another loss of a young life this week, or my condolences to you as his friend and his family any less sincere, or heartfelt. He was a Bluelighter. One of us.

R.I.P. Aaron.

Be careful people.

Truly horrible news to wake up to. Aaron was one of the BLers I was closest to. We met at a mini-meet in London a coupla years back and clicked instantly, spent the whole weekend chatting and comparing notes. Was like we'd been friends for years from the getgo. He'd often phone me and spend hours chatting about something and nothing. Was actually quite annoyed with him this week cos I've been trying to get hold of him for a while but he seemed to have disappeared. I just assumed he was off galavanting.

Got nothing more to add really. Am really quite shocked by this. Has been a terrible week in EADDland :(

Fucking christ guys, if anyone else dies I'm going to...I don't know, I guess keep on doing what I'm doing, but can we please just all make a deal and be careful ffs

Oh My God :(

I'm really very sorry to hear this Ponts, dreadful news on top of a dreadful week.

Post count means nothing to me, you have my sincerest condolences. Please forgive me, but I did not know Flipping well.

:(

Again, tragic news, even more so after Mugz's passing - RIP, Aaron, and thoughts with family and friends <3

Always liked Flip, sad to hear he's gone.

Oh ffs

i spoke to FT through pm n he was a relly sound enthuiastic chap n man i cant actually believe this

RIP FlippingTop <3

RIP <3 , so sad that another life finished early. one of the BL crew, clever kind guy.