View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Tripping and dont know when I should

Xatravunus23

Greenlighter
I've never done LSD before and most of my peers have. They all said they loved the experience and they highly recommend me taking acid. I'm all fore it but the only thing is, it might interfere with my school/work schedule.

I work on Saturday 12PM-8PM and on Sunday 6AM-2PM. I have school every weekday until 2PM...

Do you think it would be a good idea to take it right after work on a Sunday at 2PM? Or should I take it after school at 3PM on a day I'm not working.

Thanks!

Probably best to arrange a day off.. At least until you know how it affects you. You might not get much sleep and you don't want to be thinking about the stuff you've got to do the next day.

Moving this to Psychedelic Drugs as it's not a trip report.

Considering you've never done LSD before, I'd suggest doing it on a day when you have the next day off, that will give you more time to integrate the experience and chill out. In general though, taking it at 2pm, you'll be fine the next morning. The one thing is, as mentioned above, it might be hard to sleep for a while so you could end up getting little sleep, which may affect you at work/school.

Probably best to arrange a day off.. At least until you know how it affects you. You might not get much sleep and you don't want to be thinking about the stuff you've got to do the next day.
This my mate had to be at work 8 am sharpish and we did shrooms on the evening day before. He got caught in a loop of "What time it is" "How long till my work" etc it was hilarious from my point of view (mostly because I wasn't tripping as hard).

At some point while tripping balls he said he's going to sleep because he has work. He lived in a flat upstairs so he went ahead and I locked the door. It's about 1 am. I rolled myself a spliff and proceeded to attempt to try and get some music on from my phone connected to speakers. While I'm focusing real hard on reading the screen my phone rings and I shit bricks. It's him calling. I answer, he wants to smoke, I let him in. And he asks me how long was he gone. It was 30-40 mins max and he thought it was hours. Fast forward some time this time he's really going. I set up several alarms for him on his phone and send him on his way.

Good times, but having to be ready for work that early interfered with his trip and he was experienced with psychedelics, if you're new it will only be worse.

I would not recommend doing it until you have plenty of time to recover . The first time I tried LSD, I dosed at 4 PM and assumed I would be fine for work the next day at 7 AM. Boy, I was wrong. I was still tripping at 6 AM when I had to get ready for work, and I didn't get any sleep. Driving felt incredibly unsafe, and I ended up getting sent home early. In order to avoid a similar or a stressful scenario I would allow yourself plenty of time to trip and recover. Probably a 24 hour period would be my suggestion. Also, I always recommend testing your substances before using them too using a reagent. Just to be safe. Good luck.

I'd definitely say that you should do it during a time when you're not busy. The trip might last a while, you won't sleep, and you might not know how you feel after you trip.

You will need twelve hours for LSD. And since this is your first time, having to be at school the next day may pose a bit of a challenge.

One thing you should ask yourself is, Why are you taking the LSD? And are you in a happy place mentally?

The experience is not always the same. Your friends may have loved it, but that doesn't mean you will. I don't mean to be a downer, here. Keep in mind that LSD can completely change your concept of what society and reality are all about. You sound quite young and that's fine, I did quite a bit of mushrooms when I was young. But I didn't try LSD until I was older.

There is no 'right' and 'wrong' here, but it's best to be prepared and to have an extra day after the experience where you don't have any particular commitments. Coming back to reality takes a little getting used to.

In any case, enjoy the experience - sometimes it's uncomfortable, sometimes it can be overwhelming, and sometimes it can be absolutely blissful. But it can keep going, and going, and going.... and that can tire a person out mentally as well as physically.

When I was in uni we always had a "comedown club" after tripping. We'd just spend all day recovering while watching Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson or David Attenborough, smoke weed and take it easy.

The experience is not always the same. Your friends may have loved it, but that doesn't mean you will. I don't mean to be a downer, here. Keep in mind that LSD can completely change your concept of what society and reality are all about. You sound quite young and that's fine, I did quite a bit of mushrooms when I was young. But I didn't try LSD until I was older.

Just wanted to say, I think this applies to any psychedelic, to me and many others mushrooms are more difficult to handle than LSD (though the shorter duration is an aspect of them that's easier). I've been far deeper and in far more fragile states from mushrooms than from LSD. I wouldn't recommend mushrooms any younger than LSD personally, nor any psychedelic.