• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives First time K-----how would you do it?

Drunk on Kombucha

Bluelighter
Hello all, looking to try K for the first time. Tested it with Marquis and no noticeable reaction but that is all I have to go off of. It is white, fine powder that seems to be flaky a little when pressed together like cocaine.

I was advised to take 50mg and separate it into two lines and start from there. I have drank a little tonight so not really planning to try today but curious:

Have you tried it while under the influence of alcohol

And

I am a daily kratom user. I plan to keep dosages separated but does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Hey there.
The physical appearance of a drug doesn't say much.
Try the Mandelin test, should go red/orange.

Do not mix Ket and alcohol, can induce strong nausea, excessive loss of motor coordination, excessive sedation, a severe case of the spinning head and I had to save 2 people that were suffocating themselves with their own vomit by puking while laying supine and looking up, still conscious but unaware of what was happening.

Use a decent scale to measure the doses, do not eyeball.
50mg is not excessive, Ketamine is one of the safest drugs to use in regards to acute toxicity if taken on its own, it's not really realistic to overdose unless you do it on purpose and you would need to IV a few grams to die.
The risks of recreational use are physical accidents like suffocating on your vomit or falling down and hurting yourself and not realising it.
I've seen people trip over nothing or just fall forward while standing still and not even use their hands to break the fall, although most of the times that happened alcohol was involved.

I would recommend you take it and lie down on your bed and close your eyes, and try not to walk around until 40 minutes have passed.
If you think you might want to redose prepare the lines from before as you'll have a hard time not spilling K everywhere if you handle it while high, you might need a few attempts just to insufflate the line.

If you snort a decent dose using only one nostril the eye on that side will get strabismus for a bit but don't worry it will go back to normal as it wears off, you'll need to close it to be able to see while it's like that.

50 mg is an ok dose to start, and I would advise not to take more than 100mg in total for your first time, at 150/200 (depending on your size and ) you will probably be in or close to a K-Hole.

Never used Kratom but you should keep the 2 drugs spaced as much as possible as the Kratom inhibits a liver enzyme (CYP3A4) that is involved in metabolising Ketamine and this would likely make the K dose stronger and longer lasting.

Hey there.
The physical appearance of a drug doesn't say much.
Try the Mandelin test, should go red/orange.

Do not mix Ket and alcohol, can induce strong nausea, excessive loss of motor coordination, excessive sedation, a severe case of the spinning head and I had to save 2 people that were suffocating themselves with their own vomit by puking while laying supine and looking up, still conscious but unaware of what was happening.

Use a decent scale to measure the doses, do not eyeball.
50mg is not excessive, Ketamine is one of the safest drugs to use in regards to acute toxicity if taken on its own, it's not really realistic to overdose unless you do it on purpose and you would need to IV a few grams to die.
The risks of recreational use are physical accidents like suffocating on your vomit or falling down and hurting yourself and not realising it.
I've seen people trip over nothing or just fall forward while standing still and not even use their hands to break the fall, although most of the times that happened alcohol was involved.

I would recommend you take it and lie down on your bed and close your eyes, and try not to walk around until 40 minutes have passed.
If you think you might want to redose prepare the lines from before as you'll have a hard time not spilling K everywhere if you handle it while high, you might need a few attempts just to insufflate the line.

If you snort a decent dose using only one nostril the eye on that side will get strabismus for a bit but don't worry it will go back to normal as it wears off, you'll need to close it to be able to see while it's like that.

50 mg is an ok dose to start, and I would advise not to take more than 100mg in total for your first time, at 150/200 (depending on your size and ) you will probably be in or close to a K-Hole.

Never used Kratom but you should keep the 2 drugs spaced as much as possible as the Kratom inhibits a liver enzyme (CYP3A4) that is involved in metabolising Ketamine and this would likely make the K dose stronger and longer lasting.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I only have marquis, mecke, and Simon's as I bought the kit with the intent of only testing MDMA.

So you think 50mg would be a good place to start? I was interested in getting a just-dipping-my-toes-in type dose to titrate from and get a good feel for it.

And so 40 minutes to an hour is about all that's needed? I was curious about trying it mid day tomorrow before festivities and was wondering how it may impact the rest of my day if I do so.

Does ket have a very specific, noticeable taste like cocaine or mdma? And does oral ket work?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I only have marquis, mecke, and Simon's as I bought the kit with the intent of only testing MDMA.

So you think 50mg would be a good place to start? I was interested in getting a just-dipping-my-toes-in type dose to titrate from and get a good feel for it.

And so 40 minutes to an hour is about all that's needed? I was curious about trying it mid day tomorrow before festivities and was wondering how it may impact the rest of my day if I do so.

Does ket have a very specific, noticeable taste like cocaine or mdma? And does oral ket work?

Thanks again
30 to 50mg would be a good starting point, yes, it depends on how big you are.
A 5' 85lbs girl and a 6'2" 240lbs football player will have vastly different experiences at the same dosages.
In about 40 minutes the peak should be gone, but effects will be felt for another hour, give or take.
Your motor coordination and proprioception will be affected until it wears off, so don't dream of driving, running or typing quickly.
It's not impossible that you'll be able to see other people and do normal stuff once you sober up, you may have a nice afterglow and feel energized, but my recommendation would be to do it right before going to bed without having eaten for at least 90 minutes prior.

Ket does have a typical taste, yes, which is in part due to its anaesthetic effect, it feels... balsamic... well, kind of, when you snort it. You won't really feel your nose for 2 or 3 hours after snorting, and your sense of smell will also be affected.

Oral Ket works but is less potent as it gets metabolised to Norketamine when you eat it, a less active metabolite, that's why intranasal is preferred by most, with the most adventurous going for IM shots.
If you IV it's really easy to blackout super quick so it's not really popular.
Boofing is not recommended as you will loose sensitivity there and you may shit your pants.

30 to 50mg would be a good starting point, yes, it depends on how big you are.
A 5' 85lbs girl and a 6'2" 240lbs football player will have vastly different experiences at the same dosages.
In about 40 minutes the peak should be gone, but effects will be felt for another hour, give or take.
Your motor coordination and proprioception will be affected until it wears off, so don't dream of driving, running or typing quickly.
It's not impossible that you'll be able to see other people and do normal stuff once you sober up, you may have a nice afterglow and feel energized, but my recommendation would be to do it right before going to bed without having eaten for at least 90 minutes prior.

Ket does have a typical taste, yes, which is in part due to its anaesthetic effect, it feels... balsamic... well, kind of, when you snort it. You won't really feel your nose for 2 or 3 hours after snorting, and your sense of smell will also be affected.

Oral Ket works but is less potent as it gets metabolised to Norketamine when you eat it, a less active metabolite, that's why intranasal is preferred by most, with the most adventurous going for IM shots.
If you IV it's really easy to blackout super quick so it's not really popular.
Boofing is not recommended as you will loose sensitivity there and you may shit your pants.
I see, thanks! Then maybe I'll just plan for friday night to dip my toes and get a good feel.

Do you find k holes enjoyable? One thing I find peculiar is some people seem to see ket as a sort-of party drug (lower doses and usually mixed with other drugs like MDMA) whereas, initially, it sounds incapacitating. I've heard lower doses cam basically give an effect similar to alcohol but less heavy feeling.

What is your personal ideal range? And what effects/threshold do you like best to go for? I've read of people feeling fantastic and depression free after clinical ket infusions. But I've also seen some evidence to so support that ket use enhances/ensues delirium where people suddenly have fantastical and seemingly unrealistic outlooks on the world

i wouldn't bother weighting anything out - just do a little line

maybe a half hour later, do another one

pi17ZRG.gif

I see, thanks! Then maybe I'll just plan for friday night to dip my toes and get a good feel.

Do you find k holes enjoyable? One thing I find peculiar is some people seem to see ket as a sort-of party drug (lower doses and usually mixed with other drugs like MDMA) whereas, initially, it sounds incapacitating. I've heard lower doses cam basically give an effect similar to alcohol but less heavy feeling.

What is your personal ideal range? And what effects/threshold do you like best to go for? I've read of people feeling fantastic and depression free after clinical ket infusions. But I've also seen some evidence to so support that ket use enhances/ensues delirium where people suddenly have fantastical and seemingly unrealistic outlooks on the world
I don't do Ket often, but when I do it's a single dose K-hole, something between 180 and 250mg for me.
I started out doing small lines between 30 and 80mg, where I could still do something, often on the tail end of a empathogen/psychedelic (or both) high.
Ket greatly enhances all effects of psychedelics, especially Closed Eyes Visuals (except that it will diminish the tactile experience), so go easy with your first combos and please be careful with MDMA as it increases the risk of Serotonin Syndrome, so no heroic dosages when you combine them.

i wouldn't bother weighting anything out - just do a little line

maybe a half hour later, do another one

pi17ZRG.gif
I get that it is basically impossible to have a medical emergency due to Ket, but weighing your dosages has other advantages such as being able to monitor your use, evaluating your tolerance and the potency of different batches, and being able to reliably take the same dose or increase it or decrease it accurately.
The only downside to having a scale is that if law enforcement finds it together with a big stash it might make your position worse in front of a judge/jury.

I get that it is basically impossible to have a medical emergency due to Ket, but weighing your dosages has other advantages such as being able to monitor your use, evaluating your tolerance and the potency of different batches, and being able to reliably take the same dose or increase it or decrease it accurately.
The only downside to having a scale is that if law enforcement finds it together with a big stash it might make your position worse in front of a judge/jury.

yea i get what you're saying

but if you were to snort a line of coke, would you weight it out first?

yea i get what you're saying

but if you were to snort a line of coke, would you weight it out first?
I don't do coke, but with Amphetamine Sulphate a use a measuring spoon so at least I know the ballpark.
I practiced by measuring the spoon with a scale a few times though.

Ok ...then weight it out...after a couple bumps, you'll realize how silly it is to waste your time weighting out each line

Get enough for a hole laid out and fucking go for it. Make sure you’re in a safe and comfortable place and experience the weird.

Fuck small bumps. Go for it. It’s fun.

yea fuck it

go 55 mg and make sure you wear a hard hat

seriously tho - i just do little bumps to stay on the outer edge of a hole - but they can be cumulative rather than just a re-dose, and i can end up in a hole anyway if i keep going on the smaller bumps

it's fun to talk to somebody while you're both doing it - can be challenging - my friends and i called it K-bonics

i hope you find quality - their really should be only 1 quality - ive actually never had low quality K - it was either K or it wasn't

ketamine-12724_3.jpg

that was the one we used to always see - 124 in a case

:Mario:

I recommend starting even lower, like 10-15 mg then adding more similarly sized lines as you please. Can't hurt to be safe, since you feel the effects quickly and can increase dosage indefinitely.

For me it goes well with a moderate dose of alcohol. Just don't go on a bender. The combination requires moderation of both substances.

Cannabis has a great synergy with ket. Also nitrous is great with ket, being of course very similar. You can go crazy with the dissociation in bursts, completely absorbed in cosmic terror while observing it all neutrally. Step off nitrous plateau any minute, step off ket baseline any half hour. But probably just continue refilling all night. Can't think of a better dissociation. And of course with some booze and weed it's even better. I did some research and found that ket and nitrous combined is neurotoxic but alcohol can help prevent it. Only did this combo once, which is probably for the better. Rant over.