• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First time growing

Lance Stellar

Greenlighter
Hi, hopefully if your reading this you could give me some tips. It's my first time growing and im wonder what to expect and what to do.

What i've done so far.
...I got some of the good store bought soil and planted my seed.
...I've stashed the plant in my closet and put a wall of aluminum foil around to keep the light in.
...have a light on 24/7, no clue how many hours a day i should have this on, or what type of cycle???
..... and i have a fan blowing 24/7.

The area of my closet is fairly dry.
I close the best seed out of 20 seeds.
My plan is to grow it indoors for 2-3 months, untill it get warm enough then move it outside &* keep it there till it buds.

Bassically i just want to know same very basic shit about growing. Light cycles, and tempeture and anything else i need to know.

24/0 & 20/4 are good light cycles for what your doing.
12/12 = triggers flowering

You cant "choose the best" seeds

Tin foil doesnt save any light, it is worthless. Get mylar & remove the foil if you have white paint behind it.

during the flowering stage, its fine to keep the light on 24/7. don't get discouraged if you don't produce dank buds your first try. it all trial and error with growing cannabis.

during the flowering stage, its fine to keep the light on 24/7. don't get discouraged if you don't produce dank buds your first try. it all trial and error with growing cannabis.

lights on 24/7 during flowering? --- NO
all trial and error? --- NO

my god man,.......

lights on 24/7 vegetating (growing)
lights on 12/12 flowering

its not trial and error by any means. growing is a very well researched science.

but thanks for your input 8)

I did not mean the fowering stage. I meant during the incubative stage. I stand corrected.

lights on 24/7 during flowering? --- NO
all trial and error? --- NO

my god man,.......

lights on 24/7 vegetating (growing)
lights on 12/12 flowering

its not trial and error by any means. growing is a very well researched science.

but thanks for your input 8)

Trial and error is important in growing. You cannot just read books and "wallah" there is a perfect harvest. good growers work year to year on improving their growing techniques.

Am I wrong, papasomni? Have you no more self-righteous bullshit to add to the thread?

your iight bro so take a breather- we all straight here. Its a matter of opinion & each of you will stick to guns so the argument seems kinda meh from the third person. Its a science to an extent but their is also dumb luck(noobs growing okie buds from bag seed & poor conditions) & natural talent- along with other such things that can not be judged by a scientific ruler.

Ravines are a great place to grow outdoors, since cannabis roots grow downwards and therefore can self-water. Also, they love sunshine, so its best to find a place that gets 70% sunlight throughout the day.

all the info u could possible need is on the Toke City forums...........full of professional tokers!

For real!

I would suggest getting an easy-to-read book (I dont understand them at all!) that will at least give you the basic information you need.

Of course its science. But how do we perfect our skills? One does not become a psychologist from reading a few good psychology books.

Best of luck, anyway. I hope your plants turn out great. Read up on sexing if starting from seeds. Clones are better for the beginner. With seeds, all it takes is one male to ruin the entire batch.

Am I wrong, papasomni? Have you no more self-righteous bullshit to add to the thread?

whats up with that dude? self-righteous bullshit? Its okay dude. I wasn't taking a stab at you. I shouldn't have made that smart assed comment. It doesn't get us anywhere. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Why the fuck did you even say that? He just corrected a point which would help the OP. I would think that papa does have alot of experience when it comes to cannabis and growing it.

Come to the lounge we would love a noob to rape.

wisdomold1501_468x716.jpg

Alright thanks for the usefull stuff posted.............

And ya this is a trial for me, I don't really care if i get shit buds or bomb buds, cuz hey it's free, so be humble.. I don't have any expectations but to learn how to grow a better plant in the future.

First off, what kind of light are you using? Avoid halogen bulbs as they cause node spacing. Stick with MH, HPS, or CF bulbs. In a closet your best bet is to get yourself a few compact flourecent (CF) bulbs in the largest size you can get. I've seen 300W replacement bulbs at Lowes that put out 3900 lum and only take 60W of power. Otherwise, the 150W replacements put out 2000 lum for 30W usually.

You should ditch the foil and get some mylar. Space blankets are available at any camping supply store for a couple bucks.

Start your seeds on a wet paper towel in a plastic bag. Stick it somewhere dark and warm for a couple days and pull the seeds out as soon as they germinate.

Plant into a one gallon container with good drainage. Use a high quality organic soil, like Fox Farm. Feed your plants a high quality organic fertilizer. Look for either Age Old Organics or Advanced Nutrients. Start them slow, with just water (adjust your pH to 6.4 for soil), then add a little bit of fertilizer at a time as they grow. During veg feed your plants a fertilizer higher in Nitrogen, then switch to higher phosphorous and pottasium to flower. Good fertilizer should have mixing and application instructions, as well as N-P-K content.

If you feed your plants right, watch your pH, get as much light as you can, keep it a comfortable temperature, and watch for fungus and pests you WILL have healthy plants and a large harvest. This is true for any plant.