• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time coming of benzos

Broclonepam

Greenlighter
Hi ya'll. I hope I'm posting in the right place here. I'm a new poster here and couldn't find any subforum specific for benzos.

So my question is regarding getting off of benzos. I've been going through some stressful times and this is the first time I've been using Benzos more than a week or so in a stretch, so I'm considering what to do with the remaining pills I have.

This is the amount I estimate I've taken over the past 6 weeks.
  • 130x10 mg Diazepam,
  • 30x5mg Nitrazepam
  • 30x0.25mg Brotizolam,
  • 30x2mg Lormetazepam
  • 90 2mg Clonazepam

I'm currently at the point where I don't feel much more than slight relaxation from 10mg Clonazepam. I know I'm getting into that zone where physical dependency will start becoming a factor so I'd just like to ask your advice on what to do with my remaining 40x2mg clonazepam I still have stashed. Does stepping down to 2 mg daily for 1 week, then 1 mg for another week and 0.5 for the last week seem like a safe taper. What are early warning signs to look out for that I'm tapering too steep. I'm definitely not looking to have a surprise seizure. I'm also a moderate drinker of ~ 4 drinks per night if that info is of any value. I don't really feel anything more than a mental craving if I skip a day but these things have really long half-lives.

Any advice appreciated thanks!

next wednesday im coming off klonopin been on them for 2 months they put me on it when i went to rehab for methadone withdrawals in January

my taper started 3 weeks ago i was taking 2 mg a day he cut it in half right when i got released from rehab to 1 mg then cutting it into quarters each week try to drop to 25% if possible taking 0.5 mg a day atm wednesday i go to 0.25 mg for a week the nothing hoping it wont be miserable i wish my psyche doc would have switch me to a shorter acting benzo to make withdrawals not last as long but he didnt ohh well well wee how it goes

Thanks for the reply. I'm a a bit worried about rebound insomnia which is the primary reason I've been taking downers lately. 8mg clonazepam and 400 mg Tapentadol/Nucynta(opiod) puts me down like a baby for the night. I can fall asleep just fine sober but I always wake up 3-4 hours in and can't get back to sleep which is super annoying and is gonna be hell if I'm also in withdrawal.

It's a shame these things are so addictive. From what I gather 1-2 months of heavy usage will get you physically dependent. So yeah I'm gonna make sure to get out before that happens and I'm out of pills.

well u only done it for 2 weeks but tbh dude u took a fuck ton of benzos during that time honestly wtf lol idk how u were able to stand up iv never had a high benzo tolerance a football gets me fucked up i did have xanax withdrawal once for taking 2 bars a day for 2 weeks back in 2014 it sucked pretty bad but only lasted 4 days restless legs were a bitch im hoping this wont e as bad since tapered and didnt take it for very long time vs cutting it off ct like i did those years ago

well u only done it for 2 weeks but tbh dude u took a fuck ton of benzos during that time honestly wtf lol idk how u were able to stand up iv never had a high benzo tolerance a football gets me fucked up i did have xanax withdrawal once for taking 2 bars a day for 2 weeks back in 2014 it sucked pretty bad but only lasted 4 days restless legs were a bitch im hoping this wont e as bad since tapered and didnt take it for very long time vs cutting it off ct like i did those years ago
6 weeks mate, not 2. Still a significant amount but i find tolerance goes up really quick with these things.

I'm gonna make sure to get out before that happens and I'm out of pills.
Well glad ya thinking about this proactively as with the tolerance build and the dosing going up that stash will dwindle all too quickly if something isn't done soon... IME.
Welcome to BL hope ya finding it livable.
Something that is always in the back of my head when it comes to use/abuse/addiction: Having "control" of this phenom has a lot to do with how well we are at not dosing. Our ability to put off a "hit" for however long or drop the dose (however little) of a substance. personally my natural tendency is to up the dose and dose more often but this always ends in a train wreck for me. A perspective: It ya can take one step another is possible. 🤷‍♀️

If ya wanna get off/out my suggestion is to start now. ;) Not gonna say it is easy as nothing is iirc.
Best always,
Love

Something that is always in the back of my head when it comes to use/abuse/addiction: Having "control" of this phenom has a lot to do with how well we are at not dosing. Our ability to put off a "hit" for however long or drop the dose (however little) of a substance.
Yeah quitting drugs has never been my goal, but reducing it to weekends / social events and special occasions is what I'm aiming at. I've been using drugs for some 10 years and never had any issues with physical dependence, but I will use daily if there there's drugs stashed. Same with drinking really. Not sure what is the root of this "urge" to dose on something.. I feel better after a good workout than I do on any drug (okay, LSD excluded. An euphoric LSD peak cannot be topped by anything I have experienced in my life). But the typical escapist drugs like stims/opiates/benzos I take only because it's fun to eat a pill or some powder that lets me alter my mood up/down/sideways just for the hell of it 😵. Especially with benzos, which have hardly any recreational/euphoric value for me, but I still love munching them down just because they make me feel different.

I think it's boredom mostly that make me compulsively dose. I think the answer is to find a way to spend that downtime in a way that produces value for me, my environment or people around me. Finding a passion is harder than one would think in such a rich world and it might be exacerbated by having the brains natural reward-mechanism desensitized by using shortcuts (drugs).

Well glad ya thinking about this proactively as with the tolerance build and the dosing going up that stash will dwindle all too quickly if something isn't done soon...
That is true for sure. That baggie sure tends to shrink at an accelerating rate the lighter it gets.
I'm starting my taper today at 4mg clonazepam. I appreciate your comments and input and I hope you manage to find a good balance in your usage as well.