View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time brewing Mescaline Tea

Opalrebel

Greenlighter
Hey guys,I purchased 2 feet of potent Peruvian Torch recently and am making my first ever attempt at brewing it into a tea as I figured this would be the easiest way to prepare and consume it. I've done a fair bit of research into the best methods no one seems to quite agree on them. I guess there is no right way to do it just wrong ways...

Anyway I dont own a blender unfortunately so I cut the cactus into inch thick stars and just put it on a mild heat (7 out of 12). My plan was to let it simmer here for 2 hours, strain the liquid into a container and repeat. I also have a coffee grinder so my question to you is will it be worth it to try and pulp the cuttings before simmering for another 2 hours? Seems like I might be able to extract more mescaline if I do this.

Another question I have is whether freezing before consumption is a good idea as I am trying to take it in 2 days and I could only brew it tonight. I dont want it to lose potency by sitting in the fridge or my cupboard. I have a 5 hour journey from taking it out of the fridge to my trip destination so it will be liquid by then i presume.

Last edited:
I have also added some lemon juice and will add vitamin c to the mix on the second go round as it is rumored to bring out the potency - something to do with the alkaloids.

I've always made my cactus tea from cactus powder or chips so can't help on technique. The final brew doesn't spoil easily so freezing probably isn't necessary if you consume in five hours since you risk busting your container. Just keep in fridge, maybe chill for half and hour in freezer before leaving so its extra cold but not frozen solid.

Kept in fridge I've tripped on month old cactus tea without detecting any spoilage.

Lemon will help extraction and prevent spoilage. Vit C too. I always added abundant ginger to my brew. Helps improve the flavor IMO and reduces nausea very effectively. Rarely puked or felt sick long on cactus tea thanks to ginger root.

Ok man thanks for the reply. If I have more time to prepare next time I'll attempt the powder method to see if it works better for me.

I'll probably still put this batch in the freezer because I have a solid container. It's only going to be in there for 30 or so hours anyway and I'm gonna be travelling with it in a bottle in hot weather so I'd rather it be lukewarm or chilled than super warm when I get to my destination. Hopefully it turns out OK, it is a bit syrupy so far but I hear that's normal so I'm not too worried about it.

Just drank the nasty tea cold over a period of 2 hours and I'm starting to feel quite nauseous and like I just took a pill of ecstasy xD Good to know I brewed it correctly. Buckling up for an intense experience!