• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time adderal user

Korn3x

Bluelighter
i have the opportunity to take two 20mg adderal capsules (40mg total) (i'm pretty sure they are extended release), and i was wondering how long they would affect me, and if whether or not i should take them so that they are instant release or not. and is there anything else i should know about the drug?

If it's your first time with amphetamine and you take all 40mg of extended release (if they're capsules then they are extended, not instant), then you can probably expect to be pretty wired for at least a good 6-7 hours. If you crush them up and ingest them then it'll probably last half as long, if not shorter.

Come to think of it, if you've never had any stimulants before I'd only take one of those and save the other for later.

Lol, just pop them, and notice a couple hours later how you feel mentally retarded, in a good way:]
I did this in school before, and couldn't stop stuttering or moving my feet.
Doublekickdrug ftw.

Extended release, XR, meds look like drug capsules from Dr. Mario. They contain dozens of Adderall beads.

If this is your first time with Adderall and you have 20xrs then you will be WIRED as fuck! Make sure you swallow. One of the first times I took Adderall was a 20xr. I stayed up for about 36 hours, easy.

I would NOT take both of them. Those are realllllly powerful pills. Your going to feel completely drained and exhausted also, make sure you don't forget to eat....

watch your step with amphetamines

IntergalacticMagic said:
Extended release, XR, meds look like drug capsules from Dr. Mario. They contain dozens of Adderall beads.

If this is your first time with Adderall and you have 20xrs then you will be WIRED as fuck! Make sure you swallow. One of the first times I took Adderall was a 20xr. I stayed up for about 36 hours, easy.

I would NOT take both of them. Those are realllllly powerful pills. Your going to feel completely drained and exhausted also, make sure you don't forget to eat....

watch your step with amphetamines

oh dang i gotta rethink taking them then cuz i got a big test on friday. i'll probably take them on friday then. would you recommend taking both at one time? or do you think 1 will be enough? also, if i ingest the pills in an instant release method, will i notice sifnificant changes? or is it not really worth it?

If you have XR (extended release) but you want IR (immediate release), then you can always chew the beads up. That's what I do.

40mg is definitely worth it.

Rectify said:
If you have XR (extended release) but you want IR (immediate release), then you can always chew the beads up. That's what I do.

40mg is definitely worth it.

how long would you say the effects last if i did 40mg chewed up?

My first experience with amphetamine was a 30mg Adderall XR crushed and snorted.

It was too much...I was wired for practically the whole day....

Korn3x said:
how long would you say the effects last if i did 40mg chewed up?

Don't chew up 40mgs of Adderall if you're taking an important test the same day and have never done stims before...you'll be way to fucking off-your-rocker jittery to be able to sit still for more than 10 seconds.

If you're going to use it for study/testing purposes, I'd swallow just one of those capsules whole if I were you (not chewed).

If you're looking to go off the walls crazy with energy and euphoria (followed by a suicidal comedown, of course) then chew them both up and prepare for an interesting day or two.

realize there is a chance you will not be able to sleep the night of the day you take these, especially if you leave them in their xr form. also, you are likely going to be good for shit the next day.

ok i see as i get more information that taking these pills should not be done so lightly. so since this may affect my sleep schedule, should i take them in the morning? and is it ok to take these after a heavy night of drinking?

so say friday night i go out and party, then i wake up saturday and take 40mg of adderall and enjoy the day (i'm not taking these to study, because i do not have ADD). and what is this thing about a suicidal comedown?

Korn3x said:
ok i see as i get more information that taking these pills should not be done so lightly. so since this may affect my sleep schedule, should i take them in the morning? and is it ok to take these after a heavy night of drinking?

so say friday night i go out and party, then i wake up saturday and take 40mg of adderall and enjoy the day (i'm not taking these to study, because i do not have ADD). and what is this thing about a suicidal comedown?

In a nutshell, what comes up must come down. And when you're flying high on stimulants, you're way up there. Unfortunately, when they wear off you have to come down. And it's not a smooth, subtle, "okie dokie time to go to bed" type of feeling, at least not for most people. Chemically speaking, amps get you high by blocking the reuptake of dopamine in your brain, a feel-good chemical, causing an overload of it which = you feeling very, very good. Once that wears off though, you experience the exact opposite; a shortage of available dopamine in your brain which = you feeling very, very bad.

You get depressed, anxious, irritable...the duration of it is relative to how long you were high for and is different for everybody. So take that into consideration, noone gets high on amps for free.

My Add. comedowns have been horrible, crying, suicidal messes.

Usually if I have some cannabis handy, it makes the comedown pleasant and bearable.

I don't suggest taking both the day of the test, 20mg will be a good start. You'll def. feel it.

Oh, and when I drank while taking them, I had a two day hangover that nearly ended in an ER visit. Do not recommend!

man this sounds like some intense stuff. i think i might just save them for another time then because it sounds like i won't be able to party while on these drugs because they last so long.

So here's the new questions:

1. should i chew up all 40mg? i do weigh 190lbs. so i'm wondering if it will be worth it, or would it be better to just take them on different days to get high twice?

2. Can i take this before class? like say i have college class and i take these before i go (its just a class that involves copying notes off of a power point). will i be freaking out? like will i not be able to stop moving? what can i expect if i took 20mg before class? and what if i took all 40mg before class?

It's sounds like you're waiting for enough "do it" responses and you plan on taking all 40mg either way.

Do what you gotta do, there's been a lot of good information here for you to use. Be aware of the consequences and make your choice.

Morphine Eyes said:
It's sounds like you're waiting for enough "do it" responses and you plan on taking all 40mg either way.

Do what you gotta do, there's been a lot of good information here for you to use. Be aware of the consequences and make your choice.

i just want to know if 40mg at once is really worth it, or would it be better to get high twice on different days. thats what i really want to know.

^if you only take 20mg and crush it ir, you'll likely just end up taking the other 20 soon as you start coming down. speed's like that...

eon_blue said:
Don't chew up 40mgs of Adderall if you're taking an important test the same day and have never done stims before...you'll be way to fucking off-your-rocker jittery to be able to sit still for more than 10 seconds.

If you're going to use it for study/testing purposes, I'd swallow just one of those capsules whole if I were you (not chewed).

If you're looking to go off the walls crazy with energy and euphoria (followed by a suicidal comedown, of course) then chew them both up and prepare for an interesting day or two.

Correct...find a comfortable therapeutic dose for studying and test taking....Although 40mgs for you would be too much for a first time user to take a test, I would definately suggest eating at least 40mgs for recreational effects....

I find 120mgs is my sweet spot, but lets not go there.=D

PARooolller said:
Correct...find a comfortable therapeutic dose for studying and test taking....Although 40mgs for you would be too much for a first time user to take a test, I would definately suggest eating at least 40mgs for recreational effects....

I find 120mgs is my sweet spot, but lets not go there.=D

ya i dont know why everyone is asking if i'm taking adderall for test taking purposes or studying. i have no intention on doing this. i do not have any ADD, and when i said taking them before class i just thought it would be something fun to do. i sometimes take oxycodone before class and it makes class a little more interesting. so 40mg is completely worth it for recreational effects?