• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time acid trip

Using psychedelics is like snow skiing. You don't start off on the highest or fastest ski run. It's the same with dose. Some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics, meaning the people you're with are all doing 2-3 tabs and having a great time, and you can only safely handle 1/4 of that. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL. Only you can establish your own safe psychedelic dose. Start with a 1/2 tab and INCH FORWARD. Advance no more than 1/4 tab after that, and dose only once in a session.

People disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke weed when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. There is always a risk.

Last edited:
You should go into it having no expectations. Having expectations about a trip are when problems can arise during it. And yeah, don't smoke pot while tripping. This can easily overwhelm you. Your emotions are probably going to be swinging rapidly from one to the other, just ride the wave and listen to good music. Seriously make a list of all the songs you want to hear during your trip and make a playlist.

Salute...

1. Have you ever taken any psychedelic drug before? If it's your first time, you really should have someone with you.
2. Make sure you are in the best frame of mind.
3. Make sure you are in a good environment.
4. Start with low dose.
5. Use Benzos to overcome "bad trips".

Good luck....

Good advice so far regarding dose, set and setting. I just wanted to add that, should you start feeling like things aren't going so well remind yourself you took a psychedelic drug and the state you're in is only temporary. Don't try to fight the experience or to "cling onto reality", once you're able to relax and go with it things usually turn around quickly (focussing on my breathing always helps me). Also changing the setting can have a huge effect. Switch the lights on/off, turn the music on/off or change it, go outside/inside. If you're outside in nature you can switch from exploring your surroundings to sit with eyes closed and shift your focus to the inside and vice versa. Feeling the ground not only with your hands but with your bare feet has also helped me in the past.

I need advice!
On friday Jan 20 2017 I went out with my buddies to do a bit of day drinking. We drank from 9 am to about 2:00 pm. It was all fun and games them one of my so called buddies ask me if I wanted to buy some weed. Which I occasionally do. So I said sure so he calls up his friend which I've never met before and he brings it. Well this is where it all turned around after smoking it the following things I remember is passing up some store and then waking up at 4 am in the morning. Knowing myself I know I'm a very fit individual I stay envolved in competitive sports. And I know I did not consume enough alcohol to black out. Well come to find out the weed was laced with LSD and now I'm in a world of hurt. The days and weeks after have brought Anxeity, depression, loss of memory short term memory loss. Finding hard to contrate, empty thoughts. Loss of ability to day dream. I've never been out of it as much as this. And this is the second month. How much longer does it take to recover from such a drug? My doctor also gave me a RX for anxiety and depression but I stopped taking it because it didn't help any.

You can't lace weed with lsd, your friends are morons for saying that. lsd wouldn't make you black out either had you taken it.

Nobody knows what it may have been laced with...but if it was lsd it would have been destroyed by the flame and heat before ever reaching your body. thats why you're not even supposed to leave real acid exposed to a light source.

this forum does not even allow guessing as to what it was laced with, your only way of knowing is to get more or if there is any left get it and send it to a testing lab that does these sorts of analyses

your doctors antidepressants will further damage your brain and unless you've had long term depression you shouldn't be taking them.

have you totally abstained from smoking weed and alcohol and all other drugs during this period?

you sound young and the young brain is very sensitive to drug use. When I was in my early twenties after tripping to much I would have HPPD and effects such as that lasting for months or even a year afterward. nowdays drugs don't do that to me anymore. You will recover, just abstain from all drug use for a while.

Pre make a play list. You don't want to end up like me on my first LSD trip aka "man vs windows explorer.
Don't bother making plans, you tripping self won't follow them anyway.
Set and setting, although LSD is a bit easier on the nerves.
If you plan to smoke weed (if it's your first time, do it after the peak) make sure you got a lot of papers to waste, trying to roll for the first time tripping is harder than you think. But you'll feel so proud when you roll a first spliff while tripping.
Phone off or on airplane mode, you don't want people calling or texting you.
Watch something light during come up.
CGI movies will blow your mind on LSD.
Orange juice on LSD is the best thing in the entire universe.

Last edited:
Thanks lucid dreamer helps out a lot knowing I'm not losing my mind. But I've smoked weed only twice to see if it would stabilize my imbalances but didn't work, since then I haven't. I've had a couple of drinks with trusted friends just to be social and not fall into depression and in my heavy thoughts. But I will abstain from them now on. I've felt that with the passing weeks my brain chemistry is leveling out little by little and I've regained most but not all my sense.