View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time acid at Reading festival.

PsychedelicJourney

Greenlighter
I'm looking to take acid for the first time at Reading festival 2016 and is looking for somebody else that is going that could give some advice/ help me to make it a safe and share the experience with. Sorry if the grammar is bad, really tired :')

Edit: minor grammar adjustments and removed 'SWIM'

Last edited:
We dont use swim here. Probably not the best idea to solicit a stranger to be your trip sitter the first time doing acid either.

Yeah, don't you have friends you'll be going with?

My advice would be to dose it early in the day so you can get some sleep at night - don't take more than one tab. Do you have any psychedelic experience at all? My second time taking LSD was at a festival (T in the park) - I had two friends doing it with me though - things would get a bit tense when you'd suddenly be around a group of shitface drunk guys talking about starting fights or whatever.

Reading isn't really the most hippie friendly of fests - things can get lairy there. Do it with people you trust who can take care of you if you need help.

Alternatively, save your first time for a more controlled setting.

I do have friends going, but not ones that are taking acid. Sorry didn't realise that SWIM isn't used here. Just wanted somebody who has tried acid before, to help me with the trip.

^Yes, please remove it. It will make it easier for us to all understand.

I think having a stranger trip sit you sounds real odd as well, by the way.

^Yes, please remove it. It will make it easier for us to all understand.

I think having a stranger trip sit you sounds real odd as well, by the way.
I understand that it might be a bit odd, but it's the best I've got. Not looking for a 'trip sitter', but somebody to share the experience with. I'm not looking to be baby sat, but to have fun and stay safe with the assistance of somebody cool. - Even if you guys are not going to Reading Fest, some advice on tripping alone would also be greatly appreciated

My tripping advice would be not to trip for the first time at a big festival, a rock festival at that, while alone.

Yeah if the options available to you are shitty, just don't do it. Set and setting. Sounds like a recipe for a bad time to me, wouldn't wanna do acid at a festival my first time, especially alone, and if I was gonna, Reading would be way down on the list.

Thanks for the advice all. When I say I'm tripping alone, I'll still be with friends and people I'm comfortable with. I just thought it would be nice to share the experience with somebody else. I get that you guys don't think it's an ideal setting, but for me I think it's the best place and I'll have a blast. I'm happy and content with where I am life at the moment, but I'd like to change my outlook on things and I think acid is the way to go. I am going to do it at Reading and it's highly unlikely that I'll be persuaded not to do so. Tips on how to direct my trip would be great! Thanks

I just have to add to the pile saying that a festival is not the right place for your first LSD trip*. The circumstances you have described are just wrong. Please bear in mind that you are ignoring some of the most important advice that can be given to you by choosing to trip (a) for the first time ever (b) without an experienced friend present and (c) in a setting that will be crowded with strangers. The people who are giving you advice have probably seen what can go wrong on an acid trip, and don't want to see you put yourself in a situation where you might get in trouble and not have the right support to get out of it.

The fact that you are so cavalier about your intentions makes me concerned that you might find the LSD experience to be different from what you are expecting. It might sound harsh, but to many of us the only advice that seems appropriate under those conditions is "don't."

Of course, nothing is certain and it's possible that you will be fine. Just be aware that you are exposing yourself to a level of risk that makes experienced users cringe.

* The truth is, I have seen people take LSD for the first time at festivals and have a good, safe time. However, in those cases the festivals were renowned for being drug-friendly, the people in question were under the supervision of myself and at least two other experienced trippers, and they took low doses (about 75 mcg). You haven't mentioned what dose you plan to take, but if you want a piece of advice for your plan, I strongly suggest you keep it low.

Last edited:
Just be aware that you are exposing yourself to a level of risk that makes experienced users cringe.

So true. After dozens of trips I still get major anxiety about being in public on acid. I agree, you may not exactly know what you're getting into. Sometimes you can't force yourself to feel good. There are negative moments during any acid trip and how you deal with them can make or break you. I've seen a guy completely lose it while tripping off what I'd consider an average dose, and he wasn't even out in public. Be careful.