first roll...

tarmac

Bluelighter
ok folks--I posted this once upon a time ago when the ole' bluelight board was in place. It's about my 1st roll and all those FABULOUS FLORIDA FOLKS that made it possible. For those of you who may have read before, forgive, for those like TBritton who haven't...read on...if you can stay awake
smile.gif

Incidentally, my bf is going to Orlando next week. Any suggestions on a few good clubs?
HERE GOES!
Well I've wanted to share this with all for quite some time now, so here it goes.
It's been about 4 years ago that I visited my friends in Orlando and basically had no idea about the fun I was in for. For weeks I had heard my two girlfriends talk about "rollin, beans, blowing up" and the like.
Once I got there we had a blast for the first two nights, just runnin the downtown area, hanging out and meeting new people. I heard people repeatedly mention Firestone and laughed to myself, wondering what the hell tires had to do with anything. Then, on my last night there, we went to some guys house where we all sat around and I listened to them talk more E stuff, about spinning, rolling, ect.. I gotta say I was pretty confused. I had done my share of the usual shrooms, acid, pot, ect... but I felt a bit outta the loop.
Enough jabber. Well before I knew it, it was 2 in the am and we were still waiting on our connection to show up. When he did at 2:30, I declared it was way too late to party, I had a plane to catch at 3 the next day and honestly couldn't imagine what could be so good as to wait up for. Everyone at the party, quite large and no one really rollin due to lack of supply, convinced my two girlfriends to take me home and house roll--just the three of us. OK why not. So I pop the pill at 2:45am and we go back to our place and sit by the pool. About an hour after dropping we are all sitting around the pool and shannon says "we need to go upstairs" I say "Why", and she says, "you'll see." Two minutes later, we are almost in the door when I feel the most incredible feeling come over me. All I can do is sit there against the couch and smile at them. We lit some candles and Shan says "teach us some Grateful Dead." Now I've loved the Dead for years, but this was all the better, getting to turn them on to it while rollin. We're all just sitting in the floor, smoking and singing China Cat Sunflower and I'm looking at Kim and she was sooo beautiful and soft to look at. I just had to reach and touch her.. Not in a sexual way at all but, well,hell you all know where I'm at.
Then, Shannon breaks out the inhaler and I'm completely confused yet utterly at her mercy because of the good time she's already turned me on to. Lay back and take your shirt off she says. Don't worry, it's nothing sexual.. I promise. So I lay my head back in Kims lap and she's massaging my head and face and Shan is over top of me blowing the Vicks all over. OMG I thought I would die. The candles just kept meshing together and the visuals were incredible. I had never felt anything so....
Well Kim never really got off cause she had built up quite a tolerance over the past few weeks. I all of the sudden felt this utter sadness when I looked at her b/c I couldn't help. I wanted her with us soo bad. She was so cool though. She just said "it's alright hon, just enjoy yourself, and kept getting us water, gum and smokes. Shannon could tell I was wooried about Kim to the point where it was making me sad, but she was there to help and they both kept telling me, it's ok, she's fine...this is your night, just enjoy. We're here to take care of you. Eventually I believed them and was right back at that happy place.
Kim went on to bed, but Shan and I layed in the floor for hours, just rubbing each other and holding hands, watching the candles and flipping the Box Set tape time and again. I gotta say though, the one song that will forever mark that night was Oasis...Champagne Super Nova..Has heard it a million times but never like that.
So.Shan and I bonded, slept from about 8til12, then met some more of their friends at the pool the next day. This was also very cool. With other drugs, the payoff or comedown just was never worth it. But all I felt the next day was love from everone at the pool and warm and fuzzy.
We changed my flight to 6pm and I just remember walking thru the airport with permagrin. I've rolled about 10 times since then, but I'll never, as you all, will forget the 1st time. I just can't explain how it opened my brain to other ways of thinking. I'm pretty free-spirited, but for the past 4 years, since college have been in a pretty high pressure sales job. Don't get me wrong. I like what I do, but my peer group at work has no idea who I really can be. Very conservative, my city and company are. I work hard from week to week, don't go out partying much, but when I get the chance, there's nothing like a good roll. Not to mention, it has opened me up to such a new way of thinking. My friends and I swear our world leaders should call a conference take a hit of X and then try for world peace. We'd all be so much better off.
E has changed me alright: It has allowed me to glimpse inside a very pure heart that can be blurred by the everyday tensions of real life, anguish, worry and stress. It is my own private retreat for which I will forever be grateful. I try and take a bit of all that I feel and learn with me in everyday life after I come down.. The world can be such a cruel place. I am in complete support of anything in moderation that can bring a renewed since of self and inner peace.
Sorry to ramble. There's really a ton more I want to say, but don't want to bore ya. Incidentally, I've never been to a rave or afterparty while rollin. Just lots of good house rolls, ocean rolls (AWESOME) and visits to friends who know all about PLUR—the good stuff.
Peace 2U all
Tarmac
[This message has been edited by tarmac (edited 04 January 2000).]
[This message has been edited by tarmac (edited 04 January 2000).]

OGEEZ-- Will someone please remind me how to edit so I can indent all those horrific suppose-to-be paragarphs??
so sorry
Thanks

Hey Tarmac - you just need to click on the little pencil icon above your post.
- aby

Thanks Tarmac, how totally awesome. So will jazzy be back in time for our saturday night thing? I've not yet decided which chemical to introduce you to, but we'll talk about that later. I can't wait to taste your popsicle!
smile.gif
Well, hopefully we'll be able to party soon. Call me later.
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

Cool account, Tarmac. Thanks for posting.
Champagne Supernova. I see that song everywhere. How apropos.

Hey Tarmac,
Thanks for a great post...I love first time E stories...I can't help but grin ear to ear each time I hear them because they remind me of my first time up north on the california coast surrounded by soaring birds and beautiful pines.
I've been rolling for > decade and all my rolls until 2 years were with close friends and loved ones outdoors in nature...It is such an awesome way to tap into the full potential that E has to help us on the path so that we learn in the end that Love is all there is...
PLUR TO YOU AND TO ALL who know how to love
smile.gif