View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Mushroom Trip

duncandonuts0533

Greenlighter
Hello all, first post here on bluelight. I'll give you a little back story, if you don't want to read skip to the second paragraph. I had a heroin overdose about 7 months ago, went to treatment, and started going to NA meetings. I had one relapse on noz, but right now I have almost 6 months clean. I'm starting to break away from the program because I disagree with the idea of surrendering and claiming that addiction is not something that can be cured. Lately I've become more interested in psychedelics for therapeutic purposes, (I've tried LSD 4 times in the past, mostly for recreational purposes, didn't really have good trips or bad trips, just kind of neutral) but the length of an LSD trip and it's stimulating effect makes me want to avoid it entirely. I want to try a different approach and see if I can get to some of the issues I have buried, instead of slapping a bandaid on them. (What I feel the 12 step programs do) Sometimes knowing that I'll be tripping for 12 hours, and that if I have a bad trip I won't be able to get out of it, puts me in a fearful state of mind. I started to look at mushrooms as an alternative psychedelic. Most say they last 4 to 6 hours, and do not have a stimulating effect which is why I am intrigued. I also have heard they are more valuable for therapeutic purposes than LSD. I plan on getting 1.75 grams of Liberty Cap mushrooms, and doing a Lemon Tek extraction.

My question is if I do a Lemon Tek on 1.75 grams of Liberty Cap mushrooms, how intense will the trip be? What "level" will I be at? I am 6'0 and 200 pounds, with no tolerance to psychedelics. I want to do the Lemon Tek because I've heard it reduces duration. Not that I want the duration to be short, but it comforts me that if I get into a negative mind space, it will be over soon enough. Also, if I dose at around midnight, will I be okay to go to be at work at 9:30 AM? I have to be COMPLETELY sober, no dilated pupils or anything, because of previous work place problems caused by drugs. I am not worried about lack of sleep though. If I do a lemon tek on an empty stomach, how long will it last? Thanks Bluelight! Hope my first post was okay.

1.75g is not too high of a dose, some may even call it low. But of course it depends on the mushrooms and the person.

Theres a good chance you won't sleep before work or you'll just get a couple of hours. Your brain may be a bit fried too. But, I'd bet you won't physically look like you're on mushrooms.

If you are having issues with duration and trying to shave a few minutes off a psilocybin trip you should think about if using these drugs for therapeutic purposes is for you. Psilocybin is no slouch in the mind fuck department. As far as it goes, I would say psiocybin has some of the crazyest time dilation qualities and psychedelic head space qualities and can be worse than LSD. That small of an amount of mushrooms is not really what you want to use any extraction protocols on. Those really work best for large quantities because your %loss can be quite high. Also, liberty caps are quite potent, you may be close to a full dose, maybe add a half gram. Just eat them.

If you get to a +++, which is where the effects become interesting, you will have to deal with your anxieties, and your issues, and 10 minutes will feel like an hour in the peak

I honestly wouldn't really recommend dosing at midnight with work at 9:30...though you won't be under the influence any more, you definitely won't get any useful sleep...

Consider having some benzos on hand if you're concerned about finding yourself in an undesirable place I'd say.

Also, if I dose at around midnight, will I be okay to go to be at work at 9:30 AM? I have to be COMPLETELY sober, no dilated pupils or anything, because of previous work place problems caused by drugs. I am not worried about lack of sleep though. If I do a lemon tek on an empty stomach, how long will it last?

If you dose at midnight you most likely won't sleep. While I feel I might be good to work, I never check if my eyes are dilated or anything. I usually always go baked as fuck. I just put on some eye drops and trudge through the day. I usually dose on Fridays at a friends around 7 or 8 so I can start coming down around 2-3 and get home and try to sleep, but I usually just lay in bed contemplating my existence in the void. If I'm lucky I can get about an hour of sleep. I found that for me even with as little as 1.5g of shrooms, I don't know what kind, I usually don't sleep. Ideally for me I'd like to have a day off the day after the dose to "recover" and another day to chill and relax. Then I come back to work super motivated and refreshed.

I made sure I had a clear day tomorrow. I made a tea by opening up a tea bag and putting the ground shrooms into the bag and stapled it at the top. Microwaved some water, and added a slice of lemon. Stirred repeatedly and let it sit for for about an hour, didn't taste bad, just weird. This was 40 minutes ago, I have slight pupil dilation, but I just feel... off. My senses are heightened and I feel relaxed but that's it. Gonna see where this takes me, I have klonopin on hand just in case I want to sleep or end things. Gonna close my eyes and listen to music. Peace Bluelight, I'll post tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Hello all, first post here on bluelight. I'll give you a little back story, if you don't want to read skip to the second paragraph. I had a heroin overdose about 7 months ago, went to treatment, and started going to NA meetings. I had one relapse on noz, but right now I have almost 6 months clean. I'm starting to break away from the program because I disagree with the idea of surrendering and claiming that addiction is not something that can be cured. Lately I've become more interested in psychedelics for therapeutic purposes, (I've tried LSD 4 times in the past, mostly for recreational purposes, didn't really have good trips or bad trips, just kind of neutral) but the length of an LSD trip and it's stimulating effect makes me want to avoid it entirely. I want to try a different approach and see if I can get to some of the issues I have buried, instead of slapping a bandaid on them. (What I feel the 12 step programs do) Sometimes knowing that I'll be tripping for 12 hours, and that if I have a bad trip I won't be able to get out of it, puts me in a fearful state of mind. I started to look at mushrooms as an alternative psychedelic. Most say they last 4 to 6 hours, and do not have a stimulating effect which is why I am intrigued. I also have heard they are more valuable for therapeutic purposes than LSD. I plan on getting 1.75 grams of Liberty Cap mushrooms, and doing a Lemon Tek extraction.

My question is if I do a Lemon Tek on 1.75 grams of Liberty Cap mushrooms, how intense will the trip be? What "level" will I be at? I am 6'0 and 200 pounds, with no tolerance to psychedelics. I want to do the Lemon Tek because I've heard it reduces duration. Not that I want the duration to be short, but it comforts me that if I get into a negative mind space, it will be over soon enough. Also, if I dose at around midnight, will I be okay to go to be at work at 9:30 AM? I have to be COMPLETELY sober, no dilated pupils or anything, because of previous work place problems caused by drugs. I am not worried about lack of sleep though. If I do a lemon tek on an empty stomach, how long will it last? Thanks Bluelight! Hope my first post was okay.

I am a big man too. 6'2" 205. LEMON TEK? Come on bro, you've got two balls(hopefully) use 'em. You gotta eat way more than 1.75 if you are seeking transformation. A big dude like you? You gotta start at 3.5 to think ANYTHING is even gonna be happening. You should probably down 5, just to get started into heroic levels of experience. Midnight? Come on bro, you gotta take those things at Sundown if you wanna be rolling to work in the morning. Don't be afraid. The mushrooms are calling to you. But they want you to swallow as many of them as your belly will hold, so that they can transform you into the Primordial creature you have always been. Let go of your misunderstanding of your origins and history. Break on through bruddah . We've all done it. But you must have courage!

I am a big man too. 6'2" 205. LEMON TEK? Come on bro, you've got two balls(hopefully) use 'em. You gotta eat way more than 1.75 if you are seeking transformation. A big dude like you? You gotta start at 3.5 to think ANYTHING is even gonna be happening. You should probably down 5, just to get started into heroic levels of experience. Midnight? Come on bro, you gotta take those things at Sundown if you wanna be rolling to work in the morning. Don't be afraid. The mushrooms are calling to you. But they want you to swallow as many of them as your belly will hold, so that they can transform you into the Primordial creature you have always been. Let go of your misunderstanding of your origins and history. Break on through bruddah . We've all done it. But you must have courage!
You are certainly right about that. I made a tea with lemon out of 2 grams and got a level 1 trip. Slight pupil dilation, body buzzing, colors appeared brighter, better peripheral vision, enhanced sense. I had reminiscent thoughts, like remembering things from my childhood that I had forgot even happened. Music sounded wider, I could discern all the elements of the songs. I had minor thought loops, but it was easy to break out of it. Everything seemed very surreal and time passed slightly slower than usual. I had almost unnoticeable CEVs. It lasted about 4 hours, it was alright but I wanted more from the experience. I'll wait a couple weeks and try again with 3.5 grams and see how it goes? Where the effects I had normal for a low dose trip? Thanks Bluelight!

Sure. But you have to ask yourself "Why am I taking mushrooms?" Are you doing it to alter yourself a little or are you trying to get an altered sense of reality that will support and buoy you for the rest of your life? I know what you want. You want to touch the veil of the primordial. To experience the 96 percent of the universe that is beyond the reach of the physical eye. You want to experience the primordial track that travels from the time before this life, to the time after this life and hurtles you through this very life. You want to touch the mystery behind it all. 3.5 is a good start. It'll take the training wheels off, but you want to go further. Don't be afraid. And don't be afraid to eat those mushrooms straight. It's what men do. You don't need to be afraid. Just remember at all times, "this was always going to happen," "It is my right to know these things," " and if things get tough, and they sometimes do, "They won't always be this way." Organics are not like acid, they don't scramble your brains, they simply quiet them so you can experience things as they really are. Especially with Mushrooms, they will open your crown chakra and allow you to perceive things as they without the interference of your eyes or mind. They will lift the veil of the ego and let you see the great oz behind who was always guiding you. Through this life, what has come before and what comes after. It's all continuity, we simply mostly forget though conditioning from our environment and the people we meet there with no understanding.

Sure. But you have to ask yourself "Why am I taking mushrooms?" Are you doing it to alter yourself a little or are you trying to get an altered sense of reality that will support and buoy you for the rest of your life? I know what you want. You want to touch the veil of the primordial. To experience the 96 percent of the universe that is beyond the reach of the physical eye. You want to experience the primordial track that travels from the time before this life, to the time after this life and hurtles you through this very life. You want to touch the mystery behind it all. 3.5 is a good start. It'll take the training wheels off, but you want to go further. Don't be afraid. And don't be afraid to eat those mushrooms straight. It's what men do. You don't need to be afraid. Just remember at all times, "this was always going to happen," "It is my right to know these things," " and if things get tough, and they sometimes do, "They won't always be this way." Organics are not like acid, they don't scramble your brains, they simply quiet them so you can experience things as they really are. Especially with Mushrooms, they will open your crown chakra and allow you to perceive things as they without the interference of your eyes or mind. They will lift the veil of the ego and let you see the great oz behind who was always guiding you. Through this life, what has come before and what comes after. It's all continuity, we simply mostly forget though conditioning from our environment and the people we meet there with no understanding.
Boom badda boom