• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fire Poi, Fire staff, Glowstringing, Fire hoop, Fire breathing! LETS SEE IT!

Squirt, the full moon jams in chicago? Do you know Tom and Andy W? Joe B?

new pics

l_09883aaeb8f2648cc35657164e60c86d.jpg

l_1b8a79afe6061407d4a00bb1185ae384.jpg

l_af9c59d5187646fe6160a8ad54ca6592.jpg

l_f20a575603dc63d523c1ebc1ad0f3b22.jpg

l_f265b96f81c3bee4750c8b74b568de82.jpg

My Favorites
l_3ec9e2d4d12bda5036bf5fa45ea3377c.jpg

l_437a98e23924cb812befb94ee1cb2db1.jpg

New Video (With a song i made, also not that good...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABjHXosYXnk

My Myspace Music Page
http://www.myspace.com/sc00chie

enjoy! keep this thread rollin baby! wooh!

Carl, why should we all die in a fire? it's not THAT dangerous if you follow the saftey DVD sent out with every first order from HOP... hahahah

and make sure you have a fire blanket...

ahha, some friends and i are considering ordering kevlar to make our own toys...

another friend of mine found his moms old fire batons from high school, 30 years old and the wicks are mint! what a find!

are there any other fire gatherings in the chi?
i try to do local ones but it's just me and my 6 friends, 4 of which have equipment

Peace Babies!

Last edited:
^Amazing pictures!

I learned a new trick with my poi the other day, I was so excited! Its one that I've been trying to get the hang of for weeks now. I love learning new tricks, its such a great feeling. Now I'm going to have to find another one to learn :D

leojay said:
Squirt, the full moon jams in chicago? Do you know Tom and Andy W? Joe B?

ahha, some friends and i are considering ordering kevlar to make our own toys...

another friend of mine found his moms old fire batons from high school, 30 years old and the wicks are mint! what a find!

are there any other fire gatherings in the chi?
i try to do local ones but it's just me and my 6 friends, 4 of which have equipment

Peace Babies!

if you mean thomas wyse and joe boyer, i know of them. i met tom at the fmj this week, and i'm joe's friend on facebook although we've never officially met. i think we will next weekend at decomp, though.

along with the fmj's, which are monthly from april to october, every thursday there's "combustion thursday," which is a practice session for participation only - so no spectators. it's a really supportive environment perfectly conducive for learning from each other, and they take that very seriously. i'm sure in the winter we'll be practicing inside...

you should definitely make your own equipment. i made my snakes, and i love them so much because they came from me. i want to redo them though, with thicker wick and to braid them tighter. they're a little loose and don't retain fuel as much as i'd like, so when they start to go out, they just *go.*

awesome pics, btw. :D and all you need for a local spin is one safety per spinner. the fmj's in chicago started off with 5 people, so you could be the jet-setter for your area. it's gotta start somewhere!

I just got punched in the face by my poi :| (thankfully just LEDs) but now I have a big swollen red mark on my face.

But on a better note, I learned another new trick! :D

i whacked myself in the face with a glowstick back in the day, gave myself a black eye. better that than fire, n'est-ce pas? :)

^^LOL. must have sucked.

my girlfriend and i sometimes use her firestick.
im not too good at it, she carves me up. i will try remember to take some photos of her next time we do it.

[eK] said:
^^LOL. must have sucked.

my girlfriend and i sometimes use her firestick.
im not too good at it, she carves me up. i will try remember to take some photos of her next time we do it.
One word = DOOF

Do eeeeeeet

I actually set myself on fire for the first time last weekend. Turns out the cardigan I was wearing was pretty flammable.

Don't worry I'm not hurt.

^I didn't know you were into fire stuff.

And here I thought it wasn't possible for me to like you more...

haha i'm sooooo excited - i was working a show tonight with the other chicago fire tribe kids, and this girl i know is going to teach me hoop in exchange for me teaching her knitting. woo! i love this community. :D

and i'm just curious, but has anyone (besides moey ;)) been to burning man?

Beatlebot said:
I actually set myself on fire for the first time last weekend. Turns out the cardigan I was wearing was pretty flammable.

Don't worry I'm not hurt.

HAHAHAH! ME TOO!!! first time!

um... never been to burning man "maybe next year."

It's gettin cold...

anyone ever burnt in heavy snow-fall? like big-Ole FAT SNOW?

also thanks to whoever suggested HOP's forums. they're niiice. BL is my all-purpose forum... sad really...

sleep for the brokenhearted mental patient now.
:(

hey Squirt, if you attend the FMJ's I'm sure we have a million mutual acquaintances (including the ones leojay mentioned), were you at the Prekompression party? :) I hope to come to this next FMJ, since it's the last jam of the season. great to see that another person in that community on Bluelight.

as for me, I've only spun fire once before (at a friend's place stoned on lots of oral cannabis), but it changed me a little. the experience was just so intense, it felt almost spiritual in some indescribable way, and I'm pretty positive it wasn't the cannabis. I have wanted too many times after, but the opportunity never arose.

other than that I just consistently play with my silly homemade sock poi. :)

Last edited:
^^ i was definitely at prekomp and will definitely be there tuesday. you should pm me about it. :D

these are from combustion thursday this past week -

2931987882_af0f449d8c.jpg

2931987948_58902ba82a.jpg

WOOHOOOOOO look at you!

:D I spent a substantial amount of this weekend spinning poi in the sunlight / late-night, smoking a little herb. it was amazing. it made me miss my one experience spinning fire so much...

I took my fire poi to a party of mine where a friend of mine who was fairly new to drugs snorted 4 crushed up e's because someone told him they were something else (god only knows what.) within about twenty minutes he'd blagged the poi's off me and made rather a show of his own - unfortunately for him we also had a bonfire which he could keep lighting them on.
In the morning he was very confused as to what had happened to large amounts of his singed hair...:p