• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fioricet... Just the caffeine?

Psychedelic Jay

Bluelighter
I was thinking about just removing the caffeine from the tablets to get a better feel of the butalbital. Since butalbital is nearly the same in solubility to APAP, there is no relatively simple way to separate those two. I know the liver toxicity of APAP, so I know this should only be temporary till I get more Phenobarbital. My main concern is all this horrendous caffeine hindering some of the sedative power of the butalbital.

I am a chronic insomnia sufferer for nearly ten years now. I literally operate on less than 4 hours a night without meds.
I can fall asleep at 9 and wake up at 12 and not fall back asleep.

So... Since caffeine is readily soluble in water as I know, I make coffee, can I just flush the caffeine from from these tablets?
Also, just how much power is the caffeine taking away from the butalbital?

I was thinking 150 mg of Butalbital would be perfect without any stimulation from the caffeine.

Please, no one suggest any anti-histamine type drugs. That is the most uncomfortable sedation I ever thought I could experience in my life. This includes Seroquel, Thorazine, and Promazine. TCAs are also unacceptable.

These are foul ways to put a person to sleep, as the can change vital levels of neurotransmitters that were stopping me from being depressed from their insomnia.

Insomnia is a bitch.. I smoke weed for it now because I dont want to mix all the benzos and pain meds with sleep aids... I wish you the best of luck.. I know how bad insomnia can get!

I'm not completely sure, but are you asking if you can do a CWE type procedure on the Fiorcet? Because I'm pretty sure caffeine has the same solubility in water as APAP and Phenobarb (isn't Fiorcet Bulbital though)

I'm not completely sure, but are you asking if you can do a CWE type procedure on the Fiorcet? Because I'm pretty sure caffeine has the same solubility in water as APAP and Phenobarb (isn't Fiorcet Bulbital though)

Yes a CWE, but not for the APAP, just for the caffeine. Caffeine is really soluble in water. (Coffee)

No, I usually take phenobarbital for sleep, I'm trying to get the most out of the butalbital in the fioricet. Of course Phenobarbital isn't in fioricet.

Yes a CWE, but not for the APAP, just for the caffeine. Caffeine is really soluble in water. (Coffee)

No, I usually take phenobarbital for sleep, I'm trying to get the most out of the butalbital in the fioricet. Of course Phenobarbital isn't in fioricet.

I saw an article on this somewhere not that long ago.. I will dig around in my internet history and see if I can find it.

I saw an article on this somewhere not that long ago.. I will dig around in my internet history and see if I can find it.

Thank you very kindly.

I did the most simple thing so far already. Just typed in butalbital water solubility in google.

Butalbital: 1700 mg/L

Caffeine: 1000 mg/46 ml

So yes, I got it now, you can just remove the caffeine from Fioricet, with out losing much of the analgesic power of butalbital.

This is still for medical purposes, I just want to get rid of my tension headaches before bed.
Caffeine would ensure a horrible nights sleep.

The caffeine is actually included in it because it helps for migraines but I understand your situation. Butalbital does produce mild-to-moderate sedation so it should help you get some sleep. I personally enjoy Fioricet myself and I'm prescribed benzodiazepines. Fioricet produces some nice subtle sedation for me and I'll even experience a little bit of euphoria. However like you, I feel it would be great to have the caffeine extracted.

Side note: At the right dose, the combination of Fioricet and Soma can be quite euphoric and sedating!

Side note: At the right dose, the combination of Fioricet and Soma can be quite euphoric and sedating!

I feel ya!
It's too dangerous though, they both work the same way.

The part of the GABA receptors that they affect does not have to have a GABA molecule to make these drugs work, They open the gates all by themselves and hold them until they let go. So it's hard not to get careless, especially how "crack like" these sedatives are. That quote was from you by the way. LOL

I would like more info on this thread/ topic, I have some fioricet and have little to no need for the codeine (Almost 20 year now heroin/ ???XXmorphone/ fent habbit so tolerance makes codeines effects minimal) and I would like to do a normal CWE to rid the APAP but my main thing is the CAFFEINE (I can't stand caffeine and especially when trying to catch a NOD and lessening the pain level takes mixing barbs, benzos, strong opioids [I fully understand this mix can be very dangerous w/out a tolerance, I got that FULLY handed btw]), I want to keep the BUTALBITAL mainly and since my sweet spot is between 250mg-350mg butalbital I still don't mind 150mg-210mg codeine going to use even if it's very minimal to me....so how would one remove the caffeine? I honestly prefer to search more first before asking a question but my eyes are "having a bad day" so it's very difficult to read at the moment so any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

P.S. caffeine in smaller doses does actually work well with me when on dextroamphetamine or d-methamphetamine are too mellow (physically) and I need more of a motivational "push" but usually straight oxymorphone is one hellva mativational push (IV ;) I rarely need pharma grade amphetamines

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/files.php?pid=403310&aid=39597

Will people just download this and make sure everyone has a copy, please.

Be aware that any drug with an ionizable function will display solubility dependent on pH (use on-line pKa to check species). APAP has a phenol, barbiturates... are acids but the pH changes solubility HUGELY. Remember that morphine is extracted from opium as calcium morphinate (for example) so naloxone forms calcium naloxate and so on. Soluble APAP requires a LOW pH whereas barbs require a high pH (e.g. sodium seconal).

A second solvent to crash out one part of the mixture is another trick but with fairly simple kit you can separate (mostly) the APAP. I've just seen too many people destroy their liver with the stuff. Even if you CWE, take methionine. In people at risk of suicide, APAP + methionine is prescribed. It doesn't make it SAFE so it is not OK to skip extraction...

Just have some respect for your body.

Last edited: