Finding closure in a jeep Cherokee ........

• Thread starter ~ * ~ MaD HaTTeR ~ * ~
  • Start date
M

~ * ~ MaD HaTTeR ~ * ~

We pulled up to his house. The lights on in the windows welcomed us as we drove into his driveway. His black jeep Cherokee parked out front. My husband and I get out of the car, I thought to myself, I haven't been here in so long. I felt my heart beat grow faster as we walked through the front door. His mother greeted us, she looked the same, the sadness still strong in her eyes.

We were there to by Chris's jeep. Chris is my husband's best friend who passed away in a motor cycle accident May 2001. His mother walked off to get the papers for the jeep. I sat on a wooden chair near the front door. I looked around the neat, exceptionally clean kitchen. I noticed by the door, Chris's work boots placed.....waiting for him to come home. So the three of us went outside to jump start the jeep. I sat and chit-chatted with his mom, while Billy jump started the jeep. There was unspoken sadness that hovered over our polite conversation. While we let the battery charge in the jeep. We went upstairs to Chris's bedroom. Most of the stuff gone, no clothes scattered anymore, covering the floor. His bed neatly made in the corner of the room. A wooden night table next to the bed with phone numbers and names scratched into it....A few boxes lay in the middle of his room, some weights and a stand with a T.V. The room was warm, musty and empty.

The room was so very empty....we said are good byes to his mother and made on our way.

I was driving alone in my car folowing behind my husband in the jeep, our jeep......Chris's jeep. I watched the jeep in front of me, tears began to fall from eyes, blurring the tail lights. I knew Chris was there driving shot gun with Billy. I think through my tears I saw the shaddow of there heads.....both of them riding along, listening to some good music and laughing away.....

Since we got home an hour ago, Billy has been outside in the jeep. I don't think he wants to come in....I think for the first time since all this happened he is finding closure. He finds Chris's planner and brings it inside. Billy stands in the middle of the room reading what little Chris had written in it. On 4/20/2001 Chris wrote: Got planner @ 1:35......
*Note to self* Confusious says, " Man who walks through the turn styles in airports sideways usually bangs cock"
Also, "He who fishes in another mans well, usually catches crabs"
Billy finished reading, we bothed laughed and as quickly as he had come in, he was gone...... back outside with Chris, in their jeep.

Chris....you have not for a moment been forgotten. You are always with us, you are the reason, we are so in love, you gave us that and with that, in that, you will forever live on....May 13, 2001

------------------
~Lindsay
I am lost, I've gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back have me wait....
Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light.... -joker
GRRR "dOnuthOes"
Cracktology = study of crack
AOL name: MaDHaTTeR92578
[This message has been edited by ~ * ~ MaD HaTTeR ~ * ~ (edited 11 September 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator:
frown.gif

Best wishes hun.

I'm sorry about your friend. I'm glad your getting closure.
I went back to school once after I graduated. To see Will. Will is a kid I've known for 2 years and was in a car wreck in May and was in a coma for a week. He's pretty much back to normal now, well except that he will never forget being in a coma and losing his best friend. I know what it's like to have a friend and then lose them fast.
It's hard, but tell your husband that no matter what, even when he wishes the most that his friend was there, the time they had together, although short, we're so much better than not having them at all, that the pain is worth it.
Also, I suggest planting a tree, or something like that, that will always be Chris's tree.
------------------
The Neoracle
I'm here to regulate the funkyness.
web.site |dream.in.code|don't.click.here

this was beautifully written.
sometimes closure comes in the least expected way. but no matter how late it comes, it is a huge sigh of relief. its the day you can wake up and say "I have no regrets" about whatever happened.
i pray every night that i will wake up the next day with a feeling like that. i haven't gotten it yet, but i have faith that my day will come.
------------------
E-girl
IM: tiggersgurl2067
*Choice, not chance, determines destiny*
"November is all I know."

beautiful.
Unfortunatley i know this feeling all too well....but this was wonderfully written. Thankyou sweetie.
love
ange

Words can't say how beautifully you write. I cried with you in the jeep on the way back to your house,keep it flowing!
j@p@n@m@e