• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Final jump to sobriety - Wish me luck:)

SunSpot

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I've been absent from our forum for a while as there has been a lot of travel for me. Well now I'm stationary for about 70 more days until i go Thailand and Malaysia. I'm thinking this will be my reward for staying sober, I'm dam serious, if i slip up ill cancel everything.

My d.o.c. is obviously opiates but I've quit those for good and there are no cravings, possibly because i stuck to the oral route and was usually so severely constipated a new dose wouldn't hit for hours. This way the mind doesn't associate the drug with its effects.

My new decaf green tea came today so that's the end of that habit, ive been tapering for years, seriously caffeine it's harder to quit than opiates or nicotine. That nic habit btw is well in the past, vaping has left behind no specific cravings. Maybe I'm too forgetful now for cravings, i must've run pounds and pounds of psychoactives through there.

Anywho, i honestly need some advice for the Final jump, I'm scared. Alc and kratom are keeping me now but i won't take either when i fly out tomorrow for 3 days.

Any strategies for dealing with excess testosterone and the desires thereof would be appreciated. I'm such a nice person usually, the person i become when sober does things 'I' wouldn't. Advice?

Hi captain H, yes it's been neat. Yellowstone was awesome, there was this one boiling pool, super deep, deep blue and hot. I got to sit in the faintly sulfurous stream and meditate, that was trippy;)

How are you doing btw?

Hi captain H, yes it's been neat. Yellowstone was awesome, there was this one boiling pool, super deep, deep blue and hot. I got to sit in the faintly sulfurous stream and meditate, that was trippy;)

How are you doing btw?
I'm hoping I can visit Yellowstone one day.

I'm very upset. But I am close to 21 months and I am proud of myself despite life's turmoil.

If in Thailand it's definitely time for a celebratory MUSHROOM MILKSHAKE! :D

That is what I'd do if I were you. With a sober companion or in your hotel room, like sneak it back in and all, they generally don't care. Such a beautiful laid back culture and people. The homeland of my soul for sure.

Damn I missed the deadline :(

Hi tpd and everyone, well it's 4am and I'm not going to get any sleep:( but compared to O this quitting kratom thing is very mild. The tiredness from once more entirely ceasing caffeine (I tapered to a stable 1.5g / day of green tea the weeks before) even let me get most of a night's sleep the last 2 days, though that effect is gone now. Being this close to 100% sober is very thrilling:)

I wouldn't have been able to quit kratom if the stupid shoulder pain hadn't finally ceased being so obnoxious. After my bout with radicular neuropathy (after sleeping badly while WDing from O), I apparently damaged a muscle when my nerves where misfiring. I'm still only at 50% strength in that arm, and can't even lift it above my head, but at least it's not blindingly painful anymore. And I'll always remember Kratom as a fantastic anti-pain med that has *much* less addiction potential than opiates. Though I'm still pissed I got forced back on the stuff for another 2 months.

As for a mushroom shake, yeah that sounds awesome! Thailand is supposed to be a very open country, definitely not like China!! Of course I'm so looking forward to this trip, I'll do a PADI course (scuba diving cert) and explore the reefs around Phuket. The backpacking to kuala lumpur should be fun too, travelling is just so awesome. I wonder why not more people do it, my costs could easily stay below 2k if i wanted;)

I like the name phuket. I am going to open a thai restaurant and call it Phuket in a bucket.

A much needed vacation indeed, glad you'll be enjoying yourself :)

New arrival's, new beginnings, who is to say? You should know by know if you're in for a good time. And it sounds like one hells of a good time you are in for.