European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Films

acieed_ed

Bluelighter
I went to see no time to die the latest new James bond flic yesterday. Holy shit I was blown away by Daniel Craig's last outing as 007 review to follow anyone else see it?

Not seen it yet but have a super critical film buff friend who's not usually taken by Bond but loved the new one

I've only really enjoyed the Connery/Lazenby/Moore/Craig one's myself tbh. with Connery and Craig wayyy ahead of the others, but ymmv of course

It takes over after Spectre and has a lot of continuity, at 2hr 43mins it's the longest running time yet but it flew by I dragged my dad to see it for his birthday and he has seen a lot of bonds from her majesty's secret service on in the cinema. He wasn't overly impressed at all. It has some amazing car chase and other set pieces with a major shock ending.no spoilers... anyone?

Last edited:
It takes over after Spectre and has a lot of continuity, at 2hr 43mins it's the longest running time yet but it flew by I dragged my dad to see it for his birthday and he has seen a lot of bonds from her majesty's secret service on. He wasn't overly impressed at all. It has some amazing car chase and other set pieces with a major shock ending.no spoilers... anyone?
Anyway I loved it highly recommended

my boyf enjoyed it but i've not seen it. not massively into bond despite trying hard as a kid cos my cousins loved bond films.

will be watching dune. i've not read it, but henry zubrowski (my imaginary husband) did a podcast about the books and made it sound like an interesting premise, so i'll check it out.

I’ve given up on films when they pull this kind of bollocks. A black, female Bond? Give over..

will be watching dune. i've not read it
The tragic thing over Dune is Alejandro Jodorowsky didn't get to finish his version which would have been Epic.
I nearly fell off my chair when I saw you aint read it, I had you down for someone who would have digested that at the age of 7 tbh.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw you aint read it, I had you down for someone who would have digested that at the age of 7 tbh.
i think i had in my head as a kid that sci fi was boring so never read any. i was pretty insufferable so read like spinoza (didn't understand), camus, russell, loads of popular science about theoretical physics, then loads of anti capilatism stuff til i got few up of being angry. no wonder people though i was weird at school lol.

recently i've read the 3 body problem trilogy which changed my view but i haven't got to dune yet.

i think i had in my head as a kid that sci fi was boring so never read any. i was pretty insufferable so read like spinoza (didn't understand), camus, russell, loads of popular science about theoretical physics, then loads of anti capilatism stuff til i got few up of being angry. no wonder people though i was weird at school lol.

recently i've read the 3 body problem trilogy which changed my view but i haven't got to dune yet.
Sadly I only know Camus from that list :/

In regard to Sci-fi I am with you most of the way, my only real draw to that stuff is William Gibson (Cyberpunk)

I love Noam Chomsky, I was truly blown away by Hakim Bey (and YES I'm aware of his more foul side & I'd still burn him for his stance on kids but his released some truly amazing work which changed my life)

I love Noam Chomsky,
off topic but I recently did one of those political-alignment test things on interwebz just for shits and giggles.

it was quite an involved test, and alongside the results they provided a graph plotted via social/economic axis and it places you on it with loads of famous figures for comparison, and I was directly on top of Noam Chomsky (metaphorically speaking obvs)

off topic but I recently did one of those political-alignment test things on interwebz just for shits and giggles.

it was quite an involved test, and alongside the results they provided a graph plotted via social/economic axis and it places you on it with loads of famous figures for comparison, and I was directly on top of Noam Chomsky (metaphorically speaking obvs)
I'd end up with Stalin or maybe Joseph Goebbels.

aaha, I think you might too no offence :)

I'm actually not very like Noam though in all probability, was quite shocked to see the results tbh.
:LOL:

tbh I've long been drawn to the old East USSR (Ukraine) for their culture & anything Slavic gets my attention right away. Drudkh - Blood in our wells in one of my favourite albums of all time regardless of genre it stands out as a true audio masterpiece & those lot are East Slavic as possible.
Mikail Bulgakov is a master author (imo) & I'm obsessed with anything to do with Baba Yaga, that says it all I think.

I also fully condone selling children for a few bottles of potato Vodka & the abuse of Krokodil