Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: "3D" movies - like them or hate them?

TheDeceased

Ex-Bluelighter
Anyone else severely dislike supposedly "3-D" versions of movies that play in cinemas? I really don't think the effect works very well. In fact I think it kind of destroys the tonal balance of the films.

Does anybody really like 3-D movies?

Why?

I slightly prejudge a film if I find out it's going to be out in 3-D. This prejudice isn't really founded in anything I can put my finger on. I guess I'm sort of neutral.

Yeah I love "good" 3D movies. You have to go see a movie at a real IMAX 3D theater specifically designed for 3D to get the real effects. In a real 3D movie, instead of just seeing another layer coming out of the screen, you are in the middle of the action because to your right and left are layers leading all the way back to the screen. Don't judge until you've seen the real technology.

the title of the thread, the first two posters. . . .

you can't write this stuff!!

yeah when it's done well, it's pretty amazing. U23D in imax completely blew both wifey and me away, but that wasn't a drama.

I like them. Although I notice that as the movie goes on, I notice the 3D effects less and less. By 2/3 of the way through, I've forgotten that I'm even watching a 3D movie.

Hrm. I've still never been to IMAX for either a 3-D film or a 2-D film.
I didn't realize there was a big difference, aside from the size of the screen.

Was going to see 'Up' this weekend. Maybe I should go to IMAX to see what all the fuss is about... Can anyone confirm that there's actually a difference between IMAX and other theaters, aside from the size of the screen?

clarity. if the movie is shot in imax sized film, like some of the dark knight was, not only is it a bigger projection, but the clarity is absolutely stunning. the opening shot of tdk, as soon as it cut in made me literally GASP. it's a little overwhelming actually. :D

td, i get $10 imax tickets (works in all sessions), let me know if you want, and i'll check if they work in melbourne.

until a few months ago, i didn't think too much about 3D
it was different and interesting but lacking something

a not long ago i saw aliens vs monsters in imax and got the same feeling as for tapes and CDs or video tapes and DVDs
the feeling that this was setting the new standard for the future and that with time 3D movies would replace regular movies, rather than just being an alternative

i like! and i didn't realize until last night that Alice in Wonderland is going to be 3d. i'm a lot more excited about it now.

i like but with those glasses its like looking at a third eye picture for 2 hours. gives me a headache.

I saw U23D in a one of those fake IMAX theaters. From what I remember, the picture quality and vividness was incredible. It felt like sitting a few feet from the stage at times. 3D glasses and constant depth were a little bit annoying after a certain point, but nothing nausea-inducing.