• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
I have no doubt this will be completely amazing. :D

There's already a thread right here though. ;)

"No problemo"

1245708724714_f.jpg

Wow....

My first thought was "No, no, no.... another of my childhood memories ruined by a heavyhanded and rapacious film industry that cares nothing about faithfully rendering the spirit of a great story."

But that looks fantastic. :)

How many 'Wild Things' threads can we make? ;) jk

Can't wait. Love everything about it.

We can make as many as we put our minds to, Amy. As long as there are drugs to impair the memory and lack of interest when it comes to looking in the index.

I wonder if this is the original which finally got approved for release or if they changed it at all?

I remember knowin this book when I real litle but how can they make a movie out of a 20 somethin page picture book without hardly any words? shit looks dumb as fuck....

EDIT: o hell no....i made it about 20 seconds into that bullshit before i x'ed out the window. lame as hell yall come on i am disappointed that some of the heads in here is on it like this lol.some books should just be left into books i really dont remember all that it was about or wat happened but some imaginary shit like that is for kids to enjoy and this shit look like its for a bunch of late college age kids who are gonna pee their pants with excitement that there is a movie of one of the books from their child hood. looks like some indulgent ass bull but wtf do i kno so i will leave yall to your party in here....

I watched this last night with the family. Overall I loved it, the two boys loved it (the 4 year old watched the entire thing without asking if it was almost over - that says something), and my husband liked it but was on the fence about a few things.

My husband was really bothered by the couple. He didn't think it was necessary or added in any way to the film. I have to say that I kind of agreed, but not to the extent that they bothered me. I was just kind of indifferent about them to be honest.

He also didn't like that instead of keeping true to the forest growing in the bedroom the boy ran outside. This was another minor detail that I noticed, and I agreed much more with him on this point. I thought they could have stayed true to the book, but it didn't bother me that much.

So much did follow the true feeling of the original story, the things it strayed on didn't ruin it for me.

I thought the film had a great balance of adult story and appeal to children too. Surprisingly emotional and deep.

I'll buy it for our home collection for sure.

I didn't really pay much attention to the hype. Just kinda blew me by. So watching the cast list at the end was a total shocker/jaw dropping experience.

I tried looking for a deeper meaning and failed miserably, like it was some sort of surreal death experience or something for Max in which he comes back, shared with the Wild Things. I mean there's not much to the movie, the dialogue doesn't make sense or seems to be incontinuitious (whew!) or rather the Wild Things relationships with each other is just awkward. Its a quality movie though, it seemed like some sort of extended Karen O music video, which the music surprisingly didn't fit in, but made me want to listen to the soundtrack.

Its well worth a watch. Just don't expect much beyond the satisfaction that its OK to be a kid with an imagination.

this movie is really odd,movie that not produce with ideas that I rarely see,I need 2- 3 times to grab the whole point of what this movie about

Last edited by a moderator:
this is by far the only book i recall reading on a daily basis in my dark room at night falling in love with. and this bitch loved to read. when i saw it came out a few months back, it was such a fucking thrill. what i love is that i never got the intricacies of the psychology behind it as a child, but as an adult and watching this film, it is eerie at how much it aligns with my emotions at the time.

I anticipated a dark childrens fantasy and usually am pretty easy to please in this realm. I could feel Max's anger and pain in his sadness in his life, from these trite but hurtful unintended "jabs" from those he loves, and could see the analogies in the new world with these "monsters" that were actually (to me at least) the counterpart to his childish emotions he is allowing to overtake him. that interpretation is sealed when he emotes to one of the characters "i wish you had a mom". this is not your typical film, expect to think. forget the usual easy to digest pixar-esque emotions.

on the bright side, there are a few lough out loud moments. catherine o hare as the female monster is a freaking riot, and the scene after the chicken has it's accident, (don't wanna blow it) it so simple yet hilarious.

i think this is one to rewatch. i didn't get a lot of sleep today, and wasn't in the mood for such an in depth film. ... so at the time, i didn't dislike it but was confused, so originally, i had posted a "this movie sucks" review on my facebook, but it isn't accurate. this is a great fucking film. but one to rewatch and rethink and relove over and over.